Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by wdw4us2 The Annual Passholder Lounge in The Land in Epcot Wait, what?! Tell me more, is this still there?...
    pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by wdw4us2 View Post
    The Annual Passholder Lounge in The Land in Epcot
    Wait, what?! Tell me more, is this still there?

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

Were the chicken strips really that bad for you that they had to bring these nuggets in to replace them???

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

This detail annoyed me during my last visit, but its not Disney's fault. Whenever I get the chance to visit WDW I select a nice snow globe. While I was shopping I noticed a very reduced selection, also the sizes were small. When I asked the CM if they had more in the back she said no because Disney has reduced its inventory due to airline security restrictions.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

That they took the appetizer off the Disney Dining Plan. Wish it was dessert or Appetizer.

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Re: Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you

I think Disney should have never changed the old Figment. I have never ridden it, I dont think any way. But never the less I heard it was one of the greatest attraction in all of Walt Disney World. The new one is okay, I just wish they kept dream finder

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I miss the old TTA audio.Also Horizon, I never got to ride but I listen to the audio all the time and it sounds so amazing.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

I honestly wish, you could still see Space Mountain's ride from the line. I think that was a cool feature, maybe they should have put a two way mirror or something?

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Lmerch44 is offline A-Ticket holder

I've been going to WDW since 1973 and I have watched a gradual downward evolution to the place. I love all things Disney, but things have changed over the years as it grows bigger and bigger. The CMs smile less, are less friendly even rude at times..everything feels rushed, cheaper, less sincere. Now you can't see a ramdom character..you have to have an appointment at a meet n greet..the buses are a nightmare, oh I hate to even say all this stuff. There is so much that's good too. But I wish the powers that be would read what we say and bring back the old Disney

karebear23 is offline A-Ticket holder

I miss the magic shop on main street .

FormerFigmentCP is offline A-Ticket holder

when i was there in dec, i saw they had taken away the fill your own taffy bag from the main street confectionary...now all they have is the prepacked boxes...which have different flavors(that are not as good)....they've also started selling prepacked cakes instead of fresh ones in the value and moderate resorts...i also miss the nestle toll house cookie sandwich they used to sell at carts in the parks....now you can only find it in resorts...is it bad that all my main complaints are about food

DandyDaddy is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by pink_minnie View Post
    Here's a short list of some of the little things I miss at Walt Disney World:
    - seeing the Chinese Theatre as soon as you entered Hollywood Studios
    - when the Magic of Disney Animation actually had animators inside working
    - making 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea a playground
    - the parrot that is now missing outside of Pirates of the Caribbean
    - the limited number of charcters you see around the parks

The peg legged parrot that you miss can be found in the World of Disney store at Down Town Disney. Go in the entrance by the skeleton at the ship's wheel, or ask a CM and they'll direct you.
    Let your hook be always cast. In the place where you least expect it will be a fish. -Ovid

Lmerch44 is offline A-Ticket holder

the main street bakery will make you a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. Fresh, yummy and the best ever!!

WDW Excited is offline A-Ticket holder

Here are some changes that I would not have made if I was running the place lol:
    - putting that daggum hat in front of The Great Movie Ride (I witnessed the disassembling of the Epcot wand, may something extremely similar happen to the hat ). It wouldn't bother me so much say if there was like a smaller version somewhere else like the Animation Courtyard, but the Great Movie Ride is such a beautiful structure and the hat being in front of it is a bit of an eyesore. In short, the hat looks alright, I'm just not happy with where they put it.
    - changing the costumes for The Great Movie Ride cast members (the suspenders and hats were awesome!)
    - changing it from MGM to Hollywood. But it will always be MGM to me .
    - making some of the tours with automated tour guide recordings, like Living with the Land and the Backlot Tour (I guess they're alright, but it's not quite the same)
    - not being able to see the animators on the animation tour (it was awesome being able to see them at work)
    - changing The Living Seas to The Seas with Nemo and Friends (don't get me wrong, I love Nemo! But there was just something really magical and even mysterious about The Living Seas. Kind of hard to explain I guess lol.) Maybe if they at least kept the name and a few former elements, 'cause the Nemo stuff is pretty cool
    - changing El Rio del Tiempo to the Gran Fiesta Tour (new version's not quite as fun or memorable. At least I have the music from El Rio! ). I think one of the things I love about World Showcase is that it's definitely Disney without being sugar-coated Disney, you know what I mean? Mexico just got a little more sugary when they changed the ride. Still fun, just not as much as before.
    - and Spaceship Earth. Again, still a great ride, but I liked the original version better.

There may be more, but these are some of the big ones for me that I've observed over the years. Don't worry, they're not anything that will keep me away lol. I still absolutely love Disney World, so it's all good lol.
    Last edited by WDW Excited; 02-23-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Epcot_Don is offline D-Ticket Holder

I wish they would change the Kona Cafe back to the Coral Isle Cafe and Samoa Snacks back to the Grog Hut!! And I miss Minnie's Menehune Breakfast!!
    "America, keep on flying now. Keep your spirit free. Facing new frontiers."

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Unfortunately the Sorcerer hat is a keeper... and not because i like it... but because as it was described to me Disney was sued by the Grauman family for using the likeness of the building as a park icon in the mid 90's... that is also kind of why they do not do hands in cement anymore....

here is a list of things that have changed that have gotten me over the years....

- Changing the TTA audio...
    - The new management tiki room
    - Losing residential street... i love lights! motors action! but the backlot tour and the osborne lights havent been the same since
    - The new Spaceship Earth audio... why... just why...?
    - The leave a legacy... i left one... but now i ask why...? that setup really kills the entrance to Epcot

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast