Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Does anyone else miss the OLD Epcot? in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by DHI at least they can still be found on the fastpass distributers... Yeah,you're right about that....
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Does anyone else miss the OLD Epcot?

Quote Originally Posted by DHI View Post
    at least they can still be found on the fastpass distributers...
    Yeah,you're right about that.
    Park Hopper Dad!

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Another great things about Disney World... it payts tribute to itself
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Fun2BFree View Post
    I could write a 10 page rant on this topic going attraction by attraction, music theme by theme, etc.

Good. Don't.

You're seem to be waaaaaaaay too negative, nostalgic and hateful of change, IMO. Get with the times and enjoy the newer Epcot attractions for what they are (because they really are great) and not what you want them to be.

It's okay to have such feelings of nostalgic for the past, but it's not wise to let it take complete control of you and make you close-minded and one-sided.

They had to make the changes they made for a reason. They had to keep the place fresh, relevant and even to give kids more of a reason to want to even set foot in Epcot.
    "Boy, I'm tired. I think I'll head over to The Hall of Presidents and take a nap."

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

i dont think anyone was losing their minds about it...
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    It's okay to have such feelings of nostalgic for the past,
    So we have your permission to be nostalgic? Thank you for allowing us that luxury.

P.S. Imagineers can and do make mistakes.

[quote=KINGCRAB;805784]Good. Don't.

You're seem to be waaaaaaaay too negative, nostalgic and hateful of change, IMO. Get with the times and enjoy the newer Epcot attractions for what they are (because they really are great) and not what you want them to be.

Somebody didn't have their crabbypatties this morning.
    Park Hopper Dad!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[quote=KINGCRAB;805784]Good. Don't.
    quote]

Quote Originally Posted by DHI View Post
    i dont think anyone was losing their minds about it...
    Welcome to WDWR!!!! We welcome your posts(just so you don't pick on the Chicago Cubs, I might cry.)

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post

P.S. Imagineers can and do make mistakes.
    I think an excellent Epcot example of Imagineers boo boo's was their first re-hab of Figment. What a flop. They should be insulted for insulting the first imagineers of the original Figment.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 05-15-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I'd really like to see the original listen to the land ride! I think that they need the song back... I also think they need some more songs...I don't come off of universe of energy singing anything that makes the ride stick with me... come to think of it neither does mission space...or test track...They need some of those great 80's theme songs to the pavilions like they used to have and they need to make them more...pavilions. They seem to be focusing on one ride... ok, you go do Journey into Imagination w/ figment... then you leave. There's not too much to explore with imageworks. The same with the living seas. Ok you go ride nemo look at the fish for a minute... then leave. We need to get back to the old epcot
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    I'd really like to see the original listen to the land ride! I think that they need the song back... I also think they need some more songs...I don't come off of universe of energy singing anything that makes the ride stick with me... come to think of it neither does mission space...or test track...They need some of those great 80's theme songs to the pavilions like they used to have and they need to make them more...pavilions. They seem to be focusing on one ride... ok, you go do Journey into Imagination w/ figment... then you leave. There's not too much to explore with imageworks. The same with the living seas. Ok you go ride nemo look at the fish for a minute... then leave. We need to get back to the old epcot
    I think you hit the nail on the head. You need a good song to stick with you. Makes perfect sense, you go on a ride, the song is stuck in your head, you can't wait to get back on the ride again.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by Disney2000 View Post
    They need some of those great 80's theme songs to the pavilions like they used to have and they need to make them more...pavilions. They seem to be focusing on one ride... ok, you go do Journey into Imagination w/ figment... then you leave. There's not too much to explore with imageworks. The same with the living seas. Ok you go ride nemo look at the fish for a minute... then leave. We need to get back to the old epcot
    You make a good point. It's like they're giving you the bum's rush out of the rides. They've removed things which cause guests to linger.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    You make a good point. It's like they're giving you the bum's rush out of the rides. They've removed things which cause guests to linger.
    You are so right Elvistelth!
    Even though at Test Track they do still have the variety of vehicles there to check out and "linger" in,your statement is true.Rush 'em in and rush 'em out!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    Good. Don't.

It's okay to have such feelings of nostalgic for the past, but it's not wise to let it take complete control of you and make you close-minded and one-sided.

They had to make the changes they made for a reason. They had to keep the place fresh, relevant and even to give kids more of a reason to want to even set foot in Epcot.
    OK, thanks for the judgment. My response is simply... no.

Why do you jump from my opinions about current Future World to a blanket "negative, nostalgic and hateful of change?"

You can enjoy the current attractions as they are, but I can't help but see them as a step down. I'm for change - as long as it's an enhancement. (I loved POTC & HM enhancements, as well as O, Canada.) I feel most of these changes represent a large step away from what Epcot was meant to be, and each step adds up. I feel you don't need rides that spin you in a centrifuge or speed you at 65 mph to stay relevant or keep kids interested. I enjoyed Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, SeaBase Alpha, Journey into Imagination 1.0 as a kid! I think they could have enhanced and upgraded the attractions without extracting the intellectual & educational aspects, and without injecting Disney characters. Future World is no longer about the future - it's about "another place to stick rides." That upsets me.

OK, so you want me to stuff it and enjoy the new rides? Mission: Space is cool, but its one and done for me. I didn't need that 2 hour headache. Test Track is disappointing. Journey is terrible. Honey I Shrunk the Kids is over a decade outdated. Energy with Ellen - naptime. Nemo is ok, not great. Turtle Talk and Soarin' are the only two "new" attractions worth its salt, but tell me what Soarin' (Over California) has to do with the Land?

Call me "close-minded and one-sided." I don't care. I simply expect more out of Imagineering, and I will criticize if I feel it is deserved. And if they feel the park needs to be "dumbed down" to bring the kids in, then that says a lot either about our youth, Disney's perception of our youth, or Disney's consideration of those that enjoy an educational experience.

We can have our opinions about Epcot. What I don't appreciate is your opinion about me personally.

OK, thanks for the judgment. My response is simply... no.

Why do you jump from my opinions about current Future World to a blanket "negative, nostalgic and hateful of change?"

You can enjoy the current attractions as they are, but I can't help but see them as a step down. I'm for change - as long as it's an enhancement. (I loved POTC & HM enhancements, as well as O, Canada.) I feel most of these changes represent a large step away from what Epcot was meant to be, and each step adds up. I feel you don't need rides that spin you in a centrifuge or speed you at 65 mph to stay relevant or keep kids interested. I enjoyed Horizons, World of Motion, Kitchen Kabaret, SeaBase Alpha, Journey into Imagination 1.0 as a kid! I think they could have enhanced and upgraded the attractions without extracting the intellectual & educational aspects, and without injecting Disney characters. Future World is no longer about the future - it's about "another place to stick rides." That upsets me.

OK, so you want me to stuff it and enjoy the new rides? Mission: Space is cool, but its one and done for me. I didn't need that 2 hour headache. Test Track is disappointing. Journey is terrible. Honey I Shrunk the Kids is over a decade outdated. Energy with Ellen - naptime. Nemo is ok, not great. Turtle Talk and Soarin' are the only two "new" attractions worth its salt, but tell me what Soarin' (Over California) has to do with the Land?

Call me "close-minded and one-sided." I don't care. I simply expect more out of Imagineering, and I will criticize if I feel it is deserved. And if they feel the park needs to be "dumbed down" to bring the kids in, then that says a lot either about our youth, Disney's perception of our youth, or Disney's consideration of those that enjoy an educational experience.

We can have our opinions about Epcot. What I don't appreciate is your opinion about me personally.
    You Go Fun2BFree!
    Get him!
    I'm just gonna cut to the chase and say what I want!
    I have been informed by another poster/friend,that Kingcrab is an annoying trouble -maker in these threads.When I first joined this site,I did the very same thing that you did,I voiced my opinion about the Stitch attraction at MK,and I got dogged out for it,so I retaliated,with my own way of saying things.I quit sugar-coating my opinions;because mine are just as valid as anyone elses'.I will continue to do so.I have a wacky sense of humor,and I WILL speak my mind about things,but they are never directed at anyone personally and they are never meant to hurt or offend.
    It's one thing to speak our opinion about a WDW attraction,whether we like an attraction or whether we don't;that's ok to post,because we are all entitled to voice our opinions about rides and attractions.Some may not like certain attractions that others like,and that is ok;we all don't like all the same things.
    But when it comes to insulting someone personally,like Kingcrab has done to you,that is where I draw the line!He did it to me and I wanted to let you know Fun2BFree,that you are not alone.So dog him out if you choose,I do and my friend/poster does also.
    We can agree to disagree about rides and attractions and most of the time we all will disagree to a point.
    For example:On what you said about the attractions that you mentioned,I agree with you about everything you said,except for Test Track and Soarin'.I like both of those rides.But my point is,we agree and we disagree,and it's ok.
    I'm behind ya Fun2BFree for what you said to Kingcrab.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    You Go Fun2BFree!
    Get him!

We can agree to disagree about rides and attractions and most of the time we all will disagree to a point.
    For example:On what you said about the attractions that you mentioned,I agree with you about everything you said,except for Test Track and Soarin'.I like both of those rides.But my point is,we agree and we disagree,and it's ok.
    I'm behind ya Fun2BFree for what you said to Kingcrab.
    Thanks.

I think we agree that Soarin' is a good ride. I just question its placement, and lament the loss of Kitchen Kabaret / Food Rocks. But yes, we disagree on Test Track. Whether you compare it to World of Motion or judge it on its own merit, I find it disappointing.

Glad someone's listening. Lets the friendly debate continue...

Thanks.

I think we agree that Soarin' is a good ride. I just question its placement, and lament the loss of Kitchen Kabaret / Food Rocks. But yes, we disagree on Test Track. Whether you compare it to World of Motion or judge it on its own merit, I find it disappointing.

Glad someone's listening. Lets the friendly debate continue...
    I'll tell ya,I loved World of Motion.I have the entire ride on video,that I taped way back in the early 90's.I am like you,I do like the slower,more educational rides and/or "dream" rides like Horizons was.Which I have it on tape as well.I miss Kitchen Kaberet also and I think we never saw Food Rocks.It seems like in 1998,when my wife and I took our girls to WDW for their first time,that food rocks was still there.But if it was,there may have been too long a wait time for us.My girls were only 4 and 7 at the time.I understand your point about Soarin.A different location probably would have been better.
    I would rather have World of Motion than Test Track,but I do like Test Track.I miss Horizons terribly though.I have heard that GM's contract with WDW is soon to expire,and that makes me wonder if they will do away with Test Track,or if another auto maker will buy the rights and keep it there,change the configuration or put something entirely new there.Have you heard anything?
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast