Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What attraction would you bring back???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one attraction... in the I Remember... forums; Mr. Toad.....wahhhh.. I think I actually cried when I went and found out it was gone (I had not heard they were closing it.) yep, I cried. I was 20 ...
    miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Mr. Toad.....wahhhh.. I think I actually cried when I went and found out it was gone (I had not heard they were closing it.) yep, I cried. I was 20 years old and I cried b/c Mr. Toad was gone!

I don't think any of my friends or family will want to travel 3000 miles with me because I want to ride Mr. Toad again....altough I would!
    Selena

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I agree, I loved Mr. Toad's so much and I was sorry to see it go. It's definitely one of my top missed attractions.

However, I was always a Horizon die-hard, and I still am. I would love to have this ride back; it was just my favorite, and I always had to ride a bunch of times. The vision of the future in it was so awesome, and I'm sure everyone remembers the orange smell when you get to the farming scene.

While I'm disappointed that Horizons is gone forever, Mission: Space is a great replacement for it, and I'm glad they kept the futuristic, science fiction theme alive on the same location.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...

Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by Benjo
    However, I was always a Horizon die-hard, and I still am. I would love to have this ride back; it was just my favorite, and I always had to ride a bunch of times. The vision of the future in it was so awesome, and I'm sure everyone remembers the orange smell when you get to the farming scene.
    Horizons . . . I remember that ride, including the orange smell at the farming scene. It was nice to sit back and travel into the furture Disney style, checking out their vision for what was to come. Why is it that the good ol' rides have to be replaced? Gotta make way for new and improved attractions I suppose, and what keeps the people coming back for more.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81
    Horizons . . . I remember that ride, including the orange smell at the farming scene. It was nice to sit back and travel into the furture Disney style, checking out their vision for what was to come. Why is it that the good ol' rides have to be replaced? Gotta make way for new and improved attractions I suppose, and what keeps the people coming back for more.
    Yeah, it's definitely sad that Horizons is gone forever, but I have so many good memories of the ride that I'll keep with me forever.

My dream is that Disney will eventually come out with some official DVDs discussing and remembering these extinct rides so they'll never be forgotten.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    benjo, there is a website that has dvd's with extinct attractions...i don't know the link but other members here know it...so i'm sure after reading this someone will post it...but that is a good idea about official ones...if you check out the media on this website you can find some clips...check out www.intercot.com for some clips
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Are you meaning the Extinct Attractions Club?

Their DVDs, expecially their latest ones, are a total must-have for any Disney park fan. I've just sent them some pieces of media for a 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea edition they're working on right now. Apparently they're going to try and interview Pete Reneday, who voiced Nemo, and the Disney legend Bob Gurr who oversaw the construction of the Nautilus subs at the Tampa Shipyard at the very start of the seventies. Should be a great watch for 20K fans.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    You missed Journey Into Imagination when it was cool!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I never, ever went on that. Was it any good?

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I never, ever went on that. Was it any good?
    Yeah, the original Journey Into Imagination rocked the house (pardon the lame expression)!

You can check out almost the entire ride video in the downloads section of the site here, but the video doesn't really do the ride justice. There was just something magical about it that the new version lacks. Perhaps it was the infectious song, "One Little Spark," which is back in the newest version. My personal favorite part was the very beginning, where we first meet Dreamfinder and Figment. That first part was just so fantastically Disney.

I think one of the greatest features of the original ride was its ability to bring entirely new characters into the mix, and have them become famous. I can't think of too many WDW attractions where they introduced new properties that have become as popular as Dreamfinder and Figment.

I think what people really loved about the original ride is how whimsical and odd it was. It was just a crazy dark ride with a lot of different, creative scenes. Most importantly, I think it was one of the few rides at Epcot that kids could really get into. I remember being 7 or 8 years old and making my mother go on the ride with me 5 times in a row. I just loved it, and I was sad to see it go.
    Last edited by Benjo; 06-09-2005 at 10:50 PM.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i agree! my brother and i would always say the dreamfinders speech in the beginning along with him...it was different and you always caught something new each ride.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

gwenn326 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I also liked the ride 20,000 leagues under the sea.

disneygirl417 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenn326
    I also liked the ride 20,000 leagues under the sea.
    You know- I never got to ride it. Neither did my parents. Was it really cool?
    disneygirl417

"I only hope that we never loose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

HM Fans ROCK

disneygirl417 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I voted for the Alien Encounter, though. Sadly, I don't remeber Mr. Toad's, as the last time I rode it was in '98. But I loved Alien Encounter. Seriously. The new Stitch ride is okay... but not as good, imho.
    disneygirl417

"I only hope that we never loose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

HM Fans ROCK

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl417
    I got to ride it the first time when I was 6 and that was 1977 and back then it was so cool. When I got the chance to go back when I was older it was gone. This plus Mister Toad was also a great ride.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl417
    The old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride was pretty fun because of a great ride idea. Travelling around in a submarine to see underwater life was pretty great, eventhough the underwater mechanics and scenery were a little cheesy by today's standards.

I remember really enjoying the ride as a kid, but only being able to go on it a few times in my life because it always had such long lines. While what you saw in the lagoon could have been done better, the actual subs were very cool, if I remember correctly. You entered into them and were totally enclosed inside the sub, and it gave you a real sense of being immersed in the whole experience.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast