Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Boone and Crockett Busses in the I Remember... forums; I remember back in the late 1990's, when the Wilderness Lodge was still considered new, guests rode the "Boone" and "Crocket" busses. However, today, busses are simply marked, "Wilderness Lodge" ...
    eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Boone and Crockett Busses

I remember back in the late 1990's, when the Wilderness Lodge was still considered new, guests rode the "Boone" and "Crocket" busses. However, today, busses are simply marked, "Wilderness Lodge" and "Fort Wilderness". Understandably, there can be some confusion here, especially if someone is visiting WDW for the first time and staying at either of these resorts.

If I'm right, the reason Disney named these busses Boone and Crockett was to prevent confusion between the two similarly named resorts. If memory serves me right, I believe the Crockett bus went to the WL and the Boone went to FWC.

Even the bus routes have changed. Many times the same bus goes to WL and FWC, which makes sense. On the old route, there were separate busses for each resort. Busses used to travel from either of those resorts to the Ticket and Transportation Center, which was great. Guests were able ride the monorail into the MK or EPCOT as Walt intended. Now, busses go directly to the parks from the Wilderness Lodge. It makes more sense, but its not as much fun as the monorail.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Boone and Crocket were actually internal FW routes. The names indicated which direction the bus went through FW and which one went out to WL and to the TTC. As with many other things the routes had to change when more cabin loops were added to FW and another route was added. Now the FW loops are Yellow, Orange and Purple, with the Orange loop going out to WL and a different bus from WL to MK. With more people staying at more and more resort I don't think this is the last change we will see, but I do miss not having the TTC as a central hub(but it just isn't big enough)
    Maggie

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I believe Ft. Wilderness used the Boone, Crockett, Chip & Dale bus designations to differentiate between the bus routes much like they use the Settlement Orange, Purple, etc. that they use now.

I thought it made a lot of sense seeing as how Crockett & Boone were American frontier explorers and Ft. Wilderness was themed that way. I don't think the designation was to distinguish between Ft. Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge but I could be mistaken.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

You are correct the distinction was not between FW and WL, but only one bus went from FW to WL and the TTC, I think it was Boone, the other two stayed inside FW.
    Maggie

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hard to beleive that FWC is that large that it requires an inner-loop just to get guest around.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

FW has always had two bus routes. In the very begining it was a bus and a tram, one went around clockwise the other went around counterclockwise and neither was airconditioned.
    Maggie