Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What About Captain EO? in the I Remember... forums; I just found this video on Youtube.com. I remember seeing this when I went on my first trip with my mom and dad. Man, that was corny! I don't remember ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

What About Captain EO?

I just found this video on Youtube.com. I remember seeing this when I went on my first trip with my mom and dad. Man, that was corny! I don't remember where in Epcot it was but I'm guessing it was where the Honey I shrunk the audience is now.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    You are correct. Captin Eo was replaced with "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" in 1997.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Miss Neverland is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was about to post about Captain EO, now I've found this thread. I am a huge Michael Jackson fan now, my first time going to Epcot was in 1994 i think and then i went again in 1996 so those were the only dates where I would be at Disney whilst that ride was still there, but i never went on it!! I swear now looking at the posters and stuff the Captain EO i saw a poster like that whilst i was there but i know a few times i went to Epcot there was construction going on. I just can't believe I missed out! Not fair. As a fan i would have just liked to sit there and go on it.
    Last edited by Miss Neverland; 05-26-2007 at 11:12 AM.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Looking back at Captain EO I thought it was cool then. Of course that was when Michael Jackson was still big time! Now watching the videos on Youtube I see it different.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I still have a stuffed toy of that little orange thing that hung out on his shoulder through the whole show. The thing about Captain Eo was it was the first of it's kind really. Well, one of the first at least... to have combined 3D with in theater effects. Good stuff.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

LordMoeschi is offline A-Ticket holder
    In the 80'ies beginning of the 90'ies we used to visit EPCOT quite frequently and i loved the EO show - Coming a long way all from Denmark I always pictured EO when i thought of EPCOT.

I must admit, i was a little disappointed when i returned couple of years later to find that the show was replaced. Especially 'cause i told my then girlfriend what great a show she was about to witness.

Tough luck, then. Looking at the clips today I realise how much I need those 3D glasses. Well - looking at the current presence of MJ today, he really went downhill since his high flying time way back then.