Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What attraction would you bring back???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one attraction... in the I Remember... forums; When I clicked on the video file, I got a pop-up that said K-inky S-ex I stopped it right away and ran a virus check, but it could be a ...
    akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

Did anyone try it

When I clicked on the video file, I got a pop-up that said K-inky S-ex I stopped it right away and ran a virus check, but it could be a (really bad) joke. Is it a safe file?
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    :mickey: I really don't like the new tiki room,really miss 20k ,and i really love rockin roller coaster .Did they make changes to the haunted mansion at wdw?i don't remember.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I have to say that the Extinct Attractions Club's Horizons tribute video is outstanding if you really love the attraction!!

Check out a preview of it here: http://www.extinct-attractions-club....uct_detail&p=5
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Sorry I missed the reply. When Germany opened they were looking for a sponsor to fund a boat ride down the three rivers of Germany, They could not get funding so the ride was never finished. I read somewhere that the area is used for storage now.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

I am in the process of ordering a copy Lou. I do have a problem though. I want to order all of the dvd's. and I cannot afford them.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Sorry for three posts in a row but I checked the link and it did bring me to intercot. It sounds like your computer may have some Ad-ware on which cause that pop up. I suggest ad-aware by Lavasoft and also Spybot Search and Destroy by Safer networking LTD, they work well together to clean up the adware and spyware.

Jacks Sally is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love the new tiki room mostly because I have a strange
    fascination for Gilbert Gottfried

Iago rules!!!

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is the lost Attraction I miss the most
    *I'm just a Ragdoll Waiting for my Pumpkin King*

Yummy !!!!!

Who's the leader of the club
    That's made for you and me?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Gilbert Gottfried is pretty awesome

If we can dream it, we can do it

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Actually, it'd be the original Journey Into Imagination, but that wasn't a choice.

Remember Dreamfinder!

iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder

Unhappy

Omg! I cant believe no one said my favorite thing in the world...Delta Dreamflight??? It was replaced by Buzz Lightyear? That was my favorite ride as a kid...I miss that ride so much. Buzz of coarse is great..but dreamflight was like...awesome. idk..oh my goodness... http://www.geoffreynease.com/download.php?view.58

Also, I very much miss the old Journey into Imagination...Figment was the BEST...and the ride was soo much better...and the new one...well..its..well...I'm sure you can think up some things to say about it.

Please tell me someone else liked dreamflight!
    Last edited by iwantobeaCM; 09-07-2005 at 07:54 PM. Reason: bad grammer bothers me

vowell1055 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantobeaCM
    Also, I very much miss the old Journey into Imagination...Figment was the BEST...and the ride was soo much better...and the new one...well..its..well...I'm sure you can think up some things to say about it.
    Unimaginative?

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Omg! I cant believe no one said my favorite thing in the world...Delta Dreamflight??? It was replaced by Buzz Lightyear? That was my favorite ride as a kid...I miss that ride so much. Buzz of coarse is great..but dreamflight was like...awesome. idk..oh my goodness... http://www.geoffreynease.com/download.php?view.58
    Please tell me someone else liked dreamflight!
    I remember DF fondly b/c I used to ride it over and over and over while my family rode Space Mtn. and I was too scared! There was almost NO line for DF. I'm sure the CMs thought I must have loved that ride to death or something. I would have that dorky song in my head all day! Now I am stuck having to either ride SM and be scared or ride the bench b/c the line for Buzz is always so long (and I never win that stupid game! My scores are embarrassing!)

Quote Originally Posted by IwanttobeaCM
    Ummmm.....crappy! I won't even get started on THAT subject since I have ranted on several threads about that! I love the old one, I don't even know what they were thinking with this new junk! I won't even ride it anymore! And the old part after the ride....imageworks I think it was called? SOOOO much better before. Now you can just take pictures and email them to yourself? Big deal! Almost everyone has digital cameras or phone cams now, so who cares? I miss the big things with the pins that you could put your hands under and see the shape of it above (I know you can buy small versions of those things but it's not as cool!)

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Omg! I cant believe no one said my favorite thing in the world...Delta Dreamflight??? It was replaced by Buzz Lightyear? That was my favorite ride as a kid...I miss that ride so much.
    Actually If You Had Wings was the original attraction, and was changed to Dreamflight when Delta took over as sponsor. (I think maybe Eastern Airlines was the sponsor for IYHW???) So, in a way, Delta Dreamflight is in the poll... Yes, I miss it too!
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwbelle
    Actually If You Had Wings was the original attraction, and was changed to Dreamflight when Delta took over as sponsor. (I think maybe Eastern Airlines was the sponsor for IYHW???) So, in a way, Delta Dreamflight is in the poll... Yes, I miss it too!
    I vaguely remember the ride changing sponsors and names...but did the actual ride itself change at all?

~Selena

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    The history of that space in tomorrowland goes like this...

If You Had Wings - 1972 to 1987
    If You Could Fly - 1987 to 1989
    Dreamflight - 1989 to 1996
    Take Flight - 1996 to1998
    Buzz Lightyear's SRS - 1998 to present

The attraction began it's life as If You Had Wings on June 5, 1972. It was often described as weak or second rate compared to many of the more imaginative attractions at WDW.

I found this on one of my favorite sites for WDW extinct attractions...

In June 1987, the last guests rode through If You Had Wings. Eastern had withdrawn its sponsorship of the ride and this called for several changes. Later that same month the attraction was renovated and reopened as If You Could Fly, an "alternate" version of its former self. The ride was physically much the same, but the old music and all references to Eastern were of course gone. It lacked the magnetism of the original and invited too many disappointing comparisons.

January 1989 saw the last visitors to If You Could Fly. In the weeks to follow, almost everything visually inherent to If You Had Wings and its successor was destroyed piece by piece and removed from the building's interior as trash. By the time Dreamflight (sponsored by Delta Airlines) opened there in June 1989, If You Had Wings was a memory with another attraction built around its track.

So even though it had the same ride track the attractrion props had been changed as well as the music and sponsorship.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 09-08-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast