Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; I can't choose one because I have been to WDW once and I have never been on the extinct rides....
    nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I can't choose one because I have been to WDW once and I have never been on the extinct rides.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I actually had a hard time with this. Although I am NOT a Michael Eisner fan at all, I agree with what was mentioned earlier that you can't blame him for every wrong move the company made.

There was one that wasn't on you list that I would have hit, "If You Had Wings" which was cheesy but fun Eastern Airlines sponsored ride, althoughI like the Buzz Lightyear ride there now.

I also really enjoyed Alien Encounter, much better than Stitch,

However the one I picked was not Eisner's fault either. I picked the Mickey Mouse Review. I know that it is in Tokyo, but it is not quite the same show there, and it brought such a nice moment to Fantasyland. It was a great piece of theatre and all that was classic Disney.

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    I actually had a hard time with this. Although I am NOT a Michael Eisner fan at all, I agree with what was mentioned earlier that you can't blame him for every wrong move the company made.

There was one that wasn't on you list that I would have hit, "If You Had Wings" which was cheesy but fun Eastern Airlines sponsored ride, althoughI like the Buzz Lightyear ride there now.

I also really enjoyed Alien Encounter, much better than Stitch,

However the one I picked was not Eisner's fault either. I picked the Mickey Mouse Review. I know that it is in Tokyo, but it is not quite the same show there, and it brought such a nice moment to Fantasyland. It was a great piece of theatre and all that was classic Disney.
    Welcome to DWT echoscot!

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

^Thank you

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Definately Alien Encounter I was so dissapointed when I returned to WDW last January to find Stitch had replaced it....Still a good ride but nowhere near as thrilling or intense as Alien Encounter.

Ruddy

What is Alien Encounter like?

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    What is Alien Encounter like?
    Here's a description on wikipedia:

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ride was fun and a little less "bright and pretty" than the rest of the MK but very futuristic, intense and sophisticated. And I LOVED it!

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

^^ Cosign. Alien Encounter turned one of the worst attractions in the park (Mission To Mars) into one of the most exciting...... I miss it...

Don't you guys like Stitch's Great Escape though?

^^^ Uhmmm no.

I don't hate it - and I'll probably visit it whenever I'm in the MK - but I'm always disappointed when I walk out. I miss the thrill!

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I miss Magic Journeys and If You Had Wings!

I don't remember Magic Journeys

rollecoasterfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really miss Mr. Toad's ride and 20,000 Leagues.
    What would the world be like with out WDW??

DocTerminus is offline A-Ticket holder

Biggest Blunder

It's interesting to see what everyone considers to be a blunder. I personally don't have the passionate connection to any particular attraction to consider its removal a blunder. I'd say the way Disney handled DISNEY'S AMERICA would be what I'd call a blunder... It went from a high profile theme park idea and became nothing more than a money-grubbing footnote.

You all remember that?
    Glenn
    Whatcha doin'? Hibernatin'?

Visit Passamaquoddy
    A Disney blog.
    http://www.passamaquoddy.blog.com

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast