Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Does anyone else miss the OLD Epcot? in the I Remember... forums; ...I definitely miss the epcot of the nineties...but definitely miss the epcot of the eighties...it was so new and exciting...and future-istic...while I like epcot now, I get all mushy about ...
    dizny1 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Does anyone else miss the OLD Epcot?

...I definitely miss the epcot of the nineties...but definitely miss the epcot of the eighties...it was so new and exciting...and future-istic...while I like epcot now, I get all mushy about the epcot of my youth...

blinkereye123 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi there. I'm not sure if I commented on this or not, but I 'definitely' miss the 'original'
    EPCOT Center. It just had that wonderfully ethereal feel about it, especially Futureworld. The ideas, and possibilities of the place made you really take an interest in
    future technologies, (and the past as well).

I just wish someone would have told me that there were actually 'two' versions of the
    future: reality, and the dream. (Sorry, I get too sentimental sometimes).

Later. Peace.

drduck is offline A-Ticket holder

WDW was meant to be ever changing, but I think the idea was to add more ideas than to take away. Unfortunately, the new trend seems to be oriented towards watching things happen on screen and pumping adrenaline, rather than creating living wax museums and slow moving rides that the entire family can enjoy together. I also miss the "we can do anything" optimism that used to pour from the soundtracks of these attractions. It is still there, but it is murky and watered down. I don't mind Mission Space and Test Track, I just wish they could have been added without taking away a classic. Even though Food Rocks is gone, I think that the integration of Soarin' without completely removing The Land is a good example of how such integration could take place.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567