Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Mickey's Birthday Party in the I Remember... forums; Does anyone remember where this "show" was? I know it was back in the Toontown Fair area, when it was called "Mickey's Birthday Land", but for the life of me ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Mickey's Birthday Party

Does anyone remember where this "show" was? I know it was back in the Toontown Fair area, when it was called "Mickey's Birthday Land", but for the life of me I can't place what building the show was in. Was it in the tent that is now used for the Mickey meet and greet?

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thats funny, Just seeing this pic brings back that show. I remember them baking a cake & having some mishaps. Cool show & pic..Thanks Bama
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yes it was in the tent now used for Mickey meet and greets. The show was actually in one tent then you exited to another with a big cake and meeting the characters for a finale. I think that after Mickey's birthday they should have just gotten rid of that whole area of the park and done something else...toon town is not my favorite addition to WDW.

Hmm that looks like fun! What was the storyline?
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    The only memories I have of that show is watching the tape my mom has of it. I've watched it several times. Storyline - Minnie is getting the Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale to help her throw a surprise birthday party for Mickey.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I was just talking about this in another forum! They piped in the arrant smell of vanilla, do you remember?! And they set our folks up for failure when they parked a little cart right outside selling cupcakes! HA! Wow, that was a while ago:o)
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was about three when this show debuted. I know I saw it, but I don't clearly remember it. If you look on YouTube there's a video of the "Mickey Birthdayland" show, however, whoever took the video mislabeled it and the show in the video is not from Birthdayland, but from the one that was there when the area changed to Mcikey's Starland.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

TurtleShakChick is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Also another show

I think this particular show was followed later on by another show, using the same stage area in the meet and greet tent. It was a Disney Afternoon/Disney Channel show with Ducktales and TaleSpin characters! Anyone remember THAT one?
    "T'weren't nuthin, ma'am. That's what us legends do."

"Mickey's Magical TV World" is the show you're talking about. It was the show when Mickey's Birthday Land became Mickey's Starland!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleShakChick View Post
    I think this particular show was followed later on by another show, using the same stage area in the meet and greet tent. It was a Disney Afternoon/Disney Channel show with Ducktales and TaleSpin characters! Anyone remember THAT one?

hahaha yes! i just remember like have Darkwing (sp?) Duck lol and liek CJ CJ CJ CJ! and have her doing aerobic dancing on the stage! That show was great! haha
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Yea, there was duck tales and also Roger Rabbit too. My son 4 yrs old was the participant one day. Received a Giant Roger Rabbit Hat and a 4' tall T-Shirt that would fit a 500# individual, mind you he weighed about 40#

Our favorite was still Mickey's Birthday Party. It is a great area for very young children that could use some more attractions in it. My guess is that the older folks are not going to enjoy it unless they have a young'n.

Shivs is offline A-Ticket holder

Mickey's Birthday Party

his party was in Duckburg ...

i can't post the link but i went to Google and searched on ("mickey's birthday party" train)

it took me to a site that showed the birthday train, listed the words to Mickey's Birthday Express, pictures of that area, etc.

remixboypa is offline A-Ticket holder
    all i remember is the theme song to the show..
    thanks to it being my little sisters favorite thing to do in disney at the time..

"Happy Birthday, its Mickey's birthday, happy happy birthday to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Shivs View Post
    his party was in Duckburg ...

i can't post the link but i went to Google and searched on ("mickey's birthday party" train)

it took me to a site that showed the birthday train, listed the words to Mickey's Birthday Express, pictures of that area, etc.
    Actually it was before it was Duckburg... the party was from when the area was called "Mickey's Birthday Land" (which was when it first opened). It was after his birthday year that they changed it.

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleShakChick View Post
    I remember this show from the early 90s. I have a couple pics of Launchpad McQuack and Gadget. When I get back from vacation, I'll dig them up and post them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast