Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; WoM.... if you want 20K and Mr Toad.... you can still get your kicks in Cali... there is no alternative for WoM!!!...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    WoM....

if you want 20K and Mr Toad.... you can still get your kicks in Cali...

there is no alternative for WoM!!!

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Horizons, hands down. Although I miss 20,000 leagues a lot too.
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    While waiting for HM to start, probably due to a wheelchair guest being helped on or off, I've decided that Disney's biggest mistake wasn't in any one attraction, but in not building a way for cars to be pulled off to the side to assist guests needing help while allowing the rest of the cars to continue on. The gap where the car was pulled would be filled with a car that was pulled out of the line previously. Wouldn't that be cool? No slow down in the cue and plenty of time to help guests that need assistance. With more and more guests using wheelchairs and mobility carts, more frequent slow-downs in the cue will be inevitable.

I barely had this written when I rode TSM and found that the Imagineers did exactly that...made it possible for cars to be pulled out of the cue so guests with special needs are able to get in and out while the rest of the cue moves along. Of course this doesn't help HM. It's a shame that couldn't have been added during the last refurb. (OK, so I'm dreaming and the refurb would have taken 3x as long.)
    Last edited by mini-V; 10-07-2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: added new info
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I thought the INCLUSION of Capt. EO was bad when they added it...I didn't know he was a pedophile then but he creeped me the **** out anyways. Anyone with me on this???

mousemedic is offline A-Ticket holder
    The thing I miss the most is not a ride, but a muscial act. In fact, it was at EPCOT, and the musical group was called Future Corps. It consisted of a few of the most talented trumpet, mellophone, tuba, and trombone players in the area. Being an old marching band member, I really enjoyed the music at EPCOT during the 80's and 90's. As I was scanning youtube.com, I came across some of the old videos of Future Corps, and immediately was taken back to that special time. If you have a chance, check it out

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I consider it a huge mistake when Disney does two things with an attraction.

1. Remove an old attraction and then replace it with a sub par, less than Disney standards ride.

Imagination, Toad, Alien, etc.

It's not the subject manner. I'm not making the case that the stitch ride is worse because of the technology. They could have made a stitch ride awesome if they had wanted to. I'm saying when they change a good attraction and replace it with a corner cut piece O' poo. And I don't care who was in charge when they do it. It's a mistake.

2. When they remove an attraction and leave the dead hull in view of all of us guests.
    Last edited by Dale-not-Chip; 10-08-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: a bleeped out word that made my words look worse than What I really said.

queenofthehouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Disney made a HUGE Mistake on 9/27/08, when they closed the Adventurers Club.

19PK74 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I miss El Rio Del Tiempo! I miss how coloful it was...I miss how classic it was...and mostly I miss that song..."La lalala...lalalalalala...lalalalalala...lalalalala LA LA LA!"
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night."-Edgar Allan Poe

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Horizons for sure!!!! It was one of my top 3 favorite rides in all the parks and I miss it so much! I also think Disney could have made it great by refurbishing it and making it even more futuristic. Also, with new technology, the ending scenes where you pick your option could have been really cool too. RIP Dear Horizons :-(

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree with you Disneydame.Michael Eisner did make some mistakes with the Disney Corp. but I feel they were more with the movies,the "buying up" of other media corps.,and in general,causing the "family-oriented" Disney,to move a little further from the true family values,good morals,and clean tv shows that Walt Disney stood for.I know a new generation of people are running and working at Disney now,but they COULD hire those that would still believe in the values that Walt believed in.But! I still agree with you about the parks and the Disney property as well.He did do a lot for WDW over the ten year period of the 90's.Yes,we do have two more parks,two water parks,Downtown Disney/Marketplace,tons of great restaurants,and a vast array of resorts to pick from.My question to everyone,but mainly to myself:Would I like to see Michael Eisner back onboard at the Disney helm? If ya look at the good things,yeah,I kinda think it would work;but I also think not.
    To CP1999,
    I am a dad of two girls that loves Disney and I know probably as much about the Disney Channel tv shows as they do;I know all of the characters on them.I even used to watch Doug on tv,and I thought it was one of the better Disney cartoon shows going.We saw the Doug Live show,and I thought it was great!I was sad to see it gone the following year when we went back,hoping to see it again.No,I don't like "EVERY LITTLE DISNEY SHOW ON THE AIR",but I grew up with Disney,and it just means a lot ot me.But ya know what's so cool,is that we all have the right to voice our opinion about things,not only here on this forum,but in life.So what one person might love,the next person might not;and we all have a right to feel that way.Thanks for being honest with your opinion about Doug Live,CP1999.
    To Cinderella2,Get on it!!!!
    Ride Everest Expedition! It's great! You'll love it.It's a great ride and I have no complaints,but it's not really scary like some may think.At least not to me.
    Park Hopper Dad!

I miss some of the older attractions as well.At Mk,I miss the skylift that went from Fantasyland over to Tommorrowland.I miss 20,000 leagues,Mr Toad's Wild ride,the If you had wings ride,At Epcot,Horizons,World of Motion,Original Journey to Imag.Also,the Tapestry of Nations parade;I personally think that is the best parade Disney has ever done.I am sure that there are more,but I can't think of them right now.
    Park Hopper Dad!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I wish they wouldn't push witchcraft so much. It seems every other movie is about witches or magic. That dam* Halloweentown movie is run year 'round...even at Christmas! It seems like an ulterior motive. Actually, if you look at most of their movies it's there somewhere. Are they satanists?

KrisL418 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wonders of Life Pavillion! I'm a Bio major so I wish they would bring back this part of my favorite park.
    ~Pop Century~Sept '06~
    ~Boardwalk~Aug '07~
    ~Pop Century~Aug '08~

<3 Stitch!

College Program Wanna Be 2011

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I wish they wouldn't push witchcraft so much. It seems every other movie is about witches or magic. That dam* Halloweentown movie is run year 'round...even at Christmas! It seems like an ulterior motive. Actually, if you look at most of their movies it's there somewhere. Are they satanists?
    To Elvistelth,
    I agree with you about the witchcraft thing;it appears too much of it,in very subtle ways are incorporated into a lot of "things Disney".
    As for my next comments,I am not aiming to get a religious debate or arguement started here,but in order to reply to your statement,I must refer to the Bible for a reference as to make my point about your statement.I am a Christian man living for Jesus as best as I can,and raising my daughters in church,and I have learned a lot pertaining to God's Word.
    However,many people do not believe in the Bible and will not agree with my next comments,but let it be known right here,I AM NOT trying to start any trouble here,I am also not judging anyone;we all have our own opinions about God and religious matters,therefore,I respond to your statement only from a Biblical point of view,just to take your statement further,because I DO agree with you,about what you said:
    First,I do not believe that those in charge are Satanists,but rather,are deceived and manipulated by Satan's subtle ways.It's Satan's job to deceive mankind with any and everything that he can,in order to turn people further from God,and what better way to do it,but with things in Disney shows and movies.
    What's the most "family-oriented" intity in the public eye? The Disney Corporation.What has Disney always stood for?For good morals,good values,honesty(Pinocchio),family unity,good vs. evil,etc.Walt Disney was not a perfect man,as is no one,but what he did,was to create something that could stand as a ray of light in this darkened world,as a place of hope of a better place,and to give us a little bit of fantasy in this sin-riddened world.
    So what better way for Satan to subtlely decieve people,but through what many people look to as a family-structured company,as Disney.
    The Bible says in Exodus 22:18,Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
    The word suffer used here is used in the King's english,which is what the King James Version is written in back in 1611;which means allow.As to say,Thou shalt not "allow" a witch to live.
    Yes,this was from the old testament and a lot of things have changed since then.But I am not referring to what they did then and as to what we do now.I only used that as a reference point.What I am referring to,is as to how "we" these days,"allow" these witch/wizards,etc to live and exist through our tv shows and movies;which are controlled by those in charge at Disney.
    But as I said a moment ago,what better way for Satan to reach the public and lull them further from God, quite subtlely,but through Disney.
    I grew up watching Disney on tv,and longed for the day to go to Disneyland in Ca.I love most of everything that Disney is,because it has a special place in my heart.In general,over the board,Disney,even without Walt here,is still pretty good.It still does attempt to portray good values for kids and adults as well,and I DO NOT agree with the insertions of the witchcraft things in the shows and movies.
    Will I quit going to DisneyWorld because of a few that are deceived by Satan,trying to incorporate his evil ways into our lives? HECK NO!!!!!
    Will I quit watching the good movies and tv shows by Disney because of the subtle tactics of sorcery?NO WAY!!!!!
    I'll keep going to Disneyworld and enjoying it all the while I'm there,and I'll watch the good movies like Finding Nemo,The Robinsons,High School Musicals and so forth.Why?
    Because in comparison to some of the "junk" that's on tv and movies these days(from what I've heard,I don't watch the smut stuff),Disney is quite harmless,and we could use more things Disney in our lives.
    One Final Note:
    I know this is long,but I wanted to carry the statement a little further because I do agree with you about what you said.
    Lastly,This is only an opinion and we are all entitled to them;please if anyone gets offended by my comments,that is not my intention,because I know religion and God are topics that some have gone to wars over.
    Thank you.
    Park Hopper Dad!

TrueLiz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Horizons should've been updated, not eliminated...but after years of therapy, I'm starting to be able to deal with that! : )

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast