Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss The First Time You Cried at WDW... in the I Remember... forums; As I was driving home from work today, I thought about my very first trip to WDW. I remember riding our bus from the airport to Disney, I could hardly ...
    BravesFan1036 is offline A-Ticket holder

The First Time You Cried at WDW...

As I was driving home from work today, I thought about my very first trip to WDW. I remember riding our bus from the airport to Disney, I could hardly wait. I remember driving up to the gate and I saw Mickey and the words "Walt Disney World". At that moment, I cried. It sounds silly, but I had saved my money for more than a year and was about to spend 7 days in the most magical place on earth.

When was the first time you shed a HAPPY tear at WDW?

TyKatMadismomma is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was born in Kissimmee in 78, I remember going to Disney at 6years old, And just about every year after. I have Cousins, Aunt and Uncle who are CM's, And have been for atleast 25years. I always cry when I come to Disney. I see my children having the excitement I had and I cry. It has always been in my heart and it is Magic Just today we recieved a post card from Mickey!
    Elizabeth, Momma to
    Tyler 11,
    Kaitlyn 7,
    Madison 2,
    Wife to Terry

Belle_JDR is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think the first was this last trip... for both a happy and sad tear. The last day I got to talk to my husband before he went to BCT and we didnt know when we'd talk again was when I was standing on the circles or whatever that had the inventor's names. About a week later we were still at Disney and we were walking to Philharmagic (sp). I was so happy and relieved to hear he got the ok and everything so far was wokring out that I actually broke down crying in Fantasy land lol. Everytime i saw a prince and princess after that I'd think of him and cry, but it wasn't sad it was a happy memory, even if he doesnt care for Disney lol. I know that may not seem magical but it was just something about being there and all the happily ever afters. I just felt like I was waiting for my prince to come home and for my happily ever after to begin.

lol ok now that I sound like a totally corny romantic...
    Janice
    "Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking...."
    "A dangerous pastime..."
    "I know..." -lyrics sung by Gaston and Lefou

My future: a skipper on the Jungle Cruise (or hiding from the skipper that keeps trying to get me to be on!)
    I'm the woman standing infront of you reading while the line infront of me has disappeared

Yensid78 is offline A-Ticket holder
    For me it was the first time I ever saw Wishes. I was doing fine until towards to end of the song when the children start singing, "star light, star bright" and then when the giant "willow tree" fireworks (that is what I call them because they look like willow trees) start bursting just behind the castle. It was too much, I started crying like a little kid. I was 5 years old again, it truly was a moment I will never forget.
    Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Eventually, I get choked up almost every time I'm there. The only time I have actually cried while at Disney was on the Magical Express bus going back to the airport. During the video, all of the characters start singing the real slow ending to the Mickey Mouse Club (ex... "Now it's time to say goodbye...). I was fine, until that, then I lost it. lol.

That willow tree fireworks part is a place where I almost start.
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    Okay I'm sitting here thinking about WDW and started to tear up. Going to WDW was something I had always wanted to do. I was 37 years old and 5 months pregnant with my second child. All we could afford was a long weekend. I walked into Magic Kingdom and looked down Main St. at the castle for the very first time and totally lost it. And then that night we were sitting on Main St. watching Wishes and my 5 year old was sitting in my lap and kept repeating "Oh momma" with every firework. Again lost it. I've been four times now and I still cry everytime I see the castle for the first and last time. We were last there the week after Thanksgiving 2007 and I too cried watching the video on the Magical Express bus when the characters sang the Mickey Mouse song and said goodbye. Only 666 days and I will be there again.

wdwforever is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I choke up every time in the American Adventure. When they start to play the quotes from Lance Armstrong and Martin Luther King Jr. and you see the JFK Funeral, I tear up. I also tear up in the car while leaving to go back home. It's so depressing having to leave WDW. The only thing that helps, besides turning the car around, is to plan another trip!

mickeyhoneymoon is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I always cry when I am walking throught the castle, with all the pretty pictures on the walls. The first time I was in Disney World with my mom, dad, and brother my brother made my mom cry. He was 5 at the time and we were standing in front of the castel and he look up at my mom and said he didn't believe her that it was real. So now everytime I see it I always think of my brother and remember how magical it all really is.
    JESSICA
    Oct. '93 Dixie Landings/Fort Wilderness
    Dec. '94 All Star Sports
    Oct. 98 Carribean Beach
    Aug. '08 Pop
    Sept. '10 Pop

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The first time I got a little teary eyed in WDW? It's hard to remember, but I clearly remember the first time I got teared up in DL.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I get choked up all the time at WDW but the first time I remember just actually crying... y'know more than a little water welling up in my eyes... was on the first trip to WDW with my son last year.

Things kept falling into place for us the whole trip. As we were making our way to find the perfect spot for wishes we took the little shortcut to the left in Frontierland to head toward Fantasyland. Just then we realized it was dark and there were hundreds of people standing in our way. Spectromagic was about to begin. We thought we had missed the parade already (which was why we were heading toward the castle for wishes). As we walked forward toward the massive amounts of people we realized there was just this random totally open and empty spot for one person to fit and watch the parade against the rope. We still to this day have no idea why it was open with the bunches of folks standing around but we asked the people to either side of it if someone was standing there and they said no. My husband tossed our son up onto his shoulders and stepped forward into the opening. Just then to our right, the first Spectromagic float appeared. It was like it was meant to be. As the floats went by, the moment hit me and I just lost it and started to cry. My husband turned to me and saw me crying with a huge smile on my face and just smiled back, he knew. It was just so awesome. Heck, I'm all teary just typing this. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    This might be sad but this year after Wishes I was crying and my mom said ''why are you crying?' and I said ''Because the magic is over''And I another sad part is we're not going to Disney this Year,waaaa.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The first time I cried was after a Fantastic dinner at Victoria and Albert's my girlfriend and I walked down to the wedding pavillion and in front of the gates I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. When she said yes I just lost it.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

The First Time You Cried.....

I don't remember crying as a child but I do remember crying as I got older. I always get teary eyed just walking under the Railroad Station onto Main Street. I guess its not just looking down Main St and seeing the castle but just walking onto it that just brings a tear to my eye. Also the last time that me and my husband were there in '04 we saw wishes, and I cried again towards the end. And next time we go in '09 I know I will cry again, it will be my daughters first trip ( she'll 4) and it will be the first trip that my grandma won't be around for but she'll be there in spirt watching over us.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    The first time I cried at WDW is when I recieved my first paycheck

(Well, I didn't really cry, but I wasn't really happy about it)

Ok, honestly, the first time I cried at WDW was when I was working in the Jungle and I get in my boat, and there is this kid and his mom still sitting in the boat asking if they can go again. Usually, the answer is "no, go wait in line again" but I was in a good mood that day and said sure why not? The line was short and we weren't that busy anyways so I let them stay on and they heard my spiel. After 10 minutes of below average jokes, I do my farewell spiel as everyone leaves the boat, and these two don't budge, and ask if they can go again. Now I think they're kinda pushing their luck, but during the first cruise, I saw the look on her son's eyes and his smile and reaction to some of my jokes whether he got them or not really made my day, so I let them on for one more time, and then after that, I told them they had to get off after me because I'm not sure if the next skipper who'd take over would let them on again. The second time around, I changed my spiel so they got a totally different experience, and I felt like I was spieling just for them (literally, because the rest of the people in the boat just didn't seem to care about my jokes or whatever, but I didn't let that bother me because I tuned them out and directed most of my attention to these two sitting up front, with the occasional glance at the rest of the boat every once and a while just to see if they're still alive. We get to the temple again, and I'm "looking for a brave captain to take over for me" and I pick the boy and with the help of his mom, she stood him up and he was steering the boat through the temple with a big grin on his face. After that was done, I'd given him the usual guest skipper card making him an 'official guest skipper' and then back to the unload dock again to let everyone off. But this time, she thanked me for letting them stay on for as long as they did and that he could drive the boat, and that if he wasn't disabled and capable of speaking, he would love to be doing my job because this is his favorite ride, and I've just made his day even better. After they left, it was time for my break and someone else to take over that boat and I was in the breakroom with a box of tissues because I made someone's dream come true.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Ok, honestly, the first time I cried at WDW was when I was working in the Jungle and I get in my boat, and there is this kid and his mom still sitting in the boat asking if they can go again. Usually, the answer is "no, go wait in line again" but I was in a good mood that day and said sure why not? The line was short and we weren't that busy anyways so I let them stay on and they heard my spiel. After 10 minutes of below average jokes, I do my farewell spiel as everyone leaves the boat, and these two don't budge, and ask if they can go again. Now I think they're kinda pushing their luck, but during the first cruise, I saw the look on her son's eyes and his smile and reaction to some of my jokes whether he got them or not really made my day, so I let them on for one more time, and then after that, I told them they had to get off after me because I'm not sure if the next skipper who'd take over would let them on again. The second time around, I changed my spiel so they got a totally different experience, and I felt like I was spieling just for them (literally, because the rest of the people in the boat just didn't seem to care about my jokes or whatever, but I didn't let that bother me because I tuned them out and directed most of my attention to these two sitting up front, with the occasional glance at the rest of the boat every once and a while just to see if they're still alive. We get to the temple again, and I'm "looking for a brave captain to take over for me" and I pick the boy and with the help of his mom, she stood him up and he was steering the boat through the temple with a big grin on his face. After that was done, I'd given him the usual guest skipper card making him an 'official guest skipper' and then back to the unload dock again to let everyone off. But this time, she thanked me for letting them stay on for as long as they did and that he could drive the boat, and that if he wasn't disabled and capable of speaking, he would love to be doing my job because this is his favorite ride, and I've just made his day even better. After they left, it was time for my break and someone else to take over that boat and I was in the breakroom with a box of tissues because I made someone's dream come true.
    Ok now you got ME crying! That was so awesome!! I'm guessing you had no idea of his disability until that moment. It's CMs like you that make WDW what it is!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast