Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Magic Journeys in the I Remember... forums; Does anyone have a video capture of the old Magic Journeys film?...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Magic Journeys

Does anyone have a video capture of the old Magic Journeys film?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I'll look, I may have some of it on VHS somewhere.. Better than nothing, I suppose.

I absolutely love the song "Magic Journeys" - so glad I found it in an old WDW songbook; so fun to play...

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Magic Journeys is my favorite song from an attraction I never got the chance to experience.

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i never heard of this. was it a ride or a show and where was it?

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    Quote Originally Posted by judycats
    i never heard of this. was it a ride or a show and where was it?
    Hi Judy,
    Sorry to be so slow in reply to this. Here is the Description from disney A to Z (2nd ed.) 3D impreseeiionistic view of a childs's imagination, for Journey into imagination (note- I would have said the Imagination pavillion, to distinguish it from the ride of the same name -- Brian), Epcot; opened on October 1, 1982. Moved to the Fantasyland theatre in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World from December 15, 1987, until december 1, 1993. Presentek by Kodak. also shown at Disneyland from 1984 to 1986 (note from Brian again-- presumably in the Magic Eye theatre in Tomorroland where Captain Eo later played) and in Tokyo Disneyland from 1985 to 1987.(note from Brian again-- presumably in the theatre in Tomorroland where Captain Eo later played there as well which I believe was also named the Magic Eye theatre). Ok now I hve not experienced this attraction, which is part of the reason I waited to reply, I hoped that someone who had experienced it would reply. I am not sure even how long it was. I first became familliar with it because I was at my local public library and decided to glance through the rack of cassete tapes they had and saw a tape labeled the Official Album of Disneyland Disneyworld, and Epcot Center. At that time it had been about ten years since I had been in a Disney theme park, Disneyland had been the only park I had been to and the last time I had been there had been 1981. Still I had always maintained my intrest in Disney parks and hoped someday to get to WDW. I checked out the tape and listened to it over and over and copied it before returning it, later I picked up a copy of the tape, at a local Disney store I believe (don't you wish they still carried unique items like this at Disney stores!!!, maybe they wouldn't be having as deep troubles tas they have had the past few years if they did )
    This album was a great introduction to Walt Disney World, the musis to Magic Journeys has a relaxed, dreamy feeling to it, as much due to the lyrics as the music, which was great as well.
    Here are some lyrics I found on the intercot web site:
    http://www.intercot.com/edc/Imagination/mj.html
    Magic Journeys
    Magic Journeys

Just an ordinary day
    All at once you're on your way
    To a place that cannot be
    No one knows what turns the key

You have found a thousand eyes
    Whirling images arise
    For a moment they are clear
    In a flash they disappear
    In flash they disappear!

Magic Journeys
    Mystic flights
    On the wings of unexpected sounds and sights
    Magic Journeys
    Are they real?
    Do they mirror what we think or sense or feel?
    Neither dreaming, nor pretending
    No beginning, and no ending

You are splashing in the stream
    Of an un-remembered dream
    You are searching through the eye
    Of a seeker in the sky

Magic Journeys
    Magic Journeys

You are riding on the winds
    Where the universe begins
    Through the atoms that repose
    In the heartbeat of a rose

Magic Journeys
    Mystic flights
    On the wings of unexpected sounds and sights
    How we travel
    Why we go
    Is a secret we will never, never know
    Neither dreaming, nor pretending
    No beginning, and no ending

No beginning, and no ending........
    [Fade]

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Love the song... anyone know where I can get the video?

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I don't have it I wish I did.... Well, one more place to look, but doubtful.

4_4disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I must start by saying...I have no idea what I'm doing?! I've never "posted" a comment in a forum, and I'm not even sure how any of this works! My plan is to learn as I go!

I will say that I'm a huge fan of the World and all things Disney. My brother does have a video of parts of "Magic Journeys". Mainly to hear the wonderful song, as the visual quality is a bit shakey due to the 3-D effect. I LOVE that song. I miss the movie. I find attraction removals in Disney to be very heartbreaking. (except for Goosebumps - Yuk!)

I find myself humming the melody of "Magic Journeys" often, as well as the theme song from "If You Had Wings" which was presented by Eastern Airlines. (early days of WDW) I find comfort in knowing that, for the most part, the track and building in which this ride was once housed, is still intact. Though I love defending the Universe & battling the evil Emperor Zurg in "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin", I love to imagine the cool breeze as I race down the ski slope or feel the mist of the waterfall in Jamaica!

Have a magical day!
    Last edited by 4_4disney; 03-17-2005 at 03:09 PM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to the boards, 4_4disney!

We hope you will post often! We're a friendly bunch and if you ever have any questions, someone here is sure to help!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i have a cd that i bought in downtown disney when it was still the village, it has the magic journeys song on it as well as some other classics that are no longer in existance..such as kitchen kabaret, the entire dreamfinder spiel from the beginning of figment, horizons, and a few others. i can check the name of the cd but i have to get it out of my car first! it may be the official album that was already mentioned.

this is my 2nd posting and i just wanted to say hi to everyone!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

philsown is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation

There is a cover version of the song "Magic Journeys" done by the Japanese band Doopees on the "Disney Age @ D_100 Cafe" album. It's very dreamy indeed. You can find it on google. I tried yesasia.com but no luck.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I remember being scared to death when the witch came out and shot the lightning at the audience. I was little and it really freaked me out. I have the Magic Journeys song on a cassette tape. I wish there was a cd of the same album because it had some really great songs on it.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

DisneyManiac is offline A-Ticket holder
    The song that Disney released is NOT the one in the movie. That's redone in the studio. The actual music is absolutely beautiful. Wish they'd release all the old 3-D movies. I found one for Captain EO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFThn...HAEL%20JACKSON), but I can't find one for Magic Journeys.
    Loyal patron of the World since 1972

mag315 is offline A-Ticket holder

What a wonderful movie this was.

This was one of those magical attractions that Disney should have kept.

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I miss Magic Journeys soo much. They need to release it on DVD!!
    It was all started by a mouse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast