Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss The Living Seas--Sea Cabs?? in the I Remember... forums; I am in love w/ the Living Seas.. but what's the deal w/ getting rid of the Sea Cabs?? That was one of my favortie parts..(besides taking the hydrolator to ...
    dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning

The Living Seas--Sea Cabs??

I am in love w/ the Living Seas.. but what's the deal w/ getting rid of the Sea Cabs?? That was one of my favortie parts..(besides taking the hydrolator to the floor of the sea) Does anyone know if they are planning on bringing them back?? I would love it if they did.. I wish I could trade in my car for one of those things .. well.. if I was able to drive it off the track and onto the highway!!

where are my sea cabs??

contence is offline A-Ticket holder
    the sea cubs shouldn't be comming back. WDW is adding a Nemo section to the attraction, which is suppose to be replacing the sea cabs. i believe that the sea cabs were taken out for the same reason for 20,00 leagues, lack of part to repare them

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    I doubt it. While it is/was a nice illusion, especially for kids and some adults, the whole Hydrolator process took too long to move the crowds. As a result The Living Seas is not too popular, even for us WDW fanatics. I do not know what they are going to do, pehaps copy Sea World's moving walkway thru the exhibit. Time will tell.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

they're also adding a new que line inside of the building as well. last time i was there, it was still under construction

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder

Sea Cabs

I too miss the sea cabs.

On one trip I asked the guy at the entrance about the sea cabs, and he indicated that they were removed when the Living Seas lost it's sponsor.

Hopefully, they will do something interesting with the Nemo section.
    Aimee

i have to agree. i do hope that they do something interesting with Nemo. but i don't go to the living seas for the que and que area shows. i go for the dolphins so either way, it doesn't effect me

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Well, they have Turtle Talk with Crush - that's unlike anything that I've seen before!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The sea cabs tended to be slow and frequently stopped when someone would stick their foot out or something and hit the intrusion mats... The current configuration is not that bad (Turtle Talk with Crush is awesome.. and will be even cooler if they add another character or something) - but the CM repeatedly announcing to the queue waiting for the Hydrolaters that there is "No ride" is a little sad..

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    If anyone remembers the low budget Action show (starring Hulk Hogan) "Thunder In Paradise". It was filmed almost entirely at WDW, they lived in The Grand Floridian Hotel. There was one episode that featured them going in to an underwater prison, which was filmed at the living seas, one of the corridor scenes is along the tracks where the ride was.

Here is a shot from the set of Thunder in Paradise. You can see the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary resort in the background.

Thunder In WDW

[IMG=http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=402&stc=1][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    wasn't there a boat or someother prop from the show that used to be on the backlot tour at mgm?
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    I read a rumor a couple of years ago that the sea cabs were closed due to a potential terrorist target. Is there any validity to this?
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

no, there were no terrorist target in the sea cabs. as fo Thunder in Paradise, the was the water pool that was used for night shots with Bru and Spence in the middle of nowhere in the water. i believe it was removed but i check when they open it back up fully. the boat, "Thunder" was never on display

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I think one of the props from the show was in the boneyard wasn't it? and wasnt it made from the old central tower of the star jets?

Wait heres a quote I found, about the star jets, on a really cool History of WDW web site illustated with it's postcards..... ;-)

According to Lou Mongello Author of the Walt Disney World Trivia book and web master of http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com: "When it closed in 1993, the center was removed, painted green camouflage, and used in the TV series Thunder in Paradise which was filmed at Disney-MGM studios (It can now be found in the Studios' "Bone Yard.")

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

I do remember a boat in the graveyard, but the boat that was there was during the times they were filming Thunder in Paradise. The Boat was from a show called something like " the adventures of captain black" Which was on the disney channel. I'm probably way off on the name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast