Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by Stitch I'm not happy about the changes to the Backlot Tour. I used to love going down the street with the houses. Me either!! Originally Posted by ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I'm not happy about the changes to the Backlot Tour. I used to love going down the street with the houses.
    Me either!!

Quote Originally Posted by andyznuff View Post
    I remember hearing that this wand thing was attached to spaceship earth. I had not been to epcot since 1985 so when I went in 2002, I was so dissapointed when I saw it it. Well, having gone so many times since it was put up I got used to it and now I actually miss it! I can't believe I feel that way but I just felt like something was cut off from me when I saw the wand missing.
    I've only been once with the wand not being on there but I think it will be nice to see it the orignial way again.

Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    Unique Disney merchandise.

Access to the roof of The Contemporary to watch the MK fireworks.
    You can't do that now?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    You can go on the roof of The Contemporary, but only if you are a guest at The California Grille.

Even guests who are staying at The Contemporary cannot go there unless they have eaten at the restaurant on that day.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

Holly is offline A-Ticket holder
    I actually miss the wand in EPCOT.
    It was like saying, welcome home! To me.

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway.

10 thousand years, will give you such a crink in the NECK!

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It seems to me that the cast members are less free-spirited - more scripted. I remember crazy Haunted Mansion girls who would dance wildly in the street for children, the freeze and scowl when the parents turned around... greatly ad libbed jungle cruises... lots of free form interaction with guests. It seems odd also to see nothing happening on the stage in tommorowland, and restaurants sitting unused while others are overcrowded - like the one in the "hub" in the lake at Epcot... I miss all the neat stuff on Main Street that has been replaced almost totally by souvenir stores. I do miss Discovery Island - what a grand little getaway for a stroll or some beachtime amid all the colorful birds. I understand that it was considered a conflict with Animal Kingdom, but it was such a lovely and unexpected place to visit inside an amusement park, I have great memories of it. Sad to hear that it has been left to be overgrown and uncared for. At least maybe the native birds can enjoy the place.

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I don't know how many people will remember this from the early-mid-80's, but I miss Pizza in a Box! It was a personal size pizza that you could buy in the MK, and there was just a certain taste to it, it was very "Disney" to us!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you

Here's something I hate - Genie taking over Roger Rabbit's podium in Spectromagic! GAAAAHHHH!!!
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

talfonso is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    We thought of some others since my first post:

The Villains dinner at 1900 Park Faire
    Characters who roamed freely around the parks
    Popcorn in the cars at Sci-Fi Dine In
    Free Mickey straws w/kids drinks at the table service restaurants
    Kids meals in sand pails at Caribbean Beach
    The ribs at Boatwrights in POR
    The cupcake decorating station in Chef Mickey's
    The Annual Passholder Lounge in The Land in Epcot
    Resort specific postcards in the nightstand in all Disney resort rooms
    Privacy Please door hangers unique to each resort
    The Petting Zoo in ToonTown
    I agree with you on the characters part, mate! Oh, and speaking of which, don't forget the now-shelved ones like Gadget (the mouse from Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, now 20 years old), Roger Rabbit, and Maid Marian from Robin Hood!
    Last edited by talfonso; 09-20-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    Flexible Disney -
    The Blog for Walt Disney World-Crazed Disneyphiles

http://flexibledisney.com

To Date: 1991
    (PO?); 1994 (DL/PORS);1995, 1996 (x2), 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 (x2) 2005
    (x2), 2006 (x2), 2007 (x2) 2008-2009 (x7) - all offsite

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I miss Discovery Island - it was such a nice relaxing place to be when you just wanted to get away from the crowds for awhile and the birds and other animals sun to watch!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I also miss Bonfamile's at POFQ, the food was amazing!

Oh, and the Fireworks Factory, which, for those of you who don't remember, was where Paradiso 37 is now! They had the best wings and I remember going there every trip as a kid!

And one more thing...New Years Eve Party at Pleasure Island! I was only a kid but I remember playing with beach balls and hoola hoops with my grandmother and there were bubbles and everyone was just having such a good time!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I haven't read through this entire thread so not sure if this was already mentioned yet or not but I miss the individuality of WDW. Everything is so homoginized now, from the shops to the restaurants. I believe in the end this will have been a bad business decision.
    I also miss that when you bought a pinapple slice at Aloha Isle, they would cut it off the rind and serve it so it was easy to eat, now they serve it rind and all and for you to struggle with it. It's such a little thng that they could go the extra distance on but choose not to.
    Last edited by GIOny; 09-21-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

tuneboy is offline A-Ticket holder

Actually, package delivery to the WDW resorts is still available. We used it the last 2x we were there and stayed at CBR. A very nice bonus I might add. They also still state that on the WDW website - Home> Plan> Guest Services> Package Pickup.

SnowCinder82 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Yoakamone View Post
    I haven't been to Disney since 2004 but I really liked that little spot on Main Street at MK where you could go in and watch old black and white Mickey Mouse cartoons
    in the nice A/C.
    that is still there, in city hall (where tony's restaurant is)

the pin tables in Journey, after 2001, were sold, my hubby had a chance to buy one, i dont know if it was just available to cast members or everyone (i would imagine it was just cast members)

things i miss:

powered soap!
    mickey shaped butter!
    I miss when there were different shops on main street, not just the emporium, but that is slowly changing i think, or at least they have a bigger variety of park only things. I miss when things were only sold at certain places. not every thing sold everywhere, including DTD.
    the fife and drum corp at liberty square!

the days BEFORE the big freakin' hat at MGM (i'm surprised no one has said that yet)
    the days at MGM with the old backstage tour, when it was a real working studio (i refuse to call it DS)

the only thing at ecpot that miss
    Journey into imagination
    and *some* of the old living seas, i miss the hydrovaters, and the sea suit, other than that i LOVE nemo and friends
    Lovin' Disney since 1982

ginnyfavers is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'm really sick about the new audio track on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority attraction. I can't imagine what the people involved with this were thinking.

It doesn't bode well for the future of Imagineering, for them to do something so pointlessly stupid. "There's too much whimsy and fun in this ride. Let's make sure and scrub that out. Nobody will care." Idiotic!
    Amanda, Joe & Miles
    Planning my next trip way way way too far in advance...

"I met the love of my life on the Seven Seas Lagoon"

Citizen of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder

I know it's overstated all over the place, but I really miss the original Journey into imagination. We miss you dreamfinder.
    If you enjoyed this cruise my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been the world famous Jungle Cruise, if you didn't my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been Space Mountain.

Be sure to Visit me on Facebook at facebook.com/meko187

pink_minnie is offline Fastpass Holder

I know I posted some time ago about what I miss at the Walt Disney World Resort, but I've thought of others since. With that said, I miss:
    - Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage's opening number being "Be Our Guest"
    - The Original Chef Mickey's at the Disney Village Marketplace
    - The free-standing Mickey Mouse shaped butter at King Stephan's Banquet Hall
    - When Disney's Hollywood Studios was actually a "studio". (The Backlot Tour was more exciting knowing shows like Adventures in Wonderland and MMC were filmed there.)
    - Mickey's Starland (compared to Mickey's Toontown Fair)
    - The old soundtrack and narration to Spaceship Earth
    - Seeing a larger variation of charcters in the parks, especially on Main Street USA and Toontown.
    - Being able to flip the old Disney-MGM Studios map only to see one of the biggest Hidden Mickey's ever!
    - The variation of items on Disney menus. It seems as though everyone has the EXACT same options.
    - One word: Horizons.
    - When Main Street USA had that old-time feel to it
    - "Now is the time, now is the best time, now is the best time of your life!"
    - Classic Fantasyland attractions like the SkyWay, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    - Popcorn at the Sci-Fi Dine-In

... I think that's all (for now!)
    "When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably."
    - Walt Disney

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast