Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; I think 20,00 Leagues was well worth the wait in line to get to it, and like it's a small world, it was one of the attractions you always looked ...
    SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think 20,00 Leagues was well worth the wait in line to get to it, and like it's a small world, it was one of the attractions you always looked forward to going on everytime you went. I'm a little dissappointed that our children didn't get the chance to see it. It was pretty neat (even if it was difficult fitting into that tiny door!) Also, I'm really dissappointed with the change of the Tiki Room. That's another original that shouldn't have been touched. I was so excited to take my kids, and they were scared to death of the "lady with the red eyes!" What happened?!
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

queenofthehouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SlpngBeauty View Post
    I'm really dissappointed with the change of the Tiki Room. That's another original that shouldn't have been touched. I was so excited to take my kids, and they were scared to death of the "lady with the red eyes!" What happened?!
    I couldn't agree with you more about the Tiki Room. My son was only 5 when he went the first time and it was still the original. When we went back, my son was telling a little girl next to him that she didn't need to worry, it was just nice and nothing scary. We were shocked and the kids were screaming. "What Happened?" is a good question and WHY? It was fine the way it was.

disneyimagineer is offline You may notice that I'm not all here myself
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofthehouse View Post
    Mr. Toad was where Pooh is now.
    Yes, I know. What I'm saying is, back in '03, they should have built pooh where Snow White is and kept Mr. Toad where it was.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."-Walt Disney
    TTFN, Ta Ta For Now!
    Can you stand on your head?

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    I would have to pick one not on your list: the revamp on Journey Into Imagination. The first reincarnation was absolutely awful and the new one isn't much better.

It went from being a memorable, fun, can't miss attraction to a don't bother attraction.

AMEN TO THAT! I miss the old Figment!

From the list I picked the Toad, among others like the Wonders of Life Pavillion and the ride itself. I remember riding them as a kid and it hasn'tbeen the same without them! When they announced the end of Mr.Toad, my father and I joined a group entitled "Save the Toad!" and even ordered shirts.....our efforts, as you can see, were futile =(
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

jefmblrd is offline A-Ticket holder
    Although there are others on that list that I miss, I don't miss anything more than Horizons.
    Disney Vacation Club Member
    The Beach Club
    "Remember the Magic"

I was like 7 when they took out Horizons....can anyone refresh my memory on what exactly that ride was about?? ***I know, a gasp comes from the readers, sorry!***

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I don't blame Eisner... change happens... but I certainly miss all of these attactions (granted Innerspace is DL). I voted for Horizons, World of Motion, Mr. Toad and 20,000 Leagues... but I agree with a comment someone else made earlier... one obvious omission from the list is the original Imagination Pavillion. Still to this day I get choked up when I think about all that it offered and how little it has now. Such a waste of space it is.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I was like 7 when they took out Horizons....can anyone refresh my memory on what exactly that ride was about?? ***I know, a gasp comes from the readers, sorry!***
    It was kind of like a really long version of Carousel of Progress using the omnimover system. It had a state of the art "chose your ending" movie that played at the end and was just overall one of the best uses of animatronics to date! There's a good synopsis on Wikipedia if you check.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I don't blame Eisner...
    I do, and I also blame that guy who had the nerve to put 8 hot dogs in a package and then when you get the buns, there's only 6 of them, and I enjoy blaming both of these guys because I'm bored and have nothing else better to do with my time than to blame others for random things, and by the way Jenn, it's your fault I had to reply to this thread, because if I didn't, you wouldn't get a reply out of my and I know that makes no sense but it doesn't matter anyways because it's your fault, so there! What was I just ranting about now? Oh yes, It's Jenn's fault that there are no horses on the CoP. There we go, I feel sooo much better now getting that off my chest

Thanks, Bamajenn!

*My Visits*

ShawnMichaels is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't think it had any bad effects, at all. for after all, Disney would not have removed it and replaced it with something else if He/they didn't see any more potential of capturing the Children's imagination in the new ones.

if it had been really a mistake, we could have noticed at least the dismay of the common public especially among children. I'm not sure, though. But really, I think there wasn't anything bad about that or if there was any, it wasn't that bad.
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2366/...6f8776b4_o.jpg

Online Promotion Voucher Codes for Dell, HP, Snapfish, Apple UK, Toshiba UK and much more!

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    I do, and I also blame that guy who had the nerve to put 8 hot dogs in a package and then when you get the buns, there's only 6 of them, and I enjoy blaming both of these guys because I'm bored and have nothing else better to do with my time than to blame others for random things, and by the way Jenn, it's your fault I had to reply to this thread, because if I didn't, you wouldn't get a reply out of my and I know that makes no sense but it doesn't matter anyways because it's your fault, so there! What was I just ranting about now? Oh yes, It's Jenn's fault that there are no horses on the CoP. There we go, I feel sooo much better now getting that off my chest
    LOL I just saw this... you're insane pygmy, you know that right? LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMichaels
    I don't think it had any bad effects, at all. for after all, Disney would not have removed it and replaced it with something else if He/they didn't see any more potential of capturing the Children's imagination in the new ones.

if it had been really a mistake, we could have noticed at least the dismay of the common public especially among children. I'm not sure, though. But really, I think there wasn't anything bad about that or if there was any, it wasn't that bad.
    Ok I missed something... which attraction are we talking about?

I think ShawnMichaels might just be referring to the attractions removed as a whole...and hes partially right, in order to introduce new things, you have to say goodbye to some of the old favorites. However, there is something to be said for the old favorites, and no matter how great or how terrible the attraction is that replaced them, we still hold a candle to the old times and wish they were still around.

*My Visits*

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I think ShawnMichaels might just be referring to the attractions removed as a whole...and hes partially right, in ord er to introduce new things, you have to say goodbye to some of the old favorites. However, there is something to be said for the old favorites, and no matter how great or how terrible the attraction is that replaced them, we still hold a candle to the old times and wish they were still around.
    Ahh, not sure I totally agree. Imagination was a great ride, re-done horrible, re-done again, not as bad but far from the original. Expectation is the re-do's should be better. Case 'n point Haunted Mansion. Great Ride, re-do, even better. Or the very, least do no harm.

marni1971 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Just for the record; there was no sinkhole or structural issues with Horizons. The mouse wouldn`t pay for the large planned update with no sponsor, Compaq offered to fund the Space Pavilion after Delta dropped out, Space in its new form wouldn`t fit in Horizons so it was removed - again paid for by HP/Compaq.

Without Eisner Disney would have gone to the dogs. However, without Frank Wells Disney would be very different today. After Franks death Eisner had no one to second guess him or reign him in. That`s when it began to go wrong.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast