Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Country Bear Christmas Show in the I Remember... forums; I havent gotten a response back.....but im going to to research a few more of the ppl i could get to and see what i can come up with...
    thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Country Bear Christmas Show

I havent gotten a response back.....but im going to to research a few more of the ppl i could get to and see what i can come up with
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I have this track in my collection and throw it on every now and again, just to get my Disney Christmas fix at random times during the year. Works every time
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDWLocal is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    I havent gotten a response back.....but im going to to research a few more of the ppl i could get to and see what i can come up with
    Keep us posted, Thunderman04-07, specifically if it's positive news.

Don't forget to join the "Bring Back the Country Bear Christmas Show" Facebook group, whose link can be found in Post #6 on this thread.

After all, the Xmas show MUST return! It ALWAYS had long lines, unlike the regular show, and the park has already recieved LOTS of complaints (written, verbal, etc.) from guests, expressing their disappointment over the overlay's absence.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

it is ridiculous... to think that they believe it costs THAT much to change this storyline to xmas is crazy...! i cant see it being cost effective to leave it as is... even though they do not charge per ride anymore...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

disneyphilip is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    it is ridiculous... to think that they believe it costs THAT much to change this storyline to xmas is crazy...! i cant see it being cost effective to leave it as is... even though they do not charge per ride anymore...
    I fully agree. They need to bring the overlay back ASAP!

I wonder if ThunderMan has gotten any updates about it since his last post in this thread...

disneynurse is offline A-Ticket holder

The Christmas show was one of my favorite parts of going to Walt Disney World during Christmas time and I was very sad to see it go. I am very happy to see that I'm not the only one.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

They go through the expense of doing the overlay of the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain at Disneyland. Not sure why they can't give us the Country Bears Christmas. Especially since they don't even have the Bears in CA any longer.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Hey everyone, Thunderman here, just in a new profile. I can no longer access my former ID after losing my email address to a hacker.

I havent gotten any answers, and as far as i know it hasnt come back and there arent any plans But that doesnt mean we should give in! Keep making noise!!

So they shortened the regular show..... and rumor has it that the newer skins make it easier to change them from time to time. Thats a good sign, so hopefully they are planning on a Christmas Show revival!!

And on that note..... has anyone seen the new version of the CBJ? Is it a bad change or a good change?
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I don't know when they shortened it and didn't know they did but when I went last May I remember thinking I thought it was longer. Maybe I was right?

There's a new "shortened" version on youtube if you want to go see it.

I was shortened in October 2012. They cut out "Fractured Folk Song" and "Devilish Mary" and cut out some dialogue too. Some of the other songs were shortened slightly as well. It was 16 minutes long now its only 12
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Okay- I guess I was just thinking I was missing something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7VgbzXx87s- Christmas Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9MNVi1Q5tA -- shortened Show

I havent seen the show at all in 4 years...... I used to see it sometimes.......10 times or so in a day when i was a CM.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I havent seen the show at all in 4 years...... I used to see it sometimes.......10 times or so in a day when i was a CM.
    Ouch! That is bear overload. Did you ever get to CM during the Christmas overlay. We only saw that once, happy we did, we enjoyed it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast