Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which one of these Future World attractions would you like to see come back?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree1Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions... in the I Remember... forums; It's sleight of hand. It's fantasy. It's retro-futuristic. I see no problem in any of that. After all, it's fundamental Disney. Right?...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions...

It's sleight of hand. It's fantasy. It's retro-futuristic.

I see no problem in any of that.

After all, it's fundamental Disney. Right?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yes but when we start promoting a land in Epcot as one devoted to the future, guests want to see what Disney thinks of the future... right...? listen we all know what Tomorrowland is... no one disputes that... it is a 1950's Buck Rogers take on the future... however Disney always billed Future World as the place where we could always see where we were going... im not saying that it isnt one if not the hardest things to do... but i think Disney needs to get back to its roots and make this land what it was supposed to be... a future look at the theme of each pavilion... i want to see the future of our imagination... the future of travel, and space... Energy... and how we use the land... what are the future plans of our seas... thats the point Disney needs to get back to in my opinion... and re imagine a way for us to experience our own Wonders of Life...

sounds preachy doesnt it...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

No, it doesn't.

And though you found a better way to put it, that's exactly what I was getting at.

WDW is about imagination and fantasy. Show us a vision of what we were along with an imagined vision of what we might be. That was why I mentioned the CoP.

I'm going to try to figure out a better way to explain what I'm saying, but it's simply eluding me at the moment.

Either way, it has to find that timeless aspect. Future World didn't, and that's what hamstrung it, IMO.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

I didn't vote because I'm stuck between two. I loved the original Imagination and even tho I'm in a minority, I also loved the World of Motion. I still can't understand why they didn't bring back the original Imaginal because I've heard so many complaints about that change and you'd think that Disney must have heard them, too!
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can we please have them all back? I love Epcot now but I miss Epcot Center.

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by penguinmickdis1 View Post
    Can we please have them all back? I love Epcot now but I miss Epcot Center.
    I agree! I don't want to sound greedy, but I would love to see all of the retired rides from all of the parks again. How great would that be?
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Thank God for YouTube.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213