Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Country Bear Christmas Show in the I Remember... forums; I had no clue that they re-did the Bears. I found the video on YouTube. What a mess-up! I LOVED "Devilish Mary" and the interaction between from the wall to ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Country Bear Christmas Show

I had no clue that they re-did the Bears. I found the video on YouTube. What a mess-up! I LOVED "Devilish Mary" and the interaction between from the wall to the stage, as well as the finale - the new bears do look good, but it has such a butchered feel now.

Not as bad as Under New Management, at all, but this is really a let-down. The finale is the worst change they made. It ends so abruptly now. I say bad change.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I fail to understand this hack job. Unless it fits into the master plan of FP+ and the time frame fits? Hard to believe now that this was, way back when an E attraction.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I don't see how 5 minutes could be such an important part of FP+, but I can't think of any other reason other than to perhaps move crowds in and out more quickly? Did people find it too long or boring? Every time I went there, it was always around 75% or more full, so it seemed to still be rather popular.

I watched the old version then the new version again. I could deal with some changes here and there - but Devilish Mary, the finale, and at least some more of the exchanges from the Buff, Max, and Melvin should have been kept. I showed it to my mom who LOVES the show - she said she was going to e-mail Disney even though they probably don't even read them. I'm surprised this is just now being brought up on here.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

the fact that their AA's still move their mouths is enough to drive a person mad... why take it out but still have the movement... what does that exactly accomplish...?
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Which ones are you talking about? Max, Melvin, and Buff are supposed to be moving along to the music. I saw somebody thought that was a mistake, but it's intended

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Ok hold on a moment..... someone explain to me please what FP+ is? I tihnk i missed something...... If it has to do with fastpass, it wont affect CBJ at all. Its pointless to have FP there because in the slower times of the year we dont even fill up most shows halfway.... At the slowest times we used to skip whole shows alltogether until we had ppl in there. I miss being a CM..
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Ok hold on a moment..... someone explain to me please what FP+ is? I tihnk i missed something...... If it has to do with fastpass, it wont affect CBJ at all. Its pointless to have FP there because in the slower times of the year we dont even fill up most shows halfway.... At the slowest times we used to skip whole shows alltogether until we had ppl in there. I miss being a CM..
    Oh nothing about FP+ makes much sense to most of us. Just about every attraction will be FP'd and you will make reservations, like ADR's for your FP's online ultimately likely when you make ADRs 180 days out. Woot.

You've missed a lot and a chunk of it is still speculation but the new FP scanners have been going in for a while as is the swipe for admission. You will also ultimately be wearing a bracelet wristband that has all the data for everything encoded in your wristband, charging, room key, tickets, ADRs, FP's.

I'll go look for a link.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

That whole concept takes the fun out of the visit...... seriously i dont want to schedule my whole day lol
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

And......i honestly dont think they will bother with the FP+ with CBJ. It wont be worth it except the 2 month peak in summer and the holiday time.

I honestly think they shortened the show time because they wanted to do 4 shows in an hour rather than 3. After you factor in seating and the opening spiel and exiting, you only really do 3 shows an hour with the original 15 minute runtime

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    That whole concept takes the fun out of the visit...... seriously i dont want to schedule my whole day lol
    Right there with you. You will be stunned to see what lesser attractions they have already put the Posts in for the FP+. It seems their intention to direct guest traffic to under utilized attractions by awarding FP's in bundles of E attractions and lesser attractions, distributing guests better throughout the parks. Not a fan.

Here is first link:

WDW Untangled Blog Archive Some details of the forthcoming FastPass+ and MyMagic+ programs at WDW

Here is a second link to some discussion on it and other new techie things:
    New WDW Tech Launches
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-25-2013 at 07:58 PM.

I may or may not try it..... Ill ask some of my friends who are still working in the World about it. But I am somewhat old fashioned in a way.... I prefer to wait in some queues...... others not so much

Does anyone know if there is a thread in here about the new FP system??? Or should we create one after getting some new info on it?? Im interested to see other folks opinions on it

There are quite a few as this has been in the planning a long time and they just started testing it out in the last few months.

I started the new tech launch thread to try and keep somethings together as so much started launching and we had threads started in so many different forum areas. Some of the older threads are rfid, NextGen, FP, Magic My Way are some of the buzz phrases. As an example there are rfid main gate entrances, rfid door locks for resorts, rfid poles for the FP+ swiping, you name it there is likely multiple threads as we have been debating the heck out of it.

What does RFID stand for?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast