Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; Basicly,in my opinion,we can all long for this attraction and that ride,and I am right there with all of yall.I miss a lot of the older stuff.But we ask why ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Basicly,in my opinion,we can all long for this attraction and that ride,and I am right there with all of yall.I miss a lot of the older stuff.But we ask why this and why that,and never get any answers.Even though this sounds simplistic and low-educated,(which I am not),the answer is this.These so-called imagineers are complete idiots!We now have,my fellow WDW lovers,a new generation of "kids" in charge of imagineering,with a few exceptions like Joe Rhodes,who contributed towards Expedition Everest.he gets my vote! But we do not have any that appears to have grown up with Disney as probably most of us have and so they most likely don't really understand about nostalgia,and some of the old things that are dear to a lot of us.But sadly,their supposedly,fantastic ideas and imagineering,of a 21st century theme park is really a sad,and unwanted thought that should have never been put on paper,nor discussed.But when those in charge,can't even remember pay phones,black and white tv,cassette tapes,8 track tapes,and even vinyl records,or corded phones,in the home and in the car,how can we expect them to fully understand what it means to "keep the old ways" and keep it as Uncle Walt would have wanted it?Sadly,we can't.So in conclusion,are they idiots as I said earlier,no,I guess I wouldn't say that,just unfortunate souls that never really got to know and experience what Disneyworld was really all about.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thier biggest error... The years between Roy's dealth and Eisner. Really bad! And almost lead to the break up of the company. The vultures were circling! The thougth the "parts" were worth more then the whole.....

The view of management at the time was if "Walt" hadn't personally approved it they couldn't do it. And since Walt was not around that left them doing nothing really.

Everything else, well some poeple like it and some won't......

As for what "Uncle Walt" would do know.. I bet he would have all kinds of new technologies in the parks. He was BIG on technolgoy. Just look at what he did, cameras, audio-animtranoics (however you spell that!), lots of cool things that had never been done before.
    Last edited by Carolla; 01-27-2010 at 09:47 PM.

I know we all make mistakes sometimes,but as I read the posts on this website,not just this thread,I see so many mistakes in spelling.I know we all have alot to say sometimes and our brains can get ahead of our fingers,but everyone needs to check their spelling before they hit the post reply button.I always check my spelling by proof-reading my replies before I post them.Nearly everytime I find mispelled words that I correct before posting.I just think it is common courtesy to spell our words correctly on these posts.I even have a dictionary here by my computer,in case I do not know how to spell a word.But if some in here are typing too fast and hit wrong keys,it's easy enough to correct that.
    I am not bashing anyone,please.I am merely stating something to make everyone more aware.But if anyone gets mad at me for posting this,that is not my intention.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I know we all make mistakes sometimes,but as I read the posts on this website,not just this thread,I see so many mistakes in spelling.I know we all have alot to say sometimes and our brains can get ahead of our fingers,but everyone needs to check their spelling before they hit the post reply button.I always check my spelling by proof-reading my replies before I post them.Nearly everytime I find mispelled words that I correct before posting.I just think it is common courtesy to spell our words correctly on these posts.I even have a dictionary here by my computer,in case I do not know how to spell a word.But if some in here are typing too fast and hit wrong keys,it's easy enough to correct that.
    I am not bashing anyone,please.I am merely stating something to make everyone more aware.But if anyone gets mad at me for posting this,that is not my intention.

I am not mad, I know you were aiming at me and, honestly, IMHO it's no big deal. I am sorry, but it will continue to happen so you will just have to be upset with me. Let's make a deal. You don't worry about my spelling and I won't point out that you need to include spaces between the end and beginning of a sentence.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    You don't worry about my spelling and I won't point out that you need to include spaces between the end and beginning of a sentence.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carolla View Post
    I am not mad, I know you were aiming at me and, honestly, IMHO it's no big deal. I am sorry, but it will continue to happen so you will just have to be upset with me. Let's make a deal. You don't worry about my spelling and I won't point out that you need to include spaces between the end and beginning of a sentence.
    No,I wasn't necessarily aiming my comment at you or about you.I've just seen it too many times and I wanted to say something in general.But I can tell by your comment,that you are somewhat offended,no matter that you say you are not.Again,not my intention.
    But I will say this,I spell my words correctly,but I will not space at the end and beginning of my sentences,never have and never will.As you put it,no big deal,and it will continue to happen.Remember,never my intention to start any trouble,just a generalized statement.
    Park Hopper Dad!

StitchGal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

i miss America Sings and mr toad. *sigh*
    Four Parks, One Dream

ashleighbass06 is offline C-Ticket Holder

What about Journey into Imagination? Definitely Disney's biggest mistake! It wasn't outdated and the ride it was replaced with was trash.

But since that wasn't an option, I said Timekeeper. Although I do love the laugh floor, Timekeeper was awesome! They should've forgotten Stitch and put the laugh floor where Alien Encounter used to be.
    Last edited by ashleighbass06; 04-18-2010 at 12:09 AM.

voyageofariel is offline Annual Passholder

Insert comment here.
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

MMDGP is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by ashleighbass06 View Post
    What about Journey into Imagination? Definitely Disney's biggest mistake! It wasn't outdated and the ride it was replaced with was trash.

But since that wasn't an option, I said Timekeeper. Although I do love the laugh floor, Timekeeper was awesome! They should've forgotten Stitch and put the laugh floor where Alien Encounter used to be.
    For some reason I keep mentally confusing the Timekeeper with the Dreamfinder! Yes, I know the Dreamfinder went with Journey into the Imagination and the Timekeeper was a separate attraction - but it was one I either never went on or that didn't make much of an impression on me.

Quote Originally Posted by voyageofariel View Post
    You didn't like Doug Live!? That was such a good show! Well I guess people who watched the T.V. show might kind of get it more... oh well....
    My family and I saw the Doug Live show years ago,and we loved it.I think Doug,the cartoon,was a good little cartoon.I watched it,even when my girls didn't.I wish we could have seen the show more than once,but it was gone the following year after we saw it.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Smile Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Insert comment here.
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 08:48 PM.

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

wow! now I'd like one of those lunchboxes.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Smile Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Insert comment her.
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i love it... one persons treasure... is another ones crayon box... (no disrespect here...)

i think that is awesome...

but seriously on doug... was never a fan... i personally grew out of that jus as Disney was getting it...

TMNT was my thing...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast