Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Haunted Mansion Hidden Mickey Turning Official? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Lou, we all know that one of your favorite Hidden Mickeys is the place setting in the Haunted Mansion. This is not an official Hidden Mickey but the cast members ...
    HdnMickeyGrl is offline ...I could tell his 'inner Pooh' was laughing.

Haunted Mansion Hidden Mickey Turning Official?

Lou, we all know that one of your favorite Hidden Mickeys is the place setting in the Haunted Mansion. This is not an official Hidden Mickey but the cast members like to sneak in and set one of the place settings on the dining room table in the classic Hidden Mickey shape.

Well, I am not sure if you all are aware of a new limited edition pin collection titled "Hidden Disney". This is a series of pins that feature little secrets throughout WDW including 5 dedicated to Hidden Mickeys. Here's the list...check out October

Pins in the 2006 collection will include:

• January - Electrical Water Pageant
    • February - Disney's Polynesian Resort - Hidden Mickey
    • March - Belle's Library - France Pavilion - Epcot®
    • April - The Boneyard® - Dinoland, U.S.A.® - Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park - Hidden Mickey
    • May - Magnolia Golf Course - 6th Hole - Hidden Mickey
    • June - Center of Walt Disney World® Resort - Epcot®
    • July - Adventurer's Club - Downtown Disney® - Pleasure Island
    • August - Sci-Fi Dine In Theater - Disney-MGM Studios
    • September - Mr. Toad and Owl in the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Magic Kingdom® Park
    • October - Haunted Mansion Dining Room - Magic Kingdom® Park - Hidden Mickey
    • November - Muppet*Vision 3D Courtyard - Disney-MGM Studios - Hidden Mickey
    • December - Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Fire Rock Geyser
    Maybe there is an official Hidden Mickey in the dining room, but if not, then perhaps those plates will be in a permanent position from now on....

Here's the actual link if you want to read more:
    http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p...event?id=13669
    - Jennifer

"Ooo...I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover..." - Mushu

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Wow! Thanks for the great info!

"Paging Dr. Barrett... Dr. Steven Barrett, please report to the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Hidden Mickeys thread for a STAT diagnosis!"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Funny you should mention this! In our room there was a little trivia pamphlet & it also had some hidden mickeys on it. The place setting at the HM was mentioned!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    when we did our tour
    he told us that it will be coming official because of it always being switched back to the hidden mickey
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    You know, I think we heard about this on our trip......that is is now an official hidden mickey.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Lou, this discussion reminds me of the side profile of Mickey's head in the Gangster Room of The Great Movie Ride. A cast member told our Hidden Mickey Hunt group that this HM was placed by cast members (therefore, unofficial), so the Imagineers removed it. Enough guests complained about its loss, so the Imagineers replaced it. So now I guess it's "official," just like the Haunted Mansion plate and saucers. If we (the guests) believe strongly enough, then Tinker Bell and a little pixie dust can make it happen! I hope Steve Jobs and the Apple folks believe in Hidden Mickeys; if not, we have some educating to do!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Steve,

I agree! (BTW, for all you fans of HMs out there - I had a chance to ride along next to Steve on the GMR and a few other attractions duing MouseFest. Needless to say, it really was a treat to have the man himself pointing out the HMs!!)

Also, it's nice to see that some of these HMs that have been around for so long are finally be adopted as "official"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    The old (2001-ish) WDW website had this Mickey listed as well on it.

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Just found this thread because I thought that I found some good confirmation for the haunted mansion hidden mickey while watching a souvenir tape for the MK that was copyrighted 1980. When they showed the haunted mansion, the hidden mickey was on the table way back then too.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08