Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss The Living Seas--Sea Cabs?? in the I Remember... forums; brian, that's what i was thinking of...i dont' think it was "the boat" but i just remember it was an airboat and it had days of thunder painted in red ...
    GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    brian, that's what i was thinking of...i dont' think it was "the boat" but i just remember it was an airboat and it had days of thunder painted in red on it at the boneyard...hmmm i wonder if i have any pictures...i have to say though that my fave props there were from roger rabbit, boy that roger couldn't drive!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yeah I miss the seacabs too even though I only had the chance to ride them once that was back in 1999.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

yensid1071 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I miss the sea cabs too. When I was there last July, the windows in the top of the tunnel were covered up, but we couldn't get any answers on what what going on or what they planned to do in there.

Thunder in Paradise... ahhhh... I remember that show. And I have them to thank for a trip of mine to WDW in 1994!! While at MGM on that trip, we saw Hogan and a few others taping promos for one of the wrestling shows outside GMR. A number of other wrestlers had parts in various episodes. They filmed a bunch of the exterior and interior shots at various places on property. In one episode, Spence took his DD to WDW and showed them on a number of rides, including Dumbo, Teacups and Splash. Another episode was filmed in the Team Disney building. Another used the Indy Stunt Show set for a fight. Very cheesy show, but it was fun to watch and see where they filmed a lot of it. The boat, Thunder (a Scarab, I believe), was on the Backlot Tour for a few years. I have a pic of it, but need to hook up my scanner. In the meantime, here's a pic of it from the promo poster.
    Jay
    Mahna mahna....

Officially escaped the Box on January 4, 2012!

I have short term memory loss. It runs in the family. Well, at least I *think* it does. Hmmmm... where are they???

that promo shot is hilarious! and to be even more random, talking about Thunder taping around the studios....i saw an episode of Step By Step being filmed at epcot with Patrick Duffy and Susanne Summers in front of the France pavillion. did anyone else see that? i'll try and post a pic or 2 when i fix my scanner.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Speaking of the hydrolators (way back in the beginning of the thread): I wish they would just get rid of them. It's a nice effect & all, but it takes too long, just to go in and walk around. When we were put in the show area, i think a total of 3 people stayed to watch it. Everyone else (myself included) booked it! You can still see the dolphins & manatee & sea turtles, so that part is really cool. They also have the interactive stations that are Nemo themed for kids (young & old!). I like going in there, but it's something i could skip without being too sad about it
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

JEANYLASER is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Miami, Florida are planning to move to Orlando, Florida
    i remember this ride in the living seas i hope that disney will bring this ride back.

i haven't been in the living seas in a while, this time we go to disney next week the family might stop in just to see the changes....however when talk of the living seas comes up we always refer to the movie with "the deluge"
    Erica

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Definitely Horizons and World of Motion-there were some funny phrases in both rides that my family and i miss. And what on earth did they do with Figment?? I had that toy since a kid and that immortal song 'Imaaaaaaagination imaaaaaagination...'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12