Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; There's a proverb about answering fools. Originally Posted by Mo Noyz Yes, obviously. *roll eyes* I think the consistent and negative portrayals of the WDW and the entire Disney company ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

There's a proverb about answering fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yes, obviously.

*roll eyes*

I think the consistent and negative portrayals of the WDW and the entire Disney company from a select few on this board is what runs contrary to what people should expect on this board. People who come to this board do so mainly with the intention of sharing their affinity for WDW with others of a like mind. Not to see their cherished destination constant derided and run down by those who are never happy no matter what they've been given in life.

The ignorance and arrogance displayed by these people is truly disappointing, as is their reaction when they are rebutted in harsher tones than their constitution is equipped to withstand. But, to that I say we employ the time honored saying, "if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

I thoroughly enjoy WDW, and have since I first started attending back in the 70's. It truly is "home" to me. And I will indeed react strongly when ignorant, misinformed, incorrect statements are made concerning it.

I stand behind my statements 100%. This means I am fully prepared to accept any consequence/backlash/rebuttal they may cause. I've always though that if you couldn't make that kind of commitment, then you shouldn't make the statement.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

True. But I felt your post warranted a response.

i-neighborhood Guest

True. But I felt your post warranted a response.
    And your post is akin to the proverbial donkey with many names that opens its mouth.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

We have truly become a society of manufactured unhappiness. I see it everywhere these days. I'm wondering if the computer dominated and automated life has led people to this point. A customized world in real time available at the click of a button can be very addictive.

First world problems and other varieties of nonsense really dominate the general conversation these days. I hope that we can collectively come to terms with this brave new world and snap out of it, but it can be very frustrating for those who don't actively seek their own displeasure.

i-neighborhood Guest

I'm an annual pass holder and frequent Disney World. I am aware that just because it's Disney World doesn't mean it safe from the reality of people and dangers of the outside world, as has been reported in the news regarding various theme parks where children or adults have been the victims of crimes. So I definitely don't let my guard down just because I'm at Disney as you don't know what kind of sICK person is lurking around and the same goes for online websites. There are people that have some real social or mental issues and they have made the internet their stomping ground. Caveat Emptor online.

You're also surrounded by tons of security while you're in the resort. Does that mean to just be 100% careless? Of course not.

But to call them a faction is absurd because it is not a cohesive or organized group of people. And open-ended statements that one can easily pick them out is rather insulting in and of itself. Unless you can get inside the head of those individuals, you have absolutely no idea what their intent is. To claim that you do is predicated on the same mindset that feeds bigotry in general.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Smoking cigarettes?
    StewbotTalborg likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

i-neighborhood Guest

Today is officially 8 weeks since I quit.

I wish he had been around longer.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

Smoking cigarettes?
    supernova and froland_04-08 like this.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

But to call them a faction is absurd because it is not a cohesive or organized group of people. And open-ended statements that one can easily pick them out is rather insulting in and of itself. Unless you can get inside the head of those individuals, you have absolutely no idea what their intent is. To claim that you do is predicated on the same mindset that feeds bigotry in general.
    Very well said.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

One of the biggest mistakes is the one they are making now..... They are not putting enough effort into keeping things working and looking their best. I feel there are too many issues ongoing in the resorts around the globe and I feel the company can do more to restore them to the best quality they can be.
    i-neighborhood likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

i-neighborhood Guest

I know there's a list but i'm calling this one for both content and upkeep - the WED Way People Mover
    Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    One of the biggest mistakes is the one they are making now..... They are not putting enough effort into keeping things working and looking their best. I feel there are too many issues ongoing in the resorts around the globe and I feel the company can do more to restore them to the best quality they can be.
    froland_04-08 likes this.

Especially in DL Anaheim, where it no longer exists at all
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

i-neighborhood Guest

That is ashamed. But then DL does have things we don't and vice versa
    Especially in DL Anaheim, where it no longer exists at all

Yeah, Pooh took out their Country Bears.....even though they have 2 theaters for it......and Pooh took out Toad here.

i-neighborhood Guest

I can't believe it. They could take Stitch out at any time please.
    Yeah, Pooh took out their Country Bears.....even though they have 2 theaters for it......and Pooh took out Toad here.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast