Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Barbies in Epcot in the I Remember... forums; I don't know if anyone else remembers, has pictures, or could offer more insight, but today I was cleaning out my old video cabinets and I found a VHS tape ...
    Meggersuit83 is offline A-Ticket holder

Barbies in Epcot

I don't know if anyone else remembers, has pictures, or could offer more insight, but today I was cleaning out my old video cabinets and I found a VHS tape all about Barbie in Epcot. I believe it was in the early 90s and it was all about the release of different barbies from around the world. The video was about two girls visiting the different places in Epcot that the barbies were from and learning what was special about each place.
    If I remember right I think they also has some barbie happenings going on in Epcot around this time, a parade maybe and random stations in all of the world showcase? Perhaps this is all a dream but the tape is definitely real and it suddenly brought back many memories that I am now wondering if they are real or not!

tiggerguy is offline WDWRadio.com Moderator
    back in 1994 Barbie did indeed appear at Epcot in her 40' pink limosuine
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Oh my, that video is around my house somewhere too.

My daughter was a preschooler back then. There were stage shows that were performed 5 days a week and remember having to really alter our schedule after the one we scheduled was cancelled. DD wouldn't hear of leaving WDW without seeing the show. We have pictures somewhere of the car, Barbie and if I am remembering correctly Ken too. The limo was parked up near the Odyssey walkway and Mexico.

I just remember nobody else in my family being nearly as excited as my daughter with Barbie @ Epcot.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I was a big barbie fan lol, I wish I saw this video. I do remember the first time I went to WDW I got a 25th anniversary Barbie. I just wish I would have gone a few years before 98' lol.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    I was a big barbie fan lol, I wish I saw this video. I do remember the first time I went to WDW I got a 25th anniversary Barbie. I just wish I would have gone a few years before 98' lol.
    I'll dig around. If we still have it I'll mail it to you Tiff. It wasn't overly captivating.

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I remember it was sold with a barbie doll for like a penny. I used to watch that video when I was little over and over again. I don't know what ever happened to my original copy, but a few years ago I ordered it on amazon so I could watch it again, mostly to see Epcot way back when. I loved it haha. The two girls went to all the countries in World Showcase and did a cultural activity in each country. Then they went to the stage show of Barbie that was like set in Australia and they had like a fashion show of current and older Barbie fashions. It was a great video for a girl like me that loved Barbies and loved Disney World.

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Wow, I used to watch this video a million years ago. xD
    I was just thinking about it too!
    But I think my dad has it. o.O
    I used to love it too.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'll dig around. If we still have it I'll mail it to you Tiff. It wasn't overly captivating.
    okay, thanks
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

mickeyhoneymoon is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Oh I had that video too! We seen the show at epcot in 1994! I remember my brother, who was about 5 at the time, was so mad that he had to watch the barbie show!
    JESSICA
    Oct. '93 Dixie Landings/Fort Wilderness
    Dec. '94 All Star Sports
    Oct. 98 Carribean Beach
    Aug. '08 Pop
    Sept. '10 Pop

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I would love a copy of this. Wonder if ebay has one.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

MinneTinK is offline A-Ticket holder
    The barbie show used to be my absolute favorite attraction at wdw! I was a little girl of course so I'm sure it wouldn't be as great now. I also still have the video, it features someone from every country saying happy birthday to Barbie. I believe the show was in the American pavillion and featured Barbie and all her friends (Ken, Skipper, etc) Oh how I wish they would bring this back just for kicks!
    Alexis

Laughter is America's most important export-Walt Disney

epcotbarbiefan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just posted an original video from The Magical World of Barbie on YouTube...just do a search for my youtube name to see all four videos (more to come!)

barbieepcotfan is my username...enjoy!!

There are other videos, but I really like the original cast, which was only there for 6 months....then they got a new Barbie, and it closed just a few months after that.

DancingShamrock is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saw that stage show in 1994 when I was 7. I think we went about four or five times because I couldn't get enough. I'm fairly sure my grandma video'd the show, but I'm not sure as I haven't seen the tape in years.

It was a pretty sweet show.
    Walt Disney World Trips
    January 2009
    January 2005 * January 2003 * January 2002 * January 2001 * May 2000 *
    October 1999 * November 1997 * January 1996 * January 1994

Ben: What's your favorite hobby?
    Me: The Haunted Mansion.
    Ben: That's not a hobby.
    Me: You're right. Keeping track of 999 happy haunts isn't a hobby. It's a full-time job.

For those of us who love the Monorail spiel in Spanish:
    T-shirts available in MouseGear at EPCOT

disney_barbie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    wow i wish i had seen this show... my two favourite things combined!

didn't there used to be a mattel and barbie shop in downtown disney? i have a wdw barbie from there.. never taken it out of the box lol

Barbie x

bellaDisneydncr is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Barbies in Epcot

I have that video- saw the show- went totally ga-ga over Barbie- got to meet and dance with her- it totally made my life!

And yes- there was a Barbie shop where Tren-D is now. That was an awesome store! I always remember that they had little displays set up with tons of dolls portraying different scenes and when you pressed the button music played and some of the dolls twirled. I specifically remember one that was the beach and it played "Surfin USA!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast