Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake? in the I Remember... forums; Future World is indeed in a sorry state. It's not very futuristic anymore....
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: What Was Disney's BIGGEST Mistake?

Future World is indeed in a sorry state. It's not very futuristic anymore.

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Ok, I'm going to definetely say in big caps because I miss it so much, I MISS THE OLD FIGMENT RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Out of the list, I have to say I really miss Mt. Toads Wild Ride. Plus, if I were Mr. Toad, I would be mad because now the only thing they have to remeber him is a statue of him in the pet cemetary of the Haunted Mansion!! But the one thing I miss the most is Timekeepr. It was a great, funny, show. I like the Monster Inc. Laugh Floor, but I miss Timekeepr. It was a show to watch when everything else was crowded or just wanted to see it.

'Your cadaverous palour betrays an aurora of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? or is it your imagination?'

(Going by a waterfall)

'And now everyone, we are going by the famous Schweitzer falls named after the famous explorer, Dr. Falls.'

So corny, yet so funny...

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

Gosh -- there are just too many to choose just one!! I miss Horizons and the original Timekeeper. I think 20,000 Leagues needed to be desperately updated, but not completely gone. And most of all --- I MISS MR. TOAD!!!!!!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

DisneyAnonymous is offline A-Ticket holder

I picked the living seas and 20k

The Living Seas is kind of too i don't know a little overdone with the whole Nemo theme
    (I think modern animated movies are taking over too much in WDW)
    And 20K because now it's a playground think about it a playground in the middle of Disney World just unbelieveable that you can destroy an attraction that was very much loved.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

There's a really good article at Widen Your World which explains how 20K was "killed" in order to save money. It also details nearly every aspect of this classic...it's a good read. http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/20K.htm

talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

I'm on the side of those wanting Mr. Toad's Wild Ride back, but the biggest loss of an attraction recently visited was Wonders of Life - I especially miss Body Wars and Cranium Command, with the latter having the right quirkiness and comedy!
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by InPerfectClouds View Post
    Body Warssss.
    Woooooorrrrrrrddddd.
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

Blackjack Joe is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by talfonso View Post
    I'm on the side of those wanting Mr. Toad's Wild Ride back, but the biggest loss of an attraction recently visited was Wonders of Life - I especially miss Body Wars and Cranium Command, with the latter having the right quirkiness and comedy!
    I agree with the loss of Wonders of Life, especially the loss of Cranium Command.
    Joe.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Future World is indeed in a sorry state. It's not very futuristic anymore.
    this is so true my friend.I remember Epcot so well,back in the 80's and 90's when it was still called Epcot Center and the bldgs behind Spaceship Earth were Communicore.I remember the hands-on stuff in the Communicore bldg on the left side behind SE.The computer show also.There was some neat stuff in those bldgs back then.What has happened to these so-called "Disney-Imagineers"?
    I think they must be taking all of their advice from our ole crabby-patty!
    Park Hopper Dad!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

EPCOT used to be my favorite park, but with the closings and not-so-well-done refurbs, I kinda wonder if it will still rank high for me. We'll see in November.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I REALLY hated to see them get rid of Horizons. Yeah, the building had issues, but they could have rebuilt it somewhere. Also, The Adventurer's Club was a big loss for me. I didn't hang out at the bar or anything, but I loved going in there for the atmosphere and goofing around with the characters.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

The Dining Plan for sure!!! (even though it wasn't on the list)

BandontheRun is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by langway4 View Post
    The Dining Plan for sure!!! (even though it wasn't on the list)

I agree there! I HATE the dining plan.. not because it saves many families money etc.. but more that it has directly caused overbooking of restaurants so that you need to plan any sit down dinners and any spontaneity is now a thing of the past and that it has genericized menus from what used to be individual restaurant offerings.
    I asked at the Whispering Canyon why the cinnamon flake, bananna, caramel dessert thing wasn't on the menu any more and they said it was because it takes too long to make and with the dining plan, it created too much back-up... so for me, the best dessert on property is gone because of the dining plan...

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

I totally agree spontaneity is totally gone, but the biggest problem is there is no penalty at all for not showing up at your time and place. People can book several adr's at the same time and pull a no show, thus costing someone else a chance to eat. I really would love for Disney to add a penalty, like $50 or something, for not showing up much like they do for the Hoop Dee Doo review. There are minimal no-shows at Hoop-Dee-Doo cuz you have to pay ahead of time and no one wants to give away money!!!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Personally I am in agreement with everyone who believes that things change many times because they have to... Rides have been replaced, updated, and overhauled... My thoughts are on those rides that no longer exist, and nothing has ever been done to make the parks better... and one aside, I love Judi Dench as an actress, but i really miss Jeremy Irons and Walter Cronkite on Spaceship Earth... why... just why...

anyways...
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea... What really has replaced it? can someone tell me please..? Again i know that the ride needed to be updated... it did... but to tear it down, fill up the lagoon it encompassed, and add pooh's thoughtful spot in its place... what were they thinking...? and now with the rumored adding on to fantasyland becoming more of a reality... the fact that they still are not bringing anything like 20000 back is truly upsetting...

Body Wars and Cranium Command... It is not like they closed for any reason... why did they close it if they are not gonna put anything in its place...(Unless something is planned that i havent heard about yet...)

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast