Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Extinct Attractions DVD's? in the I Remember... forums; Anyone have any of the DVD's offered at http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com ? I've often looked at them, and would love to see some of their early EPCOT/WDW footage, but am a bit ...
    mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder

Extinct Attractions DVD's?

Anyone have any of the DVD's offered at http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com ?
    I've often looked at them, and would love to see some of their early EPCOT/WDW footage, but am a bit leery. Any comments on the footage and on their customer service?

I'd really love to see the early Epcot stuff, expecially the Land and Horizons, now that one is gone and the other will re-open as a totally new experience.
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I have ordered several of their DVD's, including the Horizons/Carousel of Progress one.
    They are interesting and fairly well done for what they are: collections of footage and audio mostly from non-professional sources. Don't expect expert cinematography or well organized documentaries. Some are better than others - the World's Fair set doesn't even have chapter menus. Sometimes they show generic footage or a graphic while an audio track to an attraction plays. My American Adventure disc didn't even come with art for the box. They just recently started printing on the DVD's themselves - my first few are blank white discs.

As for customer service, they are friendly & quick to answer their emails. One of the discs I ordered as a Christmas gift contained the wrong DVD in the box. They promised to send a replacement, no charge, but I haven't received it yet. Re-contacted them yesterday about it, and they were looking into it.

I'm expecting their new disc on the Haunted Mansion any day now. This one is supposed to contain interviews that they themselves conducted with imagineers. I'll let you know how it is when it arrives.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I have a few of the DVDs and have to say how much I enjoy them The production quality is excellent, and if you're a WDW nostalgian like me, they're wonderful additions to your collection. I watch them over and over quite often. I have If You Had Wings, Horizons, Epcot, and a few others.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Are they short, like less than a half and hour or longer? I just went onto the site and it said you can buy all 50 DVD's...are they all about Disney?? If anyone has answers to these questions I would appreciate it. Thanks!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The ones I have are longer than half an hour. Most of the DVD's are Disney, but I think they have a few about other parks plus things like the '64-'65 World's Fair (which had Disney-built attractions, but the DVD isn't only about them). There are a lot more about Disneyland than Walt Disney World. I'm not sure if they are included in the 50, but there are some audio-only DVD's available, too.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    If anyone knows where I can download Horizons/ World of Motion, please let me know. I really miss those rides.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I might as well add to the EAC feedback. I have bought 2 DVDs from them, and they both arrived quickly, and the footage, considering it was from about the '50s, was much better than expected.

If you are wary of buying from them, three words: Go For It !

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    If anyone knows where I can download Horizons/ World of Motion, please let me know. I really miss those rides.
    There's the World of Motion from 88 and a few Horizons endings in the Downloads section of the website.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

mattlori is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all the reviews and advice.
    I think I'll order one soon!
    Matt
    See my history of the <a href="http://www.mattlori.ca/themepark/index.htm">Disney Theme Parks through Paper!
    </a>
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 7, 2005 1:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Disneyland - Grand Californian</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Here we go!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a real media file of the entire horizons ride, I got it off of Kazaa a long time ago, If I found the disk could anyone explaun to me how to upload it to the downloads section. I will be more than happy to do it once I find the disk. Just to let you know though, this is someones video that they digitized themselves ( sounds like Tron.) and posted themselves.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I can't say enough about the Extinct Attractions Club's DVD series.

And... Look for an exciting announcement coming soon!!

Lou Mongello

Now does this have anything to do with the impending release of the 20,000 Leagues DVD?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Nope... but keep your eyes open...
    Lou Mongello

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Lou are you going to be on a DVD?

That's what it sounds like. Maybe a Frontierland tribute?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast