Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Most emotional WDW moment in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by MickeyspalJim That must have been great singing togeather! What a p;roud moment. It really was a great moment, unforgetable and very special...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyspalJim View Post
    That must have been great singing togeather! What a p;roud moment.
    It really was a great moment, unforgetable and very special
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Disney Drmr View Post
    My most emotional moments at Disney is during the Spectromagice and fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Even thinking about the wonder in my daughter's eyes of all the lights and magic, followed by Jimney Crickets speil during the fireworks...brings tears to my eyes. No matter how many times I go to Disney it will always choke me up. It is such a wonderful moment for the entire family.
    The one that always gets me is Wishes! It chokes me up enough as it is, but I really get " misty " when I sneak peeks at my wife and kiddos and see the absolute JOY in their faces!!!!
    I love the other shows too, but Wishes is the most emotional for me!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 07-24-2007 at 02:01 PM.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    It is a great show.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

dman763 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My most emotional Disney moment was the first time I took my daughter to WDW. I had just gone through a bitter divorce and custody fight, in the end I was given sole custody. We had planned our trip for over a year and there was no way I was not going to go, at the minute my parents decided to go with me and my daughter. I vividly remember as we approached the main Disney entrance we let my daughter, who was 3 at the time, unbuckle and stand up in the car so she could see. She was hopping up and down in her seat and kept repeating "oh boy! oh boy!" over and over, the look on her face was priceless and I broke intp tears. I have'nt had a moment that comes close ever since.

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My son was almost three, and afraid to watch Country Bears. I put my sunglasses on him and told him that the sunglasses made it so that he could see the bears but the bears couldn't see him. I loved watching him hold those big sun glasses on his face and smile big as he learned that the show wasn't scary.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Without a doubt, the day I got married at the Wilderness Lodge. To a girl I met at the Magic Kingdom. So, I guess that day was special too, but not as emotional.

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!
    Mine will be when I get proposed there this next year! Haha I know it's coming. My boyfriend's terrible at secret keeping!
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post

Mine was on my first visit, riding the monorail backwards, watching the MK getting smaller and smaller and getting all teary eyed. I was 10 or 11.

I remember doing that on my first trip, so now on every trip on our last day at MK I always look back at the castle for as long as I can until I cant see it anymore while wondering when I'll be back again.......

hope it's soon.....
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    I remember doing that on my first trip, so now on every trip on our last day at MK I always look back at the castle for as long as I can until I cant see it anymore while wondering when I'll be back again.......

hope it's soon.....
    That's so true!!! As we were leaving MK on our trip in July for the last time I turned around just in front of Town Square and just kept gazing back at Cinderella Castle. My DW noticed that I was not following and was wondering what I was doing. I turned to her, and then I saw she knew! " Just soakin' it in baby, just soakin' it in ".
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

dsnyprincess is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face College Program..

I was doing the WDW College Program Spring of 2006 and my most emotional moment is actually two moments I cant pick between the two... My first was the first night my roomates and I all went to the Magic Kingdom before we started our new jobs, and we all watched Wishes together, I cried, heck i'm tearing up right now remembering it, cause I knew that this semester was going to be amazing and one to remember. And the second most emotional was the last time I saw wishes with my two best friends Virgini and Megan before we left the program. Wishes was a big part of our program, we worked in the studios so we went to the MK more than any other park, and ALWAYS sang along to wishes, we even had a little dance that went with it. Oh I miss it.

socaldisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Spring Break with the old high scool gang... priceless
    ...SoCalDisney...

Disneyland Annual Passholder since 2000
    Disney Enthusiast since 1986

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by suznels View Post
    When I was a kid my Dad would make the looonngg drive every other year to take us to Disney World because HE loved it so much. Dad passed away suddenly in '02 at the age of 59. Last February my husband and I took our 3 kids there for the 1st time. Walking down Main St. USA I had tears rolling down my face because I felt like Dad was walking right next to me. I'm sure he was!

WOW you made me cry reading that.

I grew up in Orlando, so I have many wonderful memories. But the most amazing is the first trip. In October of 1971, a couple of weeks after opening, my parents took me, my sister and my grandmother to the park. We lived about 30 miles away in Altamonte Springs. We drove down World Drive, which back then was more like a National Park then instead of the rather gaudy signs that exist now. We drove and drove and finally came to the Parking Plaza(can anyone believe 50 cents then) and parked in Pluto( I still remember cause I was eating up every moment). When we got on the Tram, our host said "If you look in the distance you can see the tip of Cinderella's Castle which is still a little over a mile away." My Dad rolled his eyes and said "We still have that far to go?!?". We rode the Monorail over. My sister and I were picked by the Fife and Drum Corps, who used to perform in Liberty Square ,to be Son and Daughter of Liberty and presented with an official Walt Disney World copy of the Declaration of Independence. I screamed bloody murder when my parents decided to go in the Haunted Mansion and my Dad had to pry my hands off of every stanchion we passed on the way in, I saw maybe half the ride through my 7 year old fingers across my face amd then developed a morbid fascination with it....LOL. It is now one of my top 5 favorite attractions.

That evening my sister and I fell asleep and our parents carried us out of the park. I woke up on the Ferry Boat in time to see the lights of the Magic Kingdom recede in the distance and knew I was in love with Walt Disney World and would always go back.
    Last edited by echoscot; 10-25-2007 at 03:06 PM. Reason: My lousy grammar

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by angharad View Post

The not-so-good: The summer that my parents divorced, my mom and I went on a vacation to Florida. We wound up spending a few days at WDW, going our separate ways for about half the time we were there. I was in Epcot when it really hit me that my family was broken up and that we weren't going to be on vacation together or anything anymore. I was sitting on a bench, crying, and a cast member sat down next to me and asked if I was all right. We wound up talking for nearly half an hour, and I wound up feeling unbelievably better. And that's a big reason why I love WDW - that someone who was just out of work and looking to head home would stop and talk to a crying stranger for a pretty big chunk of time, without being asked or paid. It says a lot about the people that work there.
    I love this. The CM part of it, I mean. As I was reading this I was thinking back on all of the emotional times I have had there. Most of them were because of a great CM. We are very lucky that the place we all pretty much consider our "happy place" is so full of great people.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Speaking as a former CM, it is really helpful if you stop by Guest Services or write back and let them know when a certain CM has gone out of their way to do kindnesses for you. The management really do take notice of those letters and follow through on them.

cheshire_grl13 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    my most emotional moment was this past summer. my high school music department went down to WDW to do the magic music days and on the last day we all took a picture in front of Cinderella's Castle. as we were taking the picture, there was a couple that was standing there and we all watched as the guy got down on his knee and proposed to her. it was so romantic! and then after the picture we all were leaving the park to go home and none of us wanted to so that made it emotional for me too. it was probably one of the best times i have had while being at disney.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast