Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Movie ride guides in the I Remember... forums; At one point in time didn't the guides that took you through the Great Movie Ride change two or three times throughout the ride? I seem to remember changing from ...
    wdwfamily4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Movie ride guides

At one point in time didn't the guides that took you through the Great Movie Ride change two or three times throughout the ride? I seem to remember changing from the normal guide to the gangster and a Indiana Jones (or something like him) coming down on a rope. No one else I talk to seems to remember this.Am I mistaken?
    • 1988 WDW-Off Property
    • 1990 Disneyland,CA
    • 1996 WDW-Off Property
    • 1997 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 1998 WDW-Disney's Polynesian
    • 1999 WDW-Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside ( Dixie Landings )
    • 2000 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 2001 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2002 WDW-Disney's Coronado Springs
    • 2003 WDW-Disney's Caribbean Beach
    • 2004 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2005 WDW-Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • 2006 WDW-Disney's Grand Floridian / Disney's Fort Widerness Cabins / Disney's Pop Century
    • 2007 WDW-Disney's Beach Club / Disney's Saratoga Springs / Disney's Port Orleans -French Quarter
    • 2007 New Member DVC Animal Kingdom Villas
    • 2008 Disney Cruise / WDW-Disney's Old Key West/ Disney's Boardwalk / Disney's Yacht Club
    • 2009 WDW-Disney's All Star Movies/ Disney's Old Key West/ Animal Kingdom Villa's

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I think you may be mixing two attractions, in the Indiana Jones stunt show, the Indy stuntman comes down on a rope. In the Great Movie ride, you start off with one guide, then the gangster takes over until you get to the Indy portion of the ride, then your original guide returns for the rest of the ride. Hope that helps!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Still thinking about this, I vaguely remember a cowboy type person taking over the ride, aren't there two possible scenarios, the gangster one and the western one? Can anyone confirm this? Seems I got the gangster version the last couple times I was there.

wdwfamily4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think if you ride through now the rope is still hanging in that section of the ride. It was in the Raiders section right after the Alien section. And there used to be a cowboy also.
    • 1988 WDW-Off Property
    • 1990 Disneyland,CA
    • 1996 WDW-Off Property
    • 1997 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 1998 WDW-Disney's Polynesian
    • 1999 WDW-Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside ( Dixie Landings )
    • 2000 WDW-Disney's Contemporary
    • 2001 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2002 WDW-Disney's Coronado Springs
    • 2003 WDW-Disney's Caribbean Beach
    • 2004 WDW-Disney's Wilderness Lodge -Christmas Time
    • 2005 WDW-Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • 2006 WDW-Disney's Grand Floridian / Disney's Fort Widerness Cabins / Disney's Pop Century
    • 2007 WDW-Disney's Beach Club / Disney's Saratoga Springs / Disney's Port Orleans -French Quarter
    • 2007 New Member DVC Animal Kingdom Villas
    • 2008 Disney Cruise / WDW-Disney's Old Key West/ Disney's Boardwalk / Disney's Yacht Club
    • 2009 WDW-Disney's All Star Movies/ Disney's Old Key West/ Animal Kingdom Villa's

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have experienced both the cowboy and ganster versions of the ride.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There is another thread on here somewhere that explains this a little better....
    there are actually both a cowboy and a gangster, because there are two different scenes where the action plays out, determined by what car you are in. If you are in the front car, you stop in the Western scene and get the cowboy. If you are in the back car, you stop in the city scene and get the gangster.

When the ride isn't operating at full capacity, they tend to run the second car only and you get the gangster.

Either way, whichever one hijacks your car gets switched back to your original guide in the Indy scene.

I thought there was an AA Indiana Jones hanging from a rope in that ride, just before you get to the temple, but I may be remembering it wrong.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    If it helps alleviate any confusion, there is an animatronic Indy hanging off of a rope in the Temple of the Forbidden Eye at Disneyland, but as far as I know, he's always been hoisting the Ark out of its sepulcher with the help of Sallah in the Great Movie Ride.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Ooops! yes, Conceited Ape is right on that one. I mixed my Indy's up!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    I prefer to get the gangster. I got the cowboy for the first time a couple of trips ago, on my 11th or so trip, so I was really surprised! I also have had a female gangster...but I prefer the guys - they seem to have a better New york accent
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

Couldn't agree more, Caribbean Lady. I've had male and female gangsters and outlaws, and I'd prefer the boys if it were up to me; especially if we were dealt the western scenario.

All chauvinism aside, the female wild west villain just wasn't selling......

also, in the alien part if the guy dosnt say something along the lines of, "Look at that ugly critter up there!" the alien wont come out... is that true?
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm almost positive your driver has no control over the Alien and he is gonna come out no matter what.
    -Tommy-

Quote Originally Posted by dznyfreak42 View Post
    also, in the alien part if the guy dosnt say something along the lines of, "Look at that ugly critter up there!" the alien wont come out... is that true?
    Heh, sounds to me like a bit of CM "Murphy's Law" you're takin' to heart with that one.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I like the gangster better, as well. I haven't hade a female gangster, but I have had a female guide. She was awesome. Very energetic and the gangster was pretty cute, if I-do-say-so-myself.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Hmm. I was told that there were 2 completely different tracks for the gangster and cowboy scenes! Oh well. Didn't there used to be goo that came out during the Alien part? And it seems that everytime I'm on the ride...the alien doesn't come out!
    Love, Kerri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast