Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What attraction would you bring back???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss If you could bring back one attraction... in the I Remember... forums; Originally Posted by disneygirl417 You know- I never got to ride it. Neither did my parents. Was it really cool? Yes. Yes it was. Benjo has pretty much summed it ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl417
    You know- I never got to ride it. Neither did my parents. Was it really cool?
    Yes. Yes it was.
    Benjo has pretty much summed it up as I would, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the underwater sets were cheesy. The fish were, but the ride really proved how well forced-projection can be used in small spaces.
    I really wished that Disney had committed itself to keeping 20K open. The decision to close it came at a time when underwater technology was undergoing staggering improvments and enhancements, and the attraction should have been rehabbed to take advantage of the new technology on offer.

The location is also probably one of the best in the Magic Kingdom. C'mon - A tropical lagoon, flanked by black volcanic rock, with an equatorial jungle and a cavern formation with waterfalls. Its a scenic designer's dream, and what'd not to like about it?
    Last edited by 20K; 06-14-2005 at 02:58 PM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

sillygirl399 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I did love Mr. Toad, Captain EO was cool, and the Skyway was pretty, relaxing, and convenient. BUT my vote is for HORIZONS!

I remember when I was little Horizons was my absolute FAVORITE ride! I would make my parents ride it over and over, and I would get to pick a different ending each time (but I liked Land the best!).

The first time I was there and it was gone was my only disappointing experience at WDW.

I still miss it!

P.S. I can't believe Alien Encounter is gone! That still seems new to me. I only got to ride it a couple times, and it was truly terrorizing!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Alien Encounter. . . . I hate the new stitch makeover!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

dancer12 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My vote went to Mr. Toad's wild ride... it's still one of my favorites. The last time I rode it I was seven or so and sadly my brother was too little to remember. The last two times we've been it's be gone of course but if it were still there I know my brother and I would have a wonderful time with those weasels

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    I have yet to see the new "Alien Encounter", and I was a little excited cuz I like Stich but a little ****** b/c I loved the old one....still scared me every time! Now I'm going to go in there thinking it will **** like everyone says (I even saw a short video, I think from this site and it looked stupid). So maybe it wont be so bad for me since my expectations have been lowered....I'm just glad they did't get rid of Skippy but S.I.R. will be sorely missed!
    ~Selena

Rooster is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is easy, 20,000 Leagues hands down.

If you Had Wings would be my second choice.
    " I've got a whale of a tale to tell you lads"

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Im only 15 so i barely remember any of these attractions. I picked Horizons because I remember I loved to pick my ending
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    my top ten most wanted (with One being the most wanted):

10. the original Tiki Room
    09. Captain EO (creepy!)
    08. Skyway
    07. Alien Encounter
    06. 20,000 Leagues
    05. If You Had Wings
    04. Food Rocks! (an animatronic show at Epcot)
    03. Mr Toad
    02. original Journey Into Imagination
    01. Horizons

I voted for all of them. Disney has enough land, they could expand the park if they want new rides.

If we can dream it, we can do it

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Horizons, the whole glimpse of the future, The orange smell and the fact that it did not make me ill like its replacement.

after that, World of motion, 20,000 leagues, and make them finish the Boat ride in the German pavillion.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by byoung1521
    make them finish the Boat ride in the German pavillion.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Give the Captain a new Florida home!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

bostonmickey is offline A-Ticket holder
    You have to go with HORIZONS!!!! The smell of the oranges alone are enough to make this a no brainer. I remember how there was never a line and you could just ride it over and over without waiting. It's rides like that which make Disney the magical place it is.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by bostonmickey
    You have to go with HORIZONS!!!! The smell of the oranges alone are enough to make this a no brainer. I remember how there was never a line and you could just ride it over and over without waiting. It's rides like that which make Disney the magical place it is.
    I know that Horizons was my 2nd favorite Epcot ride as a kid (after J.I.Imagination of course) and I always wanted to ride it....but the only thing I remember about it is picking your "adventure" at the end of the ride (I was young and I have a bad long term memory). does anyone know if there is footage you can download of the whole ride and not just the end?
    ~Selena

byoung1521 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I cannot find my copy that I downloaded but this morning I found this link. It has a real media recording of the ride. I hope I dont break a rule by posting it but I really miss this ride.

http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/e...ns/default.asp
    Last edited by byoung1521; 08-20-2005 at 09:10 AM.
    "You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Awesome, I'll check it out now. thank you! (I don't think you are breaking any rules!!!)
    ~Selena

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast