Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Michael Iceberg, MK, Tomorrow Land Terrace in the I Remember... forums; Does anyone out there remember Michael Iceberg who used to perform on his hand-built synthesizers at Tomorrow Land Terrace back in the 70's? I used to make sure I heard ...
    FigmentRules is offline A-Ticket holder

Michael Iceberg, MK, Tomorrow Land Terrace

Does anyone out there remember Michael Iceberg who used to perform on his hand-built synthesizers at Tomorrow Land Terrace back in the 70's? I used to make sure I heard him at least once every visit. Back then I was going every other Saturday, driving up from Ft. Lauderdale, visiting the MK with my MKC magic book of tickets and then driving back home all in the same day. Talk about an addiction. Later, when I moved up to Orlando and EPCOT had opened, I stopped spending so much time at MK and spent almost all of every visit (this time more than once a week) at EPCOT. I went back to Tomorrow Land specifically to listen to him and he was gone. I think he wrote and performed the music for the Electric Light Parade. Any clues, any pointers, any rumors???

In case you were wondering, I moved to New Jersey and now I only go to WDW two or three times a year. Can't get enough! I found Lou's podcast in my iTunes newsletter. I love it! Who could think it was too long? It only fills one day of commute time! ;-)

- janet

Oh, my first visit was December 1971. Family vacation when I was 15. Can't get enough ever since!

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Welcome to Disney World trivia! I am not old enough to remember Micheal Iceberg, But I do share a love of all things EPCOT. I collected old epcot Memoribilia. I too live in Jersey, but heading to the Carolinas in the next year. The wife to be and I want to be closer to WDW.

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I remember Michael Iceberg and his Ice Machine well. We saw him during several of our trips. The only thing I remember him playing was the music from the MSEP.

Our first trip was in 1971 also, though I was only 1 year old at the time.

As cool as Sonny is, he will never be a Michael Iceberg.

BTW - Welcome to the site Janet.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    There's another threadm with much more information on this:
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...l-iceberg.html

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

berrycuda is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Re: Michael Iceberg, MK, Tomorrow Land Terrace

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentRules View Post
    Does anyone out there remember Michael Iceberg who used to perform on his hand-built synthesizers at Tomorrow Land Terrace back in the 70's? I used to make sure I heard him at least once every visit. Back then I was going every other Saturday, driving up from Ft. Lauderdale, visiting the MK with my MKC magic book of tickets and then driving back home all in the same day. Talk about an addiction. Later, when I moved up to Orlando and EPCOT had opened, I stopped spending so much time at MK and spent almost all of every visit (this time more than once a week) at EPCOT. I went back to Tomorrow Land specifically to listen to him and he was gone. I think he wrote and performed the music for the Electric Light Parade. Any clues, any pointers, any rumors???

In case you were wondering, I moved to New Jersey and now I only go to WDW two or three times a year. Can't get enough! I found Lou's podcast in my iTunes newsletter. I love it! Who could think it was too long? It only fills one day of commute time! ;-)

- janet

Oh, my first visit was December 1971. Family vacation when I was 15. Can't get enough ever since!
    Michael Iceberg?...yes of course I remember him he was fabulous. The first time I'd seen Michael Iceberg was in the mid 70s when I took my nephews who were 7 and 10 to see WDW. They had recently moved to Florida from Ohio to live with the rest of the family and had never been to a Disney theme park in there life. I planned a three day holiday at WDW including the electric light parade. It was mid July and very hot we had patiently waited and gone on attraction after attraction when I started to run out of steam and spyed the coca cola pavilion where you could get moon burgers, space fries, and of course coca cola. The pavilion was huge and airconditioned with plenty of tables to sit at to relax and enjoy our space meals, but I think the best part was seeing Michael Iceberg perform on his ice machine with all the sound effects and him literally slapping himself ear to ear with his tongue while doing animal noises. I've never seen anything quite like it before or since and have mentioned him many times through the years trying to describe his performance to people that hadn't had the pleasure of seeing him.

I've moved to England and now have a new family, my daughter is nearly 2 yrs old and I'd love showing her WDW and Florida where her dad comes from, she would be thrilled as well never having seen anything like that in her life. Although it won't be quite the same without Michael Iceberg and his icemachine to entertain us the theme park will still be a wonder as it had been for myself and so many others.

Cheers!
    Last edited by berrycuda; 04-04-2009 at 01:05 PM.

FigmentRules is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Michael Iceberg, MK, Tomorrow Land Terrace

Nice! Glad you are still able to visit from across the pond. My mum's from Manchester, and I have a cousin, still in the UK, who's quite the WDW addict as well! Enjoy sharing the magic with your daughter!

berrycuda is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Michael Iceberg, MK, Tomorrow Land Terrace

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentRules View Post
    Nice! Glad you are still able to visit from across the pond. My mum's from Manchester, and I have a cousin, still in the UK, who's quite the WDW addict as well! Enjoy sharing the magic with your daughter!
    Ah Manchester great place! what a coincidence the Glazers are there quite often with their team Man Utd. I was a Buccaneer fan for ages having lived in the Bay area most my life.
    It is a long journey from England but well worth it, WDW is such a great place and so big you must plan on at least a week or two. We have had some unexpected expenses recently and although we would love to come there this summer I'm afraid it won't be affordable to us. This is a bit of a disappointment as Paris Disney doesn't come close to comparison which is where we may have to go instead.

At the moment we must live here in the UK due to work and school but plan to return to live in Florida as that was my home and our choice for retirement.