Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Millennium Village in the I Remember... forums; Anyone remmeber (even better yet - have any photos of) the Jerusalem ride from the old Millenium Village ?...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

Millennium Village

Anyone remmeber (even better yet - have any photos of) the Jerusalem ride from the old Millenium Village?
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dizchick73 is offline A-Ticket holder
    is the village still there? where was it? i never saw it when i went to epcot.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    there was a bit of a gap between my trips to the world, and i keep hearing about this Millenium Village thing. what was it?
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Loric is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Big giant tent structure that is shaped like an "L" that is between Canada and the UK in Epcot. For the Millenium Celebration it hosted several other countries exhibits not normally in the World Showcase and even a few "attraction" type things such as Jerusalem. The name of the actual building is the World Showplace. It's pretty cool inside and still used for private functions and the occasional public event too - the Steiff Teddy Bear and Doll weekend for example, or for the Disneyana convention.. mostly merchandise events.

It's covered with sprinklers that come on before Illuminations becuase of the semi-temporary structure, in order to keep it from catching on fire from fall-out.

Xharryb is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks! I feel much less dumb now (maybe).
    This space designated as a DRAMA FREE ZONE

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I've continued to look for pictures of the Village, but to no avail. Although I saw it when I was there for 12-21-99 (AWESOME time!!!), I cannot find any of my pictures.
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I only was able to quickly go through there when it was open. I was with others and they had other plans. Here is a pic I found online searching of the exterior.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Jason.. I for some reason can find my pix of the outside, but can't seem to locate any of the interior.
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    here area few others I found... again not mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Millennium Village-3131mvc-869s.jpg   Millennium Village-millennium-village-001.jpeg  

shawnymike88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    sorry...I don't have pictures...but i did absolutely love millenium village. Anybody else remember the Sweden exhibit with the four huge eggs for the seasons? But to answer the first post..yeah I have been in the jerusalem ride/movie and I liked it..but i found the whole moving theater concept to be really cool...I wish they either still had it or they used it in another ride.....but i guess that's what Soarin' is for!!
    P.S. FIRST POST!!

enord is offline A-Ticket holder
    I loved the Millenium Village, but did not get any photos! We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas when the Village was open, and I think I ate every meal in their. They had a variety of items from many different countries, plus they were smaller portions and less expensive. That was one of my favorite visits to Disney.

Geppetto is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yes, rode the ride in March of 1999. It was OK, but was kinda tame due to the amount of older folks who rode. There was also a static option if I remember right. Then, again not too much about Jerusalem that lends itself to a motion ride. The screen was not that big and the seats were on a big bleacher kind of deal with a handrail. There may have been a couple levels, but wouldn't swear on it.

As to the Village, I thought it was OK for being in a tent. The displays were OK. There was some sort of game show we participated in and some putting game too, that I can remember. What I liked the best was some of the guys from Saudi Arabia or Egypt (can't remember) that were writing persons names in Arabic. There was also a group presentation/quiz about the Arab world and I answered all the questions right, being the geography expert (loved those old National Geographic magzines as a kid ) and polyglot that I am.
    Last edited by Geppetto; 05-19-2005 at 12:51 PM.
    "Good Geppetto, you have given so much happiness to others. You deserve to have your wish come true."

"Geppetto buono, lei ha dato cosí molta felicitŕ agli altri. Lei il derserve di avere il suo desiderio si č realizzato."

Scrap-Vamp is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi all -this is my first post here after stumbling across you yesterday!

Thank you so much for confirming my memories of the Sweden exhibit were not just created in my imagination - 2000 was the last time I visited WDW!
    Jen xXx

Welcome to the family!
    Lou Mongello

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I loved the Jerusalem ride and have a video of portions, but not being a geek I would have NO idea how to get them on the web. Somewhere, in my stacks and stacks of photos I have a picture of Mr. iwannabeminnie at the wailing wall and looking at the square tomatoes. His favorite portion was Scotland because he got to play golf!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast