Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hidden Mickeys Discuss Hidden Mickeys the book in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I went to my local bookstore looking for some cool Disney Books but didn't really find any. Just wondering what the format of the Hidden Mickey book is. I heard ...
    LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Exclamation Hidden Mickeys the book

I went to my local bookstore looking for some cool Disney Books but didn't really find any. Just wondering what the format of the Hidden Mickey book is. I heard it's great but would like to hear what everyone else thinks before I order it. Is it a list of places that have hidden Mickeys or is it an actual book... does it have pics? Anyone know if there is a place online where I can view a page of the book or even read a review?

thanks for your replies... I'm thinking of buying it for my son this Christmas. Did the author of that book write any more books? When was that book published.

Thanks for all your imput.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    check amazon.com for it. Its a book that describes where they are. I could send that along too if you want when i send the other stuff

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Depends on how much it is... I can order that from my local bookstore. I really appreciate what you're sending to me. Just email me and let me know how much $ to send.

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

Book preview?

Your local library may have a copy you can look at before you buy.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Amazon sometimes has book previews - so look there and check

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    And the author is a member of the forums here (sbarrett)!! You can go right to the source to talk to him!

Although I am not a Hidden Mickeys fanatic, I do like to look, and the book is great in that you can perform "HM hunts" or just for them as you walk around the "World".
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Main Street Magic is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'll try to provide a little information about the book as I purchased it prior to my last trip to WDW. First, there are no pictures of the hidden mickey's in the book (gosh that would make looking for them too easy!). The format is roughly the same as another Disney book I have (which was written by a big Frontierland fan - hint hint!)....anyway what I mean is that the book is broken down to each theme park and then each section is in two parts: first a list of hints where a hidden mickey might be, along with a point value. The point value basically lets you know how tough it will be to find the hidden Mickey. The the second part of the section are more clues to help you find the hidden Mickeys.

So now that I have two books (the hidden Mickey book and Lou's trivia book) I will really drive my wife wild come October when we visit WDW again!
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Disney has not allowed me to use photos of Hidden Mickeys in the book up to this point, although Disney has relaxed their restrictive photo policies recently. I have a large digital library of HM photos on my computer with hopes of including them in the book someday. I just sent the Intrepid Traveler publisher an updated book revision for publication in a few months, as some HM's have been lost and new ones created in the last 18 months. (TrendyMagic has some great photos of Mickey's Star Traders Shop HM's that I want to check out.) Thanks for your comments! Hope to see you all, along with Lou, at MouseFest in December!

Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys book

Steve

I don't know what I was really trying to say in my post about having photos of hidden Mickeys in your book, but if you ever get the opportunity to put them in, please keep the format as it currently is (with clues listed first then hints). I enjoy hunting for the little guys myself. However it would be helpful to sometimes know what I am looking for (i.e. the hidden Mickey which is in the clouds of the last scene of Splash - I have yet to see it....not that it's there....I just keep missing it!).

Just my thoughts........
    Keep your hands and arms inside the post at all times and remember no smoking or flash photography please!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    MSM, It took me a while to find the Splash one. Here is a pic I took earlier this summer when it was 'fading away'.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...php?photo=1620

It is very hard to tell which spot with this pic. The light area just about center at an angle.

sbarrett is offline Moderator
    Main Street Mag,

Thanks for the comments. I hope when the next edition of Hidden Mickeys comes out (projected for next spring) that it will have HM photos included (Disney lawyers will have to approve the addition of pictures). Thanks for the photo, TrendyMagic. It's easier to see in person. Some of these HM's are difficult to photograph, especially from a moving vehicle.

Steve

I have a good pic of it from several years ago I took aboard the train. Just can't find it.

Thanks to all who responded to my comments about the HM in Splash. At least now I have an idea where to look.....and to know that it fades away.....

Again my comments were just that any photos would be helpful in trying to find some of these hidden Mickeys. As my final example (oh there are probably more, but I do not want to turn this thread into a "why can't I find the HM in........) I have yet to find the HM which is said to be hidden in the Tree of Life (I believe over the eye of one of the animals - I don't have my book with me at the moment). My wife and I stood there staring at the tree (and I even used my telephoto lens on my camera and still could not see it. A photo might be helpful in areas like that to assist those of us who might be slightly "HM-challenged". (Now don't even get me started on how many times I stepped over the HM in the Animal Kingdom. You know, the one which is made up of a drain cover and some rocks. I've included a photo which was taken of the one I am talking about. My wife found this one several times before I finally "discovered" it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MSM, If you have questions about any on a certain attraction, just start a new thread on that attraction. No big deal.

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    he HM which is said to be hidden in the Tree of Life (I believe over the eye of one of the animals - I don't have my book with me at the moment). My wife and I stood there
    to find the Hidden Mickey on the Tree of Life: Look for the buffalo/bison head, it is slightly on the right hand side of the tree. Now look for a big green splotch of moss to the left of the head.

it is that splotch of moss! what may make it hard to find is , I think it is a n upside down classic Mickey
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast