Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which one of these Future World attractions would you like to see come back?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions... in the I Remember... forums; That's a tough choice. I remember all of them except Food Rocks. My top two choices would probably be Journey Into Imagination and Living Seas....
    tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That's a tough choice. I remember all of them except Food Rocks. My top two choices would probably be Journey Into Imagination and Living Seas.

poohpoohflutter is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree touch choices... Ok correct my meory if I am wrong which i know I am... memory is not working that right anymore... with Horizons it is still bits and pieces excisting in the park.. just like what was the previous poster had mention that some are being use in Spacechip earth and the tune from carousel of progress is also a bit part from Horizons... am i remembering this right ???

remixboypa is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love to see the original Journey Into the Imagination back. I just remember that ride so clearly having a large affect on me as a kid. I had a figment hat with the horns, and a figment plush doll.

Now not so much, but I did miss the first time they refurbished the attraction, and I heard that it was awful.

I don't think I saw food rocks, but i do remember the Kitchen cabaret (which I think was in the same space).
    Last edited by remixboypa; 07-12-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: had = hat .. LOL

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    Definately Horizons!!! Mission space is alright, but Horizons is 10 times better.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    I think that Horizons and Journey into Imagination would have to come back. It is impossible to pick between the two.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    i want to bring back the Journey into Imagination! I wish to see Dreamfinder and Figment again.
    JEANY SANCHEZ

SteamBoat T is offline A-Ticket holder
    Horizens, but a close second for me is the World of Motion. I loved the Audio-Animatronics in that one.

I've got an idea. If Disney doesn't want to bring Horizens back at Epcot, why not tear down the Speedway over at Tomorrowland and build it there! It would be a great fit and driving a car in a circle doesn't have anything to do with the future. This isn't Disneyland 1955 anymore!
    SteamBoat T
    '82 Treehouse Villas
    '83 Polynesian
    '85 Polynesian
    '86 Polynesian
    '88 Grand Floridian
    '96 Boardwalk
    '01 Grand Californian
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '06 Grand Californian
    '07 All-Star Movies
    '07 All-Star Sports

croc614 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    horizons was good it should have been updated and moved rather than removed

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I'm not crazy about any of the new EPCOT rides. I liked it the way it was. EPCOT is not as fun as it used to be. Beer sales is about all it has going for it now.

snazzo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey, good poll!

I voted for Horizons. And I think it's wonderful so many other people did too!
    -Yeah, I'm kind of bummed they think the public wants thrill rides.
    -Though I did like Soarin' at Disneyland, and I think it's at The Land Pavilion now.

But Horizons was superb. I have a CD with what must be some of the original EPCOT music on it, and there's a bit called "Space" from Horizons. Less than a minute long. But it thrills me every time I listen to it. Sends chills down my back.
    -That was such a cool point of the ride. Going from deep under sea to the twinkling stars of space, with those huge stations hanging there, rotating.
    -And choosing your ending was a lot of fun too. Of course I rode it three times to see each ending. I liked the space one best.

Maybe Walt Disney World can open a Fifth Park called The Land That Time Forgot or something, and put everything back there. The old Tiki Room. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Horizons. World of Motion.

Snazzo

snazzo is offline A-Ticket holder
    This may be old news to you WDW veterans and E-Ticket holders, but it astounded me.

I found on YouTube entire attractions, fifteen-twenty minutes long.
    -And I was absolutely THRILLED to find a superb Horizons "Tru-2-Ride Tribute." It was in three parts, by someone named "century3horizons," and it had great sound and good video.
    -I never would have even thought to look there if it wasn't for this Topic. Thanks a bunch!
    -Here's the link: I hope it works!:
    YouTube - Horizons True-To-Ride Tribute Pt 1

kellpooh is offline C-Ticket Holder
    definitley Horizons. I havent gotten over that being gone When I went in 1998, I went on Horizons about 10 times LOL
    kellpooh

Hi-Q 1979
    Off Site 1986
    Off Site 1994
    Off Site 1998
    All Star Sports July 2001
    All Star Movies Jan. 2002
    All Star Sports Oct 2003
    Wilderness Lodge Oct 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge Oct 2005
    All Star Sports April 2009

"Officially" Engaged by Cinderella's Castle 2009
    Wedding Pavilion for our Ceremony 2/27/10
    Grand Floridian for the Reception
    Polynesian for our Honeymoon

Lady_Aurora is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wilmington, Delaware- Hopefully Orlando soon!
    I voted for Horizons. I never saw it but i have heard so much about and wish that i had seen it.
    -Jessica
    Social Media Director
    Celebrations Magazine

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    It's a close toss up for me between Journey and Horizons, but I'd have to go with Horizons. I'd love to see more of those 80's dark ride experience that Epcot Center was so known for during it's first few years. These rides were amazing, and they exhibited some wonderful uses of Audio-Animatronics. Now, all we have left is Spaceship Earth, which is a perfect example, but I'd like to see more.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    HORIZONS!!!! Hands down! It used to be my favorite ride! I still watch it on youtube every now and then when feeling nostalgic.

After that, I would say World of Motion - though I like Test Track, I really miss WoM too!
    Last edited by eeyoregirl13; 09-23-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast