Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Which one of these Future World attractions would you like to see come back?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions... in the I Remember... forums; I miss them all, but if I had to pick 1 it's Horizons. I listen to the soundtrack almost every day!...
    Disneygirl212 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: If you could bring back one of these Epcot attractions...

I miss them all, but if I had to pick 1 it's Horizons. I listen to the soundtrack almost every day!
    "It's the truth, it's actual...everything is satisfactual!"

BamaChristi is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm with DisneyGirl212... if I have to pick one it would be Horizons. I am so glad to at least be able to listen to the attraction soundtrack and allow my memories to take me back.

I do have to say that the original Figment ride with Dreamfinder would be a close second for me. It was love at first sight with Figment, for me!

"Imagination is best when it's set free."
    Visit my blog at My Disney Sketches.

Fun2BFree is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    From what i hear, Universe Of Energy is about to join the Extinct list....
    Without the two great songs from the original Universe of Energy - combined with how they let the dinosaur portion decay - the pavillion is already DNR in my book.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

As long as Ellen is extinct along with it, I'm happy.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

It's obvious that many of us "older" Disneyites,want to see all of the original stuff brought back.Sad thing is,they won't.I wish they would be brought back,but reality is reality.We seem to have a love and a fondness for the original attractions that were there,and we,that have been to Epcot Center,not just Epcot,remembers the neat and sometimes "wacky" stuff we saw.I, like most everyone,want Horizons back.Luckily,I have the whole ride on vhs tape and I am thankful for that.But one thing we really must remember,is that Uncle Walt,always intended for Epcot Center to be "ever-changing",expanding through new technologies,and always looking forward to a new tomorrow.So just keep this in your head.........."There's a great big beautiful tomorrow,shining at the end of everyday,there's a great big beautiful tomorrow,tomorrow is just a dream away,man has his dreams and that's a start.............
    So let's all remember the "good ole days" of our beloved Epcot Center,but let's keep looking ahead to the future and be excited for what we may see coming on the "horizon" for Epcot!
    And that's the Dad's report.
    Park Hopper Dad!

XQIXX is offline A-Ticket holder

Just think, someday someone will post this about Stitch's Great Escape! Looking back is fun but looking ahead and how new technology will produce better rides and attractions is exciting. I can't wait to see a Hi Def Soar'n!

Quote Originally Posted by XQIXX View Post
    Just think, someday someone will post this about Stitch's Great Escape! Looking back is fun but looking ahead and how new technology will produce better rides and attractions is exciting. I can't wait to see a Hi Def Soar'n!
    Sorry,but I just can't see ANYONE,looking back years from now,and wishing that the Stitch thing was back.That has to be the worst flop that these so-called imagineers have ever come up with.All they did was take an attraction that was already boring in the first place,and intensified the boring when it was refurbed.
    Park Hopper Dad!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I really don't mind them closing Horizons. Yes, I miss it, but I think the original issue with Epcot was that there weren't many attractions, so everything ran a half hour or more. That's way too much time to be staring at Dinosaurs and Ellen Degeneris in 'Energy'. So World of Motion (how long can you listen to It's Fun to be Free, and in how many different styles?), Horizons, cheers, but don't hurry back.

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

Gotta go with Journey into Imagination...seems like that ride and the characters on it were as much a part of early Epcot and putting a "face" on the park. And the new version just doesn't have the same whimsical feel as the original...

dsh1342 is offline A-Ticket holder

I would have to say that Wonders of Life in its entirety is what I miss. Cranium Command's General Knowledge was just awesomely done. Hans and Franz are here to "Pump you up". You couldn't go wrong with an entertaining show for the kids and actors for the adults. Body wars was a great trip and while it is only a simulator ride, THAT was the first thrill ride in Epcot even if everyone overlooked it.

MMDGP is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by socaldisney View Post
    just bring back the future world of old...
    Absolutely. I especially liked the old Communicore.

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 07:16 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

[QUOTE=voyageofariel;878074]Still miss Food Rocks... Soarin' just doesn't fit into the Land....

I never got to see Food Rocks,so I can't comment on that,did see Kitchen Caberet though,it was ok,nothing to write home about.
    As for soarin',I partially agree.It really doesn't fit in the land pavilion,because it is not food oriented.But besides that,it is a great experience.
    Park Hopper Dad!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

The only reason that Soarin' is in the Land is because that pavilion was the only one that had the space behind, and around to hold the Soarin' attraction...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    The only reason that Soarin' is in the Land is because that pavilion was the only one that had the space behind, and around to hold the Soarin' attraction...
    Remember when Disney used to place things by theme, not by what fit in an empty space? I miss that time.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast