Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which one of these Future World attractions would you like to see come back?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions... in the I Remember... forums; (Insert comment here)....
    voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Re: If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions...

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I wish I was a little older when I was there. I probably would have appreciated it more. And would have taken more pictures, too.

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

I read that RC closed in 2001 and was confirmed closed permanantly in 2005.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

Smile Re: If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions...

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 07:13 PM.

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

It's closed because the facility used lake water and there were health issues with that application. Also, parking was a problem because the lot was far from RC which necessitated the use of a tram to shuttle patrons back and forth. Finally, it is very small compared to the 2 new waterparks Disney opened...so I don't think it will reopen.

In 2005 they said it will remain closed.....but yeah they should use the land for something other than raising mosquitoes....
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports

Smile Re: If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions...

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 07:13 PM.

I think its funny that this thread got sidetracked so bad on RC.....lol is it about Epcot attractions or RC??? LOL

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

that is all my fault... i brought River Country to the party... oops...

yeh River Country will never open again... it will just sit and decay, and at this point... it isnt worth fixing up and trying to rebuild it...

plus the health codes means that they would need a new water system... they would be better off building a brand new water park and just naming it River Country 2 (which they never will do...)
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    that is all my fault... i brought River Country to the party... oops...

yeh River Country will never open again... it will just sit and decay, and at this point... it isnt worth fixing up and trying to rebuild it...

plus the health codes means that they would need a new water system... they would be better off building a brand new water park and just naming it River Country 2 (which they never will do...)

They might just do it now that you challenge them lol

your right... you hear that Disney... Bob Iger... Lasseter... build a new water park and call it... RIVER COUNTRY 2.0... hahaha... if only it were that simple...

and plus... if it were that simple... i wouldnt have River Country at the top of my list...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

These so-called "Imagineers",are good about letting barren land sit,or land that has a closed attraction sitting on it just stay as it is.For years,the legendary years resort,adjacent to POP has sat with some bldgs built and nothing more.But now,word has it,that it is now being converted into the Arts and Animation resort,which will be awesome,being that it will be across from POP on the opposite side of hourglass lake.Walking back and forth will be cool.
    Park Hopper Dad!

i think most times it is the business men that do all of this... i feel that the imagineers arent allowed to do what they want all of the time... like their hands are tied... i bet they didnt want to leave Legendary Years or River Country... but when the person who pays your salary tells you to do something... then you do it... no matter how ppl will respond to it...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

i think most times it is the business men that do all of this... i feel that the imagineers arent allowed to do what they want all of the time... like their hands are tied... i bet they didnt want to leave Legendary Years or River Country... but when the person who pays your salary tells you to do something... then you do it... no matter how ppl will respond to it...
    That is so true.Of course we,the public,don't know the costs involved,the amounts of probably millions that are paid out in paychecks to WDW employees,and then there's the BIG FAT SALARIES that goes into the pockets of the very ones that you have mentioned,the FAT CATS with the money bag!Of course they are going to make sure that their pockets are lined with more and more and more................more what? More GREED!

But yeah,I agree with you.If you read many of my posts on this forum,you will eventually read where I kinda bash the imagineers.I guess cause I just feel like they don't really "get it",as to what Uncle Walt really wanted to portray to the public with WDW,Disneyland,and all else.Especially when it comes to certain attractions in the parks.But that's all I'm saying,just a tidbit.
    Park Hopper Dad!

i think most times it is the business men that do all of this... i feel that the imagineers arent allowed to do what they want all of the time... like their hands are tied...
    I think you're right. The number crunchers call the shots as to what gets built...not the imagineers.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast