Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Hi, What Ever Happend To The Ride There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow? in the I Remember... forums; Hi, What Ever Happend To The Ride There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow?, At Walt Disney World In Florida?...
    Ani_Angel14 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Hi, What Ever Happend To The Ride There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow?

Hi, What Ever Happend To The Ride There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow?,
    At Walt Disney World In Florida?

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think you're talking about "Carousel of Progress," in which case its still at the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland.

Hi CM_Roo vbmenu_register("postmenu_463493", true); ,
    Is The Carousel of Progress The Ride
    That Haves Robots In It With A Robot That Looks Like Walt Disney And A Robot Family With A Dog,
    That Tells A Story About The Past, Present And Future Etc???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm not sure how much the AA looks like Walt, but that's definitely the attraction you're thinking of.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Yeah thats the one. The robots used in Disney attractions are known as Audio Animatronics, and I think you're thinking of the main character "John". Heres some more info on the attraction http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mk_cop.htm
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

thats it and tyvm
    Carousel of Progress,
    i hope they never close it .

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    There was a rumor that they were closing it, but I doubt that will happen. That ride was from the World's Fair, so I do not think they would take that away.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disney fanatic View Post
    There was a rumor that they were closing it, but I doubt that will happen. That ride was from the World's Fair, so I do not think they would take that away.

It was one of Walt's wishes that the ride NEVER gets closed

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    It was his wish that it never got removed from Disneyland, so its the least they can do to keep it in WDW in honor of Walt's wishes
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    well it was a Walt original and considering that it is an attraction with one of the lowest counts for # of guests at WDW and still not closed, it will be staying. I still hum that tune.

But I do wonder if they are going to change the last scene of the "21 century" It is no longer the future, more of the present and we already have all of the technologies that are imagined in the scene. how about the "22nd century"?
    The Goofy Princess

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Disney has not been putting any money into maintaining or upgrading this attraction. The last time we were at WDW (March 2006) the ride broke down twice in the same day. It is only open during peak attendance and not very well promoted.

I think it's a shame that more care and attention is not given to this great piece of Disney attraction history.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder

Carousel of Progress

I am a 12 year old and for some gosh darn reason the Carousel of progress is my all-time favorite Disney ride. This is probably because Walt created it himself, so it has some REAL disney magic in it. As far as I know it is still in the Magic Kingdom, but they only open it every once in a while. The day they close it for good is the day I march to the Disney offices and tell them a piece of my mind!
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I really enjoy this ride. It is nice to sit down, relax and enjoy a piece of the past. Especially a part of the past that had so much of Walt's work in it.

I know there are many that hate this ride....but that just means I won't have to sit in an overly crowded room or have to wait to long!

yodagirl94 is offline A-Ticket holder

definitely!

exactly! there are never any long lines and its not very appealing to the more troublesome crowds so you can sit, relax, and enjoy some time with your family.
    -Megan
    Host of the Neverland News Podcast
    http://web.mac.com/robinczajka/iWeb/...News/Home.html

"Everyone has heard of Ford cars. But have they heard of Henry Ford, who started it all? Walt Disney World is in memory of the man who started it all, so people will know his name as long as Walt Disney World is here."

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(
    I'd be heart broken if for some reason they got rid of it. It's been a family favorite since I was little. I worry that it won't last forever thougth. It barely gets mentioned in alot of travel guides. There have been many moments throughout the years that I thought they had finally gotten rid of it. As I have said numerous times, I am such a classic disney fan...the old stuff is the best stuff.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast