Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; Really it comes down to being convinced you're getting your moneys worth. I have no issue at all with a company making a profit. That's the point afterall, provide a ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Really it comes down to being convinced you're getting your moneys worth. I have no issue at all with a company making a profit. That's the point afterall, provide a service, do it consistently, please the customer, make a profit. ideally it is a win/win if they customer gets what they pay for. the Better Half and I have been going to WDW since 2000. We missed the Halycon days of the 80s and 90s, yet overall find ourselves pleased with what we get for our money. If we find we don't like somethign we skip it. From my admittedly limited POV the cost/enjoyment ratio is skewing towards costs rising faster than the enjoyment factor. It's still in the plus column, and like any other consumer i do take note of places it's skewed.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I agree with Veritas.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Huh?!

How can you have no issue with the company making money when you were just screaming about greed in your pevious post?

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Huh?!

How can you have no issue with the company making money when you were just screaming about greed in your pevious post?
    because truth be known, I realize that a sponsor can be beneficial, like GM sponsoring the World of Motion and Test Track. Or GE sponsoring,Spaceship earth or whatever.(not sure if they sponsor SE). A lot of times, I base my comment on what I have read previously or even several comments prior to my own. It's not always how I feel, but I get "caught up" in the moment as to the flow of the conversation and I go with it. I think Kraft does,or did sponsor The Land Pavilion.That's a good thing. Sorry if I went this way and that! I'm passionate and emotional!LOL.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

GE was the old sponser of SE.

Siemens is the current sponser.

Huh?!

Greed doesn't equal profit. I work, I expect to profit from it some how, that doesn't make me greedy. If a company is giving me value for what I'm paying for, profit is desirable, it encourages that business practice, equitable exchange and all that. Greed is when the company consciously takes more to the detriment of the customer, call it a rip off, or what ever you like. Predatory practices such as increasing costs and decreasing services whiole increasing profits is when greed enters the picture. I think that for the most part Disney is still giving megood value for what I'm paying for, that does not stop me from noting that inc ases like Journey into imagiantion something that seemed like a very solid attraction (from what I could discern from a Youtube video) was replaced by something inferior. The decision was the sponsors. Disney uses sponsorship in this venue as part of business model that ideally allows companies to showcase technology and products. In this case that doesn't appear to be that case. The agrumentcan eb made that customer got less than they paid for.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

The question wasn't directed at you, Veritas.

But, once again, if you don't think you're getting good value for the money, stop shelling it out. Simple as that.

The question wasn't directed at you, Veritas.

But, once again, if you don't think you're getting good value for the money, stop shelling it out. Simple as that.
    You mean all that poor typing and reasoned discourse was for nothing?

Me butting in aside, we are in complete agreement, if you don't think you're getting what you're paying look for it elswhere. Everyone will have different threshhold/tolerance where they will make that call.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

GE was the old sponser of SE.

Siemens is the current sponser.
    BTW, this was a major flub on my part.

AT&T was the old sponsor for SE. Not GE.

I think GE may have sponsored Horizons originally, but can't recall. They were the sponsor for CoP in the MK.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    You mean all that poor typing and reasoned discourse was for nothing?

Me butting in aside, we are in complete agreement, if you don't think you're getting what you're paying look for it elswhere. Everyone will have different threshhold/tolerance where they will make that call.
    Well, something else to keep in mind as well, is that while something else may be considered a downgrade, other things are considered an upgrade so, IMO, things tend to balance themselves out.

Take the two southern corners of Future World, for example. While you can rightfully say the current version of Journey is s shell of the original (though lightyears better than the one that came in between), most would argue that Test Track was a major upgrade to World Of Motion.

Value-wise, it keeps things on an even keel. Some sponsors just make better theme park related decisions than others.

Well, something else to keep in mind as well, is that while something else may be considered a downgrade, other things are considered an upgrade so, IMO, things tend to balance themselves out.

Take the two southern corners of Future World, for example. While you can rightfully say the current version of Journey is s shell of the original (though lightyears better than the one that came in between), most would argue that Test Track was a major upgrade to World Of Motion.

Value-wise, it keeps things on an even keel. Some sponsors just make better theme park related decisions than others.
    That's a good example of the two sides of the sponsorship coin. Sponsorship itself is not the problem, as you note very concisely, the success or problem lies in good or bad sponsor descison making.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

Well, to be fair, we should probably wait until Test Track re-opens before we heap too much praise on GM...

I always get nervous when major refurbs happen in Future World. Most of the time they don't turn out so well.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Gotta miss the toad!!!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

i-neighborhood Guest

I miss these:

Mickey Mouse Review - get rid of Mickey?

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Mr. Toads Wild Ride

Those Swan boats through the Magic Kingdom

Get rid of Stitch and Laugh In

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Lets see...... I miss the Skyway, the ORIGINAL Journey to Imagination, Alien Encounter......20k........ill update it as i remember more....
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast