Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Mickey's Birthday Land in the I Remember... forums; omg...my very first memory.. ever... not just at wdw, was watching the mickey birthday show.(in nov. 1989) didnt they have minnie baking a cake or something like that? and.. it ...
    ksa1314 is offline A-Ticket holder
    omg...my very first memory.. ever... not just at wdw, was watching the mickey birthday show.(in nov. 1989)

didnt they have minnie baking a cake or something like that?

and.. it was in toontown wasnt it?

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksa1314
    omg...my very first memory.. ever... not just at wdw, was watching the mickey birthday show.(in nov. 1989)

didnt they have minnie baking a cake or something like that?

and.. it was in toontown wasnt it?
    Hello ksa1314 and to the boards! Yes, Mickey's birthday show was in what is now Toontown and included the whole gang: :mickey: . And yes, baked a special cake for :mickey: and who else but almost messed it up. Hope to read more posts from you soon!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm in this boat of 18-20 somethings that remember this. Mickey's Birthday Land was the first place I met Mickey Mouse my first time I was ever at Walt Disney World. My parents have pictures and still talk about it to this day. I just remember being so excited that I finally got to meet Mickey!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I remember the WDWRR was renamed the Birthdayland Express.... The theater.... the tiny building facades... the petting farm....

"Mmmeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmriess...... light the corner of my miiiiind...."

OH, sorry.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was really young during this so all I remember are the building facades and the fact that they sold cupcakes. Then later they changed it into Mickey's Starland and finally into Toontown
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Maestrojosh87 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember Starland, just not Birthdayland.
    The "DUDE" computer that started off the show was nifty.

But what I remember was it was SO SHORT!! Probably the shortest of all the shows running at the time.

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    I miss the shows from the 80s...with the surprise mickey bday party at Minnie's House and then the big finally in the next room with all of the characters dancing on a gigantic cake!!! Does anyone remember also...I have a video of it too!
    The Goofy Princess

Maestrojosh87 is offline A-Ticket holder
    You do?
    I would like to see it!

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    I remember Mickey's Birthdayland, but I didn't spend much time there (this was before we had kids). Mickey's Starland, however, is another story. We had to do this every time we took our daughter there. I loved the stage show with the Disney Afternoon characters. We have the whole show on video. My DD was very upset when they discontinued the show.

I also remember the petting farm - especially Minnie Moo. She was a white cow that had a Hidden Mickey in her black spots. I have pictures of that somewhere, too.

Lisa

"No capes!"

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Do they still sell those cupcakes.

liljam is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Mickey's Birthday land was there the last time I was in Disney. It's been so long ago... I leave this coming friday to go back for the first time in years so I'll be sure to do a trip report when I return.

I remember MBL vividly though. It was a fun place even though I was "getting older" (age 12 lol.) I remember cupcakes or cake of some sort with pink icing that was awesome, but with that said, why do I remember something Barbie related to the cakes? I'm 30 now so excuse my memory, but I'm certain the last time I was at WDW and visited MBL, there was something relating to Barbie and friends.... Can someone clarify what in the world I'm talking about? THAT'S where I remember cupcakes!

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder

The BEST Cupcakes!

I remember the cupcakes, and they were "Kind of a big deal" at the time. I worked at the Disney Store during this time period, and people were always coming back from Florida and mentioning the cupcakes. They were sooo delicious!!! I used to recommend that guests go try them, and they never failed to please!
    Do you remember the aqua-blue trash cans in Birthdayland? It sounds crazy, but they were the cutest trash cans ever.

"Happy Birthday, it's Mickey's birthday, happy happy birthday to you!! " - that was a great song!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12