Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 357
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by froland_04-08 Honestly......Gastons' costume at the New Fantasyland character greet is a huge mistake. It looks like a cheap halloween costume from wal mart. Yeah, Gaston M&G was ...
  1. #286
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,296

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Honestly......Gastons' costume at the New Fantasyland character greet is a huge mistake. It looks like a cheap halloween costume from wal mart.
    Yeah, Gaston M&G was a Knee-Jerk corrective move by Disney to make FLE young male friendly, same with Beast dress up time. It is a princess-land and these little token add ons for young boys isn't going to ever correct the FLE Princessland fopa.

    Worse, now there is a faction of adult men posing for pictures with young women princesses in FLE that makes my skin crawl. You can easily single out the ones with the ick factor. Poor CMs having to grin and bear it with those type of guests. Thank goodness for handlers to keep the line moving.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  2. #287
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    What is "fopa"?
    i-neighborhood likes this.

  3. #288
    tiggerguy's Avatar
    tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    amongst the loonies
    Posts
    17,403

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    What is "fopa"?
    I believe it is supposed to be, faux pas: blunder
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

  4. #289
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Oh!! *smacks head*

  5. #290
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Well, why do the young boys have to dress up or emulate a monster beast or whacky looking cartoon character. Why not a prince, Charming, Aladdin, anyways the only thing boys will remotely be interested in will be the roller coaster if at all when its done. My son tolerates that new Ariel ride only because it gets us in A/c for a while if its during the heat of the day.

    GROSS! shouldn't they put an age limit um okay that's why you wanna keep track of your kids even at WDW.

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yeah, Gaston M&G was a Knee-Jerk corrective move by Disney to make FLE young male friendly, same with Beast dress up time. It is a princess-land and these little token add ons for young boys isn't going to ever correct the FLE Princessland fopa.

    Worse, now there is a faction of adult men posing for pictures with young women princesses in FLE that makes my skin crawl. You can easily single out the ones with the ick factor. Poor CMs having to grin and bear it with those type of guests. Thank goodness for handlers to keep the line moving.

  6. #291
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Some people thing faux fur is fox fur.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    I believe it is supposed to be, faux pas: blunder

  7. #292
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Many adult men get their pictures taken with all of the characters.

    Is there an "ick" factor there as well?

    Or do we just arbitrarily assign an ick factor based on how the person looks?

  8. #293
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Perhaps Michael Jeffries, Chief Executive of Abercrombie Fitch should weigh in on this given his stances.
    His company for the cool might well be renamed Arbitrary & Coolpricious

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Many adult men get their pictures taken with all of the characters.

    Is there an "ick" factor there as well?

    Or do we just arbitrarily assign an ick factor based on how the person looks?
    Last edited by i-neighborhood; 05-17-2013 at 11:52 AM.

  9. #294
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    I'm gonna say Mr. Jeffries would be okay with the adult/character picture taking.

  10. #295
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    It's a serious question. If you don't have the capacity to answer it, that's fine.

    But many adults love getting their picture taken with every character they can. I've personally never cared for it, but know many well-adjusted adults who do.

    Should we label them based on our own uninformed opinion of them?

  11. #296
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    One of our very own posters, though I can't recall who at the moment, had several pictures taken with, IIRC, Ariel last year.

    Does that make him "icky"?

  12. #297
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    There's no need for belittling anyone for bringing some humor to the serious question while at the same time providing a legitimate comparison to certain mindsets when mentioning Abercrombie's chief executive making news for certain opinions.

    Perhaps you don't have the capacity to see or understand that correlation and perhaps that's fine too.

    To answer your question directly, yeah it might be perceived by some people as strange or maybe they think the "ick" factor is present. People are people and they're going to make snap judgements without full information, doesn't mean they're right, nor does it mean they are wrong; nor does it mean that there is something wrong with the "well adjusted" adult male getting their picture taken with a character, or a young princess in this case, but it doesn't mean there isn't something a little or a lot off with them either.





    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    It's a serious question. If you don't have the capacity to answer it, that's fine.

    But many adults love getting their picture taken with every character they can. I've personally never cared for it, but know many well-adjusted adults who do.

    Should we label them based on our own uninformed opinion of them?
    Last edited by i-neighborhood; 05-17-2013 at 01:52 PM.

  13. #298
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    If you'd like me to belittle you, I can show you what that actually looks like. Until then, enough of the martyr nonsense.

    Either way, I don't see the need to draw the parallels you've drawn. For reasons already given. I'm just hoping you're not falling down that rabbit hole of trying to find things where they don't exist. Or tying to make something bigger out of something minute.

  14. #299
    i-neighborhood Guest

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    If you'd like me to belittle you, I can show you what that actually looks like. Until then, enough of the martyr nonsense.

    Either way, I don't see the need to draw the parallels you've drawn. For reasons already given. I'm just hoping you're not falling down that rabbit hole of trying to find things where they don't exist. Or tying to make something bigger out of something minute.
    I don't think your comment is appropriate and I find it threatening and contrary to what members should expect here. I think you purposefully and intentionally attempt to incite members and make any dialogue argumentative.

    Obviously you have a problem.

  15. #300
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

    Yes, obviously.

    *roll eyes*

    I think the consistent and negative portrayals of the WDW and the entire Disney company from a select few on this board is what runs contrary to what people should expect on this board. People who come to this board do so mainly with the intention of sharing their affinity for WDW with others of a like mind. Not to see their cherished destination constant derided and run down by those who are never happy no matter what they've been given in life.

    The ignorance and arrogance displayed by these people is truly disappointing, as is their reaction when they are rebutted in harsher tones than their constitution is equipped to withstand. But, to that I say we employ the time honored saying, "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

    I thoroughly enjoy WDW, and have since I first started attending back in the 70's. It truly is "home" to me. And I will indeed react strongly when ignorant, misinformed, incorrect statements are made concerning it.

    I stand behind my statements 100%. This means I am fully prepared to accept any consequence/backlash/rebuttal they may cause. I've always though that if you couldn't make that kind of commitment, then you shouldn't make the statement.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •