Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you in the I Remember... forums; In Lou's recent Podcast (#51) he read a letter from someone who didn't like Spectromagic anymore because they changed the Spectromen's faces. They were his favorite part of the parade. ...
    FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh

Vent about a changed Disney detail that annoys you

In Lou's recent Podcast (#51) he read a letter from someone who didn't like Spectromagic anymore because they changed the Spectromen's faces. They were his favorite part of the parade.

Now I have to admit, I chuckled a little because when I think of Spectromagic I think of Chip 'N' Dale on the piano with Genie conducting and the volcano that transforms into Chernabog. But then I realized that Disney is packed to the gills with little touches and we all have something we would miss if it was changed or removed. Something you think nobody else even cares about.

I offer up this thread for all of you to point out that one tiny detail that you would hate to see changed. Or some small change that you really don't like. Maybe it's the addition of Capt. Jack to Pirates of the Caribbean. Or perhaps the removal of the hydrolators at The Living Seas. (Talking to you, Jeff Pepper.)

As for me, I'm out here at Disneyland and my favorite part of Big Thunder Mountain was a goat chewing on a stick of dynamite at the top of the 2nd hill. They removed it a couple of months ago (still don't know why), and now it doesn't matter so much if I ride it. I miss my goat.

So what's yours?
    Last edited by FigmentMushu; 01-31-2008 at 07:00 PM.
    Dreams Never Die!

TyKatMadismomma is offline A-Ticket holder
    Why did they have to change the Tommorrowland Terrace? They had the best salad and bread stick combo! Now it is this Noodle Station which I have yet to see open, in my past 3 visits. Sorry it irrks me I always looked foward to that salad and dressing.
    Elizabeth, Momma to
    Tyler 11,
    Kaitlyn 7,
    Madison 2,
    Wife to Terry

GrowingUpDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I miss the sky cars...I remember riding them when I was very young - and being scared to death! But the sight of them is just - well, Disney to me!

DH Robert: Me Bobbi Jo: DS Joey (5): DS Bobby (5):

randyzip is offline A-Ticket holder
    These are really a little larger than just details but

The changing of the Frontierland Shooting Gallery from guns that shot lead pellets at the tin targets to a generic light activated shooting gallery
    The removal of the Magic Shop
    The removal of all the old time penny machines in the Main Street Arcade
    Visit my new blog WDW Buttons and More

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I'm not happy about the changes to the Backlot Tour. I used to love going down the street with the houses.

andyznuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember hearing that this wand thing was attached to spaceship earth. I had not been to epcot since 1985 so when I went in 2002, I was so dissapointed when I saw it it. Well, having gone so many times since it was put up I got used to it and now I actually miss it! I can't believe I feel that way but I just felt like something was cut off from me when I saw the wand missing.

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    Quote Originally Posted by andyznuff View Post
    I remember hearing that this wand thing was attached to spaceship earth. I had not been to epcot since 1985 so when I went in 2002, I was so dissapointed when I saw it it. Well, having gone so many times since it was put up I got used to it and now I actually miss it! I can't believe I feel that way but I just felt like something was cut off from me when I saw the wand missing.
    The wand is a good one. People who remember EPCOT from the beginning had a reason to be disappointed every day the wand was up. However, some people (like Brian at All About The Mouse) only know EPCOT with the wand so it looks strange to them Now.

I'm still waiting to hear from the person who will be very upset if they remove Iago from the Tiki Birds or who thinks the Chili Dog is the best part of Stitch's Great Escape. I guarantee you there's someone out there.
    Dreams Never Die!

bowlingman7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Magic Shop & Penny Arcade as mentioned above. Really really miss both. I remember watching those little flip movies in the arcade. Great!
    If we can dream it, we can do it!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I'm not happy about the changes to the Backlot Tour. I used to love going down the street with the houses.
    Me too! They rendered it to a waste of time. It was a favorite of mine before at MGM.

cute_seven101 is offline A-Ticket holder
    They removed the chili dog! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! that was the best part!!!!!!!!
    It also irrritates me is when the took away River Country!!! Alll it needed was a refurb!!!!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I miss the houses on Backlot as well
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    A lot of the classic attractions at Epcot.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I miss the skyway.... I remember being in awe when I rode them my first trip. I also miss the old Backlot Tour.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    How about that backlot tour, can't even call it a tour. It was closed for rehab, then we were late over the summer, so for our Thanksgiving trip, it was on the Must Do List. How disappointing was that. If it wasn't for the cannon it would have been like the bus trip to the MK from POR, a place to sit.

And I cannot wrap my brain around anyone missing the Wand. Wow. We went for the Holiday's that year it went up, it was horribly crowded for the Millenium. The wand was just a reminder of that awful, overly crowded time of New Years 2000. At least some enjoyed it.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-15-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Yoakamone is offline A-Ticket holder
    I haven't been to Disney since 2004 but I really liked that little spot on Main Street at MK where you could go in and watch old black and white Mickey Mouse cartoons
    in the nice A/C. On my last visit they changed it and stopped showing them. Did they ever bring that back?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast