Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What attraction would you bring back???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one attraction... in the I Remember... forums; I can't BELIEVE I haven't read this yet....even though I didn't read the entire thread and just skimmed it but I still should have seen at least one person say ...
    miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

Journey Into Imagination

I can't BELIEVE I haven't read this yet....even though I didn't read the entire thread and just skimmed it but I still should have seen at least one person say it:

JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
    JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
    JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
    JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION
    JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION

Why in the name of all that is good and holy did Disney take the old ride, which was totally awesome, The Dreamfinder, and audioanimatronic Figment and replace it with this boring **** with some stuffy British guy and Figment on video? And at least they brought the song back but why did they have to change the lyrics?! For those that are too young to remember the old one, the new one is not bad, but holy heck: the only time I have been sadder/more PO'ed than when they closed it, was when it finally reopened and all they did was take away everything good and make it ****. And does anyone remember how ImageWorks used to be? What's with that now? You can email pictures to people? Get a digital camera!!!!! Okay my rant is over. I'm sorry. I miss Mr. Toad too, but at least they replaced it with something as cute as the Pooh ride. And I miss 20,000 leagues, and I haven't seen Stitch yet but it better darn well be awesome because I loved Alien Encounter!
    P.S. The rest of my posts will be nice I promise I'm just still very upset over Journey, even years later.

edit: Oh, does anyone remember the penny arcade on main street? I used to love those old nickelodeons (I think they are called) for like a nickel where you turn the crank and the photos flip, you look into a viewfinder and see old movies and cartoons and stuff....great because as a child all I had were nickels! I guess Disney figured it was more lucrative to make money selling those vintage machines than to make pennies (and nickels) from people playing with them. Like they don't have enough money.....sigh
    Last edited by miakoda; 05-23-2005 at 03:29 AM. Reason: forgot something!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Well said, miakoda. I agree about JII. I loved the song, Dreamfinder, etc. What they have now, while better than the original replacement, still stinks in my (oh so humble) opinion

OK... maybe stinks is too harsh a word
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

stinks

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Well said, miakoda. I agree about JII. I loved the song, Dreamfinder, etc. What they have now, while better than the original replacement, still stinks in my (oh so humble) opinion

OK... maybe stinks is too harsh a word
    "Stinks" is not too harsh. The correct wording for my rant would get me kicked off the forum!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I too agree!! the Dreamfinder was one of my FAVORTIE characters when I was younger. I liked it a lot better for character meets when Figment was a SMALL handheld puppet and controlled by the Dreamfinder. It is a little disturbing to see the GIANT PURPLE STUFFED BARNEY looking thing roaming Epcot!!!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My husband's favorite was Figament and I liked Dreamfinder (Dean Finder is so weak). Anyway, we have a stuffed animal that we got on our honeymoon that our kids still fight over. I wish they would bring the original back also.

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I too agree!! the Dreamfinder was one of my FAVORTIE characters when I was younger. I liked it a lot better for character meets when Figment was a SMALL handheld puppet and controlled by the Dreamfinder. It is a little disturbing to see the GIANT PURPLE STUFFED BARNEY looking thing roaming Epcot!!!
    Wow! I was so young back then I barely remember the Dreamfinder with the Figment puppet. Sounds cool. The pic of me with Figment was taken while my family rode something I didn't want to go on, and I got tired of just sitting watching people walk by. I saw Figment walk out of his 'house' with no kids around to attack him so I went up and a cast member and friendly guest took pictures of me with him. As if I didn't feel silly enough being a 26 year old woman with pooh ears getting a character picture by herself, I felt even more embarassed when Figment held my hand and tried to walk away with me, leaving several kids looking disappointed! LoL! (of course he didn't come with me and went back to the kids, and although it was embarassing I loved it!)

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Bring back Mr. Toad!

Definitely Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It was one of my favorite rides from the first time I ever visited WDW. I was so sad when I found out it was gone and even more devastated when I went back to WDW and had to witness Pooh in his place. I miss you Toady!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I grew up driving them there cars..

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    Wow! I was so young back then I barely remember the Dreamfinder with the Figment puppet. Sounds cool. The pic of me with Figment was taken while my family rode something I didn't want to go on, and I got tired of just sitting watching people walk by. I saw Figment walk out of his 'house' with no kids around to attack him so I went up and a cast member and friendly guest took pictures of me with him. As if I didn't feel silly enough being a 26 year old woman with pooh ears getting a character picture by herself, I felt even more embarassed when Figment held my hand and tried to walk away with me, leaving several kids looking disappointed! LoL! (of course he didn't come with me and went back to the kids, and although it was embarassing I loved it!)

This was during my 1st and 2nd trips.. I was 4 and 6.... I have the pictures somewhere.....If I can only find them???

rvastro is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Mr.Toad. I miss that ride.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Have you read my article about Mr. Toad here?: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=107

Darn I miss that little green guy, too. Kermit is just no substitute
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by rvastro
    what's to miss. The Toad is still at disneyland

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by rvastro
    I know! It's heartbreaking to think he's not around anymore.
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Have you read my article about Mr. Toad here?: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/art...er.php?aid=107

Darn I miss that little green guy, too. Kermit is just no substitute
    I just did and I thank you for writing it. It's so sad to not be able to see Mr. Toad when I got back to WDW. Maybe one of these days I'll get to the west coast to see him in Disneyland. . .
    ~Bobby Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    what's to miss. The Toad is still at disneyland
    Yes, I know. Being on the east coast, however, keeps me a good distance away from Disneyland. One of these days I'll make it over there though and I will be very happy to hop into a motor car and ride along with my old pals.
    ~Bobby Jack

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast