Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which one of these Future World attractions would you like to see come back?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions... in the I Remember... forums; yeh... my special one will always be Space Mountain... i dunno why... just will always have a special place for me......
    JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions...

yeh... my special one will always be Space Mountain... i dunno why... just will always have a special place for me...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

I voted for World of Motion. For some reason that stuck with me more than any of the others.

Cherinva is offline Fastpass Holder

I voted for the original Journey into Imagination....I like the new show, but I liked the original one better.

nemomusicalfan1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

ive never been on ANY of these 6, but everyones all HORIZONS :P so i looked it up, and the new generation is missing out on soooo much!!!!!
    Wonderful Feelin'! Wonderful Day!

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Definitely the old Imagination - I know I'll probably get a ton of flak for this, but pretty much all the other replacements have been major improvements. (Save for Living Seas, which I enjoyed quite a bit, but still rather enjoy Nemo.) Horizons was fun, but horribly outdated, as the majority of Future World had become by the time it closed.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What was outdated about World Of Motion?

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Nothing was terribly outdated about the World of Motion - note I said majority, not all of. I do, however, prefer Test Track. It's personal preference, largely, but then again - as much as I loved much of Future World, and definitely have some things I reminisce about (once again, *sigh*, old school Imagination...), I think by and large the changes have been good.

As I said, though, personal preference. I never begrudge everyone their favorite attractions - for example, my sister swears that she'd love to remove Soarin' and put Food Rocks back in there.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That's cool. I definitely wouldn't argue that Test Track isn't an excellent ride, I just wish they could have built it somewhere else.

That's really the only change they made to the main Future World pavilions that I'm not in disagreement with. Though I do miss the unobstructed view of the main building...

The Living Seas was FAR better than Nemo & Friends, and the original Journey Into...was much better than the current shell of an attraction.

Definitely can't agree with your sister, though. Soarin', though oddly placed, is outstanding.

I guess my main beef is with the seemingly dumbing down of Future World. It was both educational and entertaining in its original form. Now it seems like it's Spaceship Earth/Test Track/Soarin' and time to move to World Showcase. I'm sure Mission:Space is awesome to some folks, but I rode enough spin-n-pukes when I was a teen to not want to relive the sensation.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 06-23-2011 at 05:53 PM.

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Horizons for sure.
    WDW Radio Android App.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Definitely can't agree with your sister, though. Soarin', though oddly placed, is outstanding.
    Soarin', though oddly placed, is still a ride taken from Disneyland and copied out east. Hard to say they created a winner at WDW when it was already a winner elsewhere. Disney truly has just about given up on Epcot.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Cut-n-paste only sux if it doesn't work.

In the case of Soarin', it works.

As for having given up on EPCOT, well, you got me there...

Never said it didn't work. I also never said it wasn't the lazy way out.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

mike,
    we have spoken about future world... it really should be considered today's world... nothing about is screams the future... for instance

TT- shows us how they make cars
    Mission: Space- shows us space travel... and mars which they are attempting now
    Imagination- EO and JII... really... imagination was good 15 years ago... it doesnt do the same as it did... and EO... yeh enough said...
    Soarin'- nothing screams the future like a handglider ride...
    The Seas with Nemo- water exploration is nothing futuristic anymore...
    UoE- how energy is made... not real futuristic either...
    SSE- um... yeh... nothing like looking at communication while reading a touch screen reclined... i feel like im... at home... excellent...

future world needs a huge overhaul... or a name change... i think Epcot circa 1993 was a better view into the future... what is the problem here...? are there no more innovative imagineers around...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

JNota, this all begs the question: what is the future?

Think about it. When EPCOT Center opened it was a showcase for futuristic products/theories/processes. Things that the majority of folks who attended would never experience anywhere else. Where would they have encountered touch screens? Where would they have encountered the depths of the oceans. The list could go on and on.

This is my point: now everything is right there at your fingertips. The internet, smartphones, iPod Touch, etc...

Companies no longer need the proverbial "brick and mortar" locales to showcase their wares. Future World, for all intents and purposes, is going the way of the Virgin Megastore. The future is in the palm of our hands, and that's something that has changed everything forever.

But, like the Virgin Megastore, Tomorrowland, and the Contemporary, Future World needs to focus more on atmosphere than trying to project a true future.

Does that make sense?

Think Carousal of Progress. There's a timeless atmosphere there that creates an alternate universe that will always appeal to people.

BTW, spent some time on your blog site. Very nicely done, brother! Keep up the excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Think Carousal of Progress. There's a timeless atmosphere there that creates an alternate universe that will always appeal to people.
    The only alternate universe CoP is creating is one where the present can experience the past. Neat idea because we need to remember where we were as we are heading to the next phase in advancement. Trouble is, the ride was always about progress, and the final scene was to be updated to keep up with what "could" be. If the best they can offer is voice activated lights and stoves, and virtual reality video games in glasses, well we're already there and have been for quite some time. Next? Guess the Imagineers haven't figured that one out yet. Oh well.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast