Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss RIP Food Rocks in the I Remember... forums; Does anyone remember the great show all about Good Nutrition??? It got replaced by a specific hand gliding attraction.... Although I love Soarin... I think it could have replaced a ...
    gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER

RIP Food Rocks

Does anyone remember the great show all about Good Nutrition??? It got replaced by a specific hand gliding attraction.... Although I love Soarin... I think it could have replaced a different attraction.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    Man I miss that show. It was the coolest thing in the land.

Now Soarin' is good and all but I want my singing food products back lol
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Food Rocks was a replacement attraction for "Kitchen Kabaret", which also featured food singing about good nutrition (and the infamous "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" song - and no, I'm not talking about the Wiggles). Both were cute shows with good messages, but I liked KK better - the rock songs of FR were much harder to understand the lyrics to, and some of the characters were just plain scary looking - remember Pita Gabriel? <shudder> It was also just too loud for little kids.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

i agree... lol veggie veggie fruit fruit.. fruit fruit veggie veggie fruit fruit... But I still loved food rocks. cuz thats the one i remember
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    My family and I went to one of the last shows before it shut, I didn't want to leave my seat when it ended. It got very old, and not sure if any of you noticed but, it was in great shape for an older attraction. It sure will be missed!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Mwahahaha i have already been planning me evil sceme for when i become CEO of the Disney Company... Im going to get rid of Circle of Life and Put the beloved Food Rocks back into the Land

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I totally miss Kitchen Kabaret. I cried when they took that out. Although I do have memories of sitting through like 3 shows of Food Rocks in a row, and I always knew what they took out of Kabaret to use for Food Rocks.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i gotta say i didn't really like food rocks...it was just an updated version of kitchen kabaret which was IMHO much much better...the songs were catchy and cute even if it was a little on the "cheesy" side....hehe
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

I never saw kitchen kabaret... so i cant say anything about it

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    i never saw kitchen kabaret but food rocks i found to be very educational & fun (when i was 10), it's too bad soarnin' couldn't be place anywhere else.
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I was able to enjoy both Kitchen Kaberet and Food Rocks many times. I liked them both, but I noticed that kids seemed to really like Food Rocks.

gonesouthin: When you become CEO and my daughter is part of WDI, you can work together to bring it back!
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Lol ok Just be sure to tell me when she gets a job lol... I was talking to my friend who is planning on working with me that I am going to become known as the Disney Graveyard digger. lol... They sold the whole cast of Food Rocks on Mouse Surplus... Just making my job harder...

It wont be WDI and will be WED Enterprises WAHOOO

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Food Rocks was a replacement attraction for "Kitchen Kabaret", which also featured food singing about good nutrition (and the infamous "Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit" song - and no, I'm not talking about the Wiggles). Both were cute shows with good messages, but I liked KK better - the rock songs of FR were much harder to understand the lyrics to, and some of the characters were just plain scary looking - remember Pita Gabriel? <shudder> It was also just too loud for little kids.
    They actually sold all of the cast on ebay... Im kinda sad i didnt know that when they were selling them... I would totally have Fud Rappa sitting next to me right now. Lol... Oh well ill track em down someday

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i was very upset when they got rid of food rocks...soarin i dont care for.....BRING BACK FOOD ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast