Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hidden Mickeys Discuss HiddenMickeysGuide.com in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; For more information about Hidden Mickeys, from the man himself, Dr. Steven Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys books , please visit http://www.HiddenMickeysGuide.com...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

HiddenMickeysGuide.com

For more information about Hidden Mickeys, from the man himself, Dr. Steven Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys books, please visit

http://www.HiddenMickeysGuide.com

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 12-20-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    And let him know when you thing you find new ones.... (Everest is opening soon....)

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Thanks, you guys! I agree with TrendyMagic that Cast Members don't always know about Hidden Mickeys in their areas, or they'll mention a Hidden Mickey that I don't agree with. My bottom line is: did an Imagineer (or Cast Member) put the Hidden Character there on purpose? I can't always distinguish purposeful from accidental Hidden Mickeys. There's a "Hidden Mickey" on the Animal Kingdom Lodge HM List (that you can get from Guest Services) that I can't quite accept. It's a tiny burn hole vaguely shaped like a three-circle Mickey head on a post in the lobby. It doesn't seem purposeful to me. However, I can be persuaded. On my recent MouseFest Hidden Mickey hunts, I had the groups vote on questionable Hidden Mickeys. The group's opinions were very helpful to me. So feel free to let me know here on Lou's great website or on my site if you agree or disagree with any specific Hidden Character! (By the way, some folks are more discerning than others. If TrendyMagic votes in favor of a certain Hidden Mickey, I'm very likely to accept it!)

Steve Barrett

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Will be checking those out on the girls trip in February!
    I love carrying my books around the park and reading while in line!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    Great site Steve! I hope you will have an updated book for our next trip in May 2007. My DD(9) had such a great time looking for HM's! It was a great way to keep her busy while in line for the attractions too!
    Donna

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

Many thanks, Donna! I'll talk to my publisher about the next edition. It seems like every two years for the Hidden Mickeys book may be about right, especially since WDW is always updating and renovating. Folks e-mail me about 4 or 5 new (or lost) Hidden Mickeys each month. So, Spring of 2007 just might be time for the next edition. Thanks again for your kind words!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Thanks Steve. I have Everest ones for you now.

TrendyMagic,

Let me know about the Everest Hidden Mickeys! Can you send them to my website? Descriptions would be good, since I know you're a good spotter; descriptions with photos would be ideal.

Steve Barrett

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have to say I LOVE the Hidden Mickey Book! That book brought me to the Disney World Trivia book!! When I went back to buy a second copy (for my cousin) of it I saw Lou's book for the first time! I was able to impress my father in law with showing off some Hidden Mickey's! Both books make great gifts for someone who is going on a trip to Disney! I have bought a few sets for co-workers, friends, and relatives!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Winnie,

Thanks for the kind comments about my book! I'm sure Lou appreciates your comments, too. I was at Disneyland recently (my first trip there in 14 years), and I was amazed at the number of Hidden Mickeys at Disneyland and California Adventure. A cast member was telling me about the Hidden Mickeys in the new Monsters, Inc. ride at CA. I never got to ride it because it wasn't always running when I was there, but I can't wait to return to find the "Monster" HM's. I know one of them is on Sulley's leg?

Steve Barrett

disneydramadiva is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have to agree. I actually sent you a message the other day, and I was very pleased at the response I was given. My friends all love your book as well. It makes standing in lines worth it!
    Imagineering is my Calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrincessLauren is offline A-Ticket holder
    many hidden mickeys are in fantasty land there is one in matterhorn

PrincessLauren is offline A-Ticket holder

Wink

[QUOTE=PrincessLauren]many hidden mickeys are in fantasty land there is one in matterhorn[/QUOTE]

LuvnTheMagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Stapleton, AL (Soon to be Orlando, FL!!!)
    HI!I found a Hidden Mickey at the Animal Kingdom, I think its the Majaraja Trek, anyway, the tiger exhibit, before you leave the exhibit, look at the wall on the right, above the little man, in the clouds is a swirling mickey head! Love those little guys![url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    Magic Artist "I LOVE"
    DW - August 1987, June 1992, July 1994
    Caribbean Resort - July 1996
    All Stars Sports - May 2000
    Disneyland Paris - August 2000
    All Stars Music - Sept. 2003
    Pop Century - Nov. 2005
    Pop Century - May 2006
    Port Orleans FQ - Nov. 2006
    Coronada Springs - Nov. 2007

DRC2 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Shelby Twp. , Michigan/ via Hillsboro Oregon
    Great work Steve! I picked up your book and checked out your site after listening to one of your segments on a MT pod cast. Thanks to your hard work, I'll be able to drive my wife zanny the next time we make a trip to the MK!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast