Your Walt Disney World Information Station
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss NY Worlds Fair 1965-66 and Disney attractions in the I Remember... forums; When I was in 5th and 6th grades, I had the experiance of seeing the World's Fair in New York with school trips and family 1965 and 1966. I did ...
    DisneyMarie is offline A-Ticket holder

NY Worlds Fair 1965-66 and Disney attractions

When I was in 5th and 6th grades, I had the experiance of seeing the World's Fair in New York with school trips and family 1965 and 1966.
    I did notice my first tip to Disney in 1994 that several attractions at this World's Fair are at Disney. The "It's a Small World", The Carolsel of progress, Presidents hall of Fame.
    There was also a huge world globe at the fair, and a prehistoric I think Sinclair Oil put on. The Monorail was another big attraction there.
    Not sure of others,
    It was interesting to see the added tomorrow's on the carosel of progress though.there was no grandma playing video games then, just a radar range, lol.

Any where the history to the exhibits would be known?
    DM

In Memory of my Angel DeAnne Marie Jan 2007

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I couldnt find anything on the exhibits of the 1965 World's Fair, but here is a little history of Disney attractions in the '64 World's Fair. 1964 New York World's Fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Good find

WOW for a kid, I had a good memory. Thanks so much for providing this link to information.
    DM
    PS
    I did search and found this....
    This Day in Disney History: 1964 WORLD'S FAIR

Disney and more: Disney and more Time machine - Back in time to 1964 : Walt Disney and the New York World Fair attractions - updated 8 /17 with new videos !
    But is it so generational that no one remembers these at the Fair?

Thanks for your link to this.
    The Walt Disney Company was responsible for the creation of four shows at the Fair:
    After the Fair, there was some discussion of the Disney company retaining these exhibits on-site and converting Flushing Meadows Park into an east coast version of Disneyland, but this idea was abandoned. Instead, Disney relocated several of these exhibits to Disneyland, and subsequently replicated them at other Disney Theme Parks; Walt Disney World is essentially the realization of the original concept of an "east coast Disneyland".
    Last edited by DisneyMarie; 08-18-2007 at 02:00 AM.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMarie View Post
    • In the "It's a Small World" attraction at the Pepsi pavilion, animated dolls and animals frolicked in a spirit of international unity on a boat-ride around the world. The song was provided by the Sherman Brothers.
    I don't remember what show it was on, but they had one of the Sherman's playing the original song they wrote for IASW. It's actually a lovely ballad. They sped it up by almost double to what it is today.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm sure you know the Unisphere is still in Flushing, very near Shea Stadium but not much else is there, that's probably why they don't do World Fairs anymore because they would put all this money into buildings that would mostly just be torn down. It's sad that there aren't anymore of them. Here is website that may help.......nywf64.com - New York World's Fair 1964 / 1965
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

memories

I did see that show, it was a sweet slow ballad, so lovely.

I did not know the sphere was still there, I wxpected that ground being in NY would ahve been leveled and rebuilt into money towers by now.WOW
    I do so enjoy the memories.
    IT was such great fun the first trip to Disney to find so many old friends.
    I remember driving or being in the driver seat of the Ford convertable the last school trip. So many memories.
    Again thankyou all for links and information shared,
    DM