Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss El Rio Del Tiempo in the I Remember... forums; I rode it this last trip and im starting to enjoy it a little more. I like to watch the birds chase after donald....
    thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder
    I rode it this last trip and im starting to enjoy it a little more. I like to watch the birds chase after donald.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

jennygt is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: El Rio Del Tiempo

I hate the new version, La, la,la,la,la,.............who does not miss the song?!!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

i liked the ride. I did like the original too, but I still feel like both could be a whole lot better. I personally learned more watching Saludos Amigos than I did riding either version of the ride. I wish Disney could find a way to blend the mystery and majesty of the old ride with the fun, silly Caballeros of the new ride, all while keeping the fireworks. And keep out the Aztec skull drinking and sacrificing, as well as the drug wars, etc. It needs to add some newer technology, but not make it overwhelming. Have it be fun-ducational Well, maybe in another 25 years, something like this will happen.... but until then, im ok with the ride the way it is.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

not as mad as you but also miss the old pictures.
    J&J

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture

i don't hate the new version but i really am not in love with it either...i guess i'm just a nostalgic person but El Rio Del Tiempo clearly isn't the same...i have to agree, how can you not miss the la, la, la ,la ,la la.... and the slightly creepy voiceover at the end as you wait to be bumped by the boat behind you....and it was great that there was never a line and you could just go around again...
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I love the old version. The creepy Aztec dudes used to dance around stone icons that had my brother's nose. How I loved to mock him about that!
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 04-01-2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: clarity

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I do miss the old version but the new one isn't unbearable. I really miss the salesperson and the song. I absolutely loved that song and I really miss that. I do agree though that World Showcase is meant to educate people who may never get to visit some of these countries and the new version doesn't do that at all.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

Finkelstein is offline A-Ticket holder

Cant say I can work up that much emotion to actually hate the new version but I did find the older version very very entertaining and probably not in the way Disney intended......oh how I wanted to sit in a pool drinking massive cocktails just like those groovy Mexicans

Gordon

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

I miss the old version too - but, because "The Three Caballeros" is one of my favorite movies, I do love seeing them getting the credit they deserve!!

I do miss the old song though!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

I love the new version. I never had the chance to see the old version, but I love the new one

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean Lady View Post
    Is anyone else extremely angry that they changed this ride? I just saw Gran Fiesta Tour for the first (and definitely my only) time. It was disgusting! Sure, It's great for little kids, but the countries are supposed to educate people about the culture and history of each country. The new ride does nothing of the sorts. In addition to stupid video clips, which you can't even see because the boat moves so fast, the clips aren't even explained!

I'm also angry because they took out my faaaaavorite part of that ride - the salesman who goes from screen to screen trying to sell you things.

I was so disappointed when I saw this "great new update" (<-- voice filled with sarcasm) and I almost cried. Does anyone else share my opinion?
    I think the ride is completely ruined. I used to look forward to it. Now we ride it just because it's tradition. Oh, and we try to get diners at San Angel to throw tortilla chips to us in the boat. I've never gotten anyone to do it.
    Tim

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm not a big fan of the changes, and I'm a huge Donald fan. I was happy to see that some of the films in the attraction have remained, but I missed the life-sized marionettes.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by jennygt View Post
    I hate the new version, La, la,la,la,la,.............who does not miss the song?!!

I completely agree!!!! I absolutely loved the old ride and the somg!!!! It was actually better than Maelstrom!!! (which is now first and the best...)

'Your cadaverous palour betrays an aurora of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? or is it your imagination?'
    (Going by a waterfall)
    'And now everyone, we are going by the famous Schweitzer falls named after the famous explorer, Dr. Albert Falls.'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234