Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; What is Mr.Toad's Wild Ride?...
    nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    What is Mr.Toad's Wild Ride?

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

DocTerminus is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    What is Mr.Toad's Wild Ride?

touche!
    Whatcha doin'? Hibernatin'?

Visit Passamaquoddy
    A Disney blog.
    http://www.passamaquoddy.blog.com

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    I really miss Imagination, my kids (and me) loved Figment. Fond times. No reliving memories on the newer versions. Food Rocks was great with the kids too.

Mistakes; I just vote the planning of MGM and AK. The steets are so narrow in both of those parks at points, streets can't handle the crowds well. AK, we were there in May just after the opening. Too hot, no air in buildings, stores, dining area. People leaving the park quickly. The Disney idea, no A/C in the jungle, duh, people dropping like flies. At least they went back and added A/C the next year and to new attractions. They did such a good job making the walk ways large in the MK and Epcot why did they make everything so tight in the next two parks, not exactly hurthing for land? That is my idea of a big 'ole mistake.

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I really miss the rainbow tunnel from Journey Into Imagination. & though it probably wouldn't really interest me anymore, when I was little I was fascinated by the touch-screens where you could color pictures. At least Figment is back now. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride made me cry when I was really little- til my parents pointed out that my white sneakers were glowing. I thought it was even more freakiness added on top of the ride, but at least that looked cool. ^^'

Each of these attractions here was taken out for, most of them that I know of anyway, very good reasons. I love 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea as much as the next person, & I only have 1 vague memory of it. But, I understand why. I just wish there had been a better solution. I do at least remember being psyched when I learned there was a book it was based on, & then a movie, too...

If you ask me, Walt's biggest mistake was smoking!!!
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

DocTerminus is offline A-Ticket holder
    "If you ask me, Walt's biggest mistake was smoking!!!"

Brilliant! I'm jealous I didn't come up with it!

Glenn
    Whatcha doin'? Hibernatin'?

Visit Passamaquoddy
    A Disney blog.
    http://www.passamaquoddy.blog.com

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Tee-hee

Oh & I forgot... I chose Tom-Morrow cuz I don't see any reason they had to take him out. He's all about what EPCOT's about. Tomorrow! He didn't even get another update, just a boot. & I never even got to see him for real! My brother and I loved his lil tidbit shows on the Disney Channel, & were looking forward to seeing him there when we went- but it was too late.
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

Delirium is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really miss Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I rode it a couple times in my early years and I remembered loving it every single time!

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I picked Horizons, mainly for my fondness for the attraction, and because I didn't see what I wanted to pick up there.

I would say the biggest mistake was the change over of the original Journey Into Imagination into the two attractions they made it into afterwards, including the current one. I know back in the early days and even not too distant nowadays, Epcot was always accused of not being a good park for kids. Yet, Disney manages to ***** up the one ride in the park that probably was a real draw for kids. The first replacement of the JII was beyond bad. This one is better, but its not the original.

To this day I haven't met a single person that prefers either of the two redos over the original, even my 15 year old sister who never saw the ride in person watched a viedo of it and said she preferred what was in the video over what she's seen and rode.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    I miss 20K, but I also miss the Skyway.

rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World
    This is just my opinion but I think getting rid of The Living Seas was a mistake, Just because it was replaced with the Nemo ride. I really didn't care for that at all. But then again I'm not a little kid. I'm sure there are a lot of kids who like it. LIke I said, this is just my opinion.

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollercfan View Post
    This is just my opinion but I think getting rid of The Living Seas was a mistake, Just because it was replaced with the Nemo ride. I really didn't care for that at all. But then again I'm not a little kid. I'm sure there are a lot of kids who like it. LIke I said, this is just my opinion.
    Even though Nemo does draw crowds towards Living Seas when it used to be not as lively, I just think they could have kept the Seabase Alpha theme to it while adding the Nemo ride. Don't get me wrong, I do like how they've brought back the old sea cabs, even though they're now pink clams, but because we're not having to go through the hydrolators we're losing the illusion of being on the ocean floor in a seabase rather than being in just some aquarium as it appears now.

queenofthehouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sorry StitchFan, but I really think one of the biggest mistakes Disney has made in the MK is Stitches Great Escape. Did it once = terrible.

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Even though I've never been on it, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it! What I wish Disney had done was to get rid of Snow White and build MAOWTP there, and keep Mr. Toad where it was.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think it's either not making Western River Adventure or the Roger Rabbit rides in Disney MGM Studios....

queenofthehouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyimagineer View Post
    Even though I've never been on it, I've heard nothing but good stuff about it! What I wish Disney had done was to get rid of Snow White and build MAOWTP there, and keep Mr. Toad where it was.
    Mr. Toad was where Pooh is now.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast