Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Help Me Place These in the I Remember... forums; Ok so once again I was in "super scan" mode today and got in some shots from 1988 and late 1989 that my father brought me this weekend while he ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Help Me Place These

Ok so once again I was in "super scan" mode today and got in some shots from 1988 and late 1989 that my father brought me this weekend while he was in town.

ANYWAY... when this happens I see things I don't remember and need help placing. I've already posted about the stage show I didn't remember but now I have just a few shots that aren't shows or attractions but just places that I can't seem to figure out the location of. They are from 1989 and 1988. Help?

I know this was in MGM somewhere but can't figure out where or why...

I vividly remember this... it moved back and forth (it's from Roger Rabbit) but have no clue where it was. It almost looks like maybe it was where the Muppet store is now in MGM?

I'm fairly sure this was in the Magic Kingdom but I've got another night shot from the same day of the tree up by the train station and it's not blue. There is also not a second tree.

This one I know "where" it is, it's on the monorail... but I feel like there's something missing from this spot here. It's in 1988. Why am I thinking there is something on this land now?

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I'm sorry Jenn, I can't help out this time. I wasn't even born until 88' lol
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    Jenn: That's New York Street. The last picture looks like part of a golf course
    Tiff: But these were taken after you were born
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    But I didn't even go to WDW until I was 7 lol
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I think the "toon killing mobile" was at the end of the backlot tour. I seem to remember a Roger Rabbit exhibit somewhere in that area.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I may be COMPLETELY wrong about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I may be COMPLETELY wrong about it though.

nope you are not wrong
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    I was alive at this time, but I don't seem to recall my trips to Disney as a 1 or 2 year old...

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    As far as I can tell, the first two are already answered. The third one, I can't help with because until this year, I had never been to the park outside of the summer. The fourth one, I don't think that anything is missing, except maybe bigger trees and bushes and a better manicured area. I could be wrong though.
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was going to say the Grand Floridian is missing, but from how close Space Mountain is, I think the pic is taken somewhere between the Contemporary and the Poly so it can't be the GF. Anyone else have an idea?

Grand Floridian is more to the left of the castle
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Yes, and I actually have a second picture in that album of GF under construction so that's definitely not it. It's driving me nuts. Maybe it is just trees etc. but I'm going to pay special attention to that when we go again in January.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I can say for certain that there is nothing missing from that picture apart from maybe slightly taller trees. That area has been the subject of regular rumors over the years, and Disney hasn't developed it at all. You can see it on Google Maps here: Google Maps

Also, in the third picture, I think those trees are in the center hub of MK. Either the large tree is block the castle, or it's out of the frame.

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan View Post
    I can say for certain that there is nothing missing from that picture apart from maybe slightly taller trees. That area has been the subject of regular rumors over the years, and Disney hasn't developed it at all. You can see it on Google Maps here: Google Maps
    Ah perfect! Wonderful even! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan
    Also, in the third picture, I think those trees are in the center hub of MK. Either the large tree is block the castle, or it's out of the frame.
    When you say the center hub, where do you mean? I have a shot of a tree at MK from the same trip, lit up differently, in the spot where they usually set the trees up now (right outside the main street station). Plus I can see a building to the right of this shot which threw me for a loop too.

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    When you say the center hub, where do you mean? I have a shot of a tree at MK from the same trip, lit up differently, in the spot where they usually set the trees up now (right outside the main street station). Plus I can see a building to the right of this shot which threw me for a loop too.
    The hub is right in front of the castle, where all the lands converge. It's where the "Partners" statue is. I'm pretty sure the building you're seeing is actually the banners in front of the castle. You can see what I'm talking about in this photo: Flickr Photo Download: DSC00428

Based on that photo and the position of the banners and trees, and the darkness in your photo, I think that yours was taken right in front of Cinderella castle looking back towards Adventureland.

I should be in forensics!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast