Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; I miss Food Rocks. I could live without Circle of Life... they could have replaced that with Food Rocks...
    DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

I miss Food Rocks. I could live without Circle of Life... they could have replaced that with Food Rocks
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

I voted for 20K but I think the really big mistake was converting WDW Tomorrowland into not much of a "promise of tomorrow" type land.
    It started with stuff like Alien Encounter which had future companies as rip off artists etc.. For me, the REAL Tomorrowland is still Space Mountain, PeopleMover and Carousel of Progress... All the other attractions just don't seem to fit in.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
    I voted for 20K but I think the really big mistake was converting WDW Tomorrowland into not much of a "promise of tomorrow" type land.
    It started with stuff like Alien Encounter which had future companies as rip off artists etc.. For me, the REAL Tomorrowland is still Space Mountain, PeopleMover and Carousel of Progress... All the other attractions just don't seem to fit in.
    I agree with all you said.SM,WEdWay PM,CoP,is what tomorrowland is all about.Although I do like Buzz Lightyear ride.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I agree with all you said.SM,WEdWay PM,CoP,is what tomorrowland is all about.Although I do like Buzz Lightyear ride.

I also like the Buzz Lightyear ride.. but as for what I feel Tomorrowland was really meant for.. I think SM,WEdWay PM,CoP really capture the spirit. Even take extinct attractions like If You Had Wings, Mission to Mars... it's all about the PROMISE OF THE FUTURE. I think that's something that is missing in Today's Tomorrowland.
    If I were an Imagineer, I would love the opportunity to reinvent Tomorrowland..

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Good points about Tomorrowland, I hadn't really given it much thought. But it does feel like it's kind of lost it's way a little bit. Doesn't mean I don't love the attractions, but there isn't that sense of showing a future that's just around the corner as much anymore. I had kind of chalked it up to me being older and more jaded.

You would think that with today's technology with images and exploration of Mars, the Hubble telescope etc. that they could come up with some kind of exploration of the future attraction.
    I still remember when Epcot Center opened and just have the twinkling lights in the pavement at night seemed cool.. small touch but big impact. Even the ability to make Dining reservations in Epcot via the video-phone seemed futuristic.. but I won't go into how Epcot has lost its futuristic perspective

wdwmike1988 is offline A-Ticket holder

As a child I remember being so into Mr. Toad's and 20,000 Leagues... I can't believe they are gone. At least I have preserved my memories of them on home video.
    "If we can dream it... We can do it."

Spring 2010 CP Graduate and current CM!

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

A lot of the Extinct WDW attractions I can't really comment on because they were already gone by my first visit there.

I did get to see The Timekeeper once, wish that was still there, and Kitchen Cabaret.

Over in Disneyland, I miss Adventure thru Inner Space, The Country Bears and Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland.
    Joe.

InPerfectClouds is offline A-Ticket holder

Body Warssss.

imakatefan is offline A-Ticket holder

I originally picked Horizons because I never got to see it, and i feel that I have missed out on one of the main epcot attractions. But, i would have chose mr. toads and alien for the same reason. i guess my generation saw the loss of a great many rides before we were old enough to experience them fully. the year i was going to ride toad and alien encounter because i would not be scared half to death, i found them both removed.
    Every time i am forced to ride pooh i think about one of the attractions that i considered a must see.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I miss the Wonders of Life and The Living Seas so badly!! I was young when i visited there but i remember so much, especially Cranium Command!! I also miss Doug live! and El Rio Del Tiempo!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by LivLuvsTink View Post
    I miss the Wonders of Life and The Living Seas so badly!! I was young when i visited there but i remember so much, especially Cranium Command!! I also miss Doug live! and El Rio Del Tiempo!
    I definitely miss the Doug live show! That was great and a great cartoon too!
    Park Hopper Dad!

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

If I had to ask for just ONE ride back - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...I know its still in Cali, but it's just not the same!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by LivLuvsTink View Post
    I miss the Wonders of Life and The Living Seas so badly!!
    There was a cute little show in The WoL pavillion called "Goofy About Health". I wish it was possible to see it again. The nemofication of the Living Seas is a downgrade, as far as I'm concerned.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I'd say... Disney's Biggest Mistake would be the new Epcot. We've lost so many great inspiring, amazing, and edutaining attractions, many of them just so epcot can use newer technology and conform to the molds of other theme parks.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast