Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss El Rio Del Tiempo in the I Remember... forums; I liked the new changes but I did miss the salespeople moving from window to window....
    SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I liked the new changes but I did miss the salespeople moving from window to window.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by allie cat View Post
    kind of an angry, ethnocentric dude are we, elvis?

No. Just pointing out the truth which mealy-mouthed people are afraid to say. You're probably so used to PC speech that the truth seems shocking.

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    elvis, not saying there isn't truth to what you say, sadly, just that it would be blind to judge an entire county, its people and its culture based on one ethnocentric stereotype... at any rate, this is supposed to be a happy site - truce?

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGCRAB View Post
    I'm going to have to agree. I like the Gran Fiesta Tour too. I think that the 3 Caballeros and Epcot's Mexico pavilion are a perfect match.

El Rio del Tiempo, while a nice diversion and all, was never really a masterpiece, highly underattended and didn't have much in the way of educational value anyway.
    I agree as well
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by allie cat View Post
    elvis, not saying there isn't truth to what you say, sadly, just that it would be blind to judge an entire county, its people and its culture based on one ethnocentric stereotype... at any rate, this is supposed to be a happy site - truce?

Sure.

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've ridden both and think that it was a fun update. Kids like it and it freshens up the attraction.
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am not a big fan of the update, and really prefer the original ride. I agree that it needed an update, but I didn't think they needed to add the characters in so much.
    Last edited by eeyoregirl13; 12-02-2008 at 10:47 PM.

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I basically cried when i went on it. I had no clue it was getting "plussed" and when I went expecting one of my favorite rides, because of its calm, relaxing, and line free atmosphere, i got slapped in the face with this atrocity. I've ridden it on two separate trips since the change, and i'll never ride it again. R.I.P. El Rio del Tiempo
    BellHopper:
    Isn't WDW just a people trap operated by a mouse?

D23 Charter Member

Creambunni is offline It's a small world after all...
    I enjoy The Three Caballeros, so I enjoyed Gran Fiesta. I think Donald, Panchito and Jose are a perfect addition and was thrilled that they were added.
    "It's a small world after all..."

I liked the creepy Aztec guys better than the 3 caballeros. It was more fun the original way.

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree BellHopper, I loved how calm and relaxing it used to be!!! I miss that.

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I liked the update and it was also entertaining for my daughter as well.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    i don't like either version. i found the original extremely boring, and i think the Gran Fiesta Tour is a waste of space, they imagineers could have came up with something that was more kid friendly and eduacational
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    I like the Mexico Pavillion in its entirety, however I did enjoy the old ride. Im not saying at all that the new one is bad at all, it is nice to have characters in the ride now. And i like the part where they are dancing with the umbrellas and one is smoking a little. First time i saw that i told the CM at the unload and he smiled and said yeah it does that, its normal.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

DancingShamrock is offline A-Ticket holder
    I honestly didn't think the Gran Fiesta Tour was that bad, but I loved the old El Rio del Tiempo. The Dia de los Muertos portion was my absolute favorite.

The birds are cute and more kid-friendly, though.
    Walt Disney World Trips
    January 2009
    January 2005 * January 2003 * January 2002 * January 2001 * May 2000 *
    October 1999 * November 1997 * January 1996 * January 1994

Ben: What's your favorite hobby?
    Me: The Haunted Mansion.
    Ben: That's not a hobby.
    Me: You're right. Keeping track of 999 happy haunts isn't a hobby. It's a full-time job.

For those of us who love the Monorail spiel in Spanish:
    T-shirts available in MouseGear at EPCOT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast