Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
I Remember... Lost Attractions of WDW & More Discuss Country Bear Christmas Show in the I Remember... forums; I heard that they are going to discuss the Xmas show at a meeting in the spring. Not sure who they is, but its the most positive news ive heard ...
    froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Country Bear Christmas Show

I heard that they are going to discuss the Xmas show at a meeting in the spring. Not sure who they is, but its the most positive news ive heard on the subject to date!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    I heard that they are going to discuss the Xmas show at a meeting in the spring. Not sure who they is, but its the most positive news ive heard on the subject to date!
    Till then:

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I wanna be a xmas country bear!!!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Why would Disney cut it to do more shows an hour? I mean, it attracts decent crowds, but is only "packed out" during peak times.

It's one of the more-attended shows in the MK, but I don't see the crowds justify taking very good parts of the show out. It was great as it was, just needed some cosmetic work.

I think its really all about turnover... they want to say that the theater holds X amount of people, and if the show runs 4 times an hour we can pass X amount of people through an hour... this obviously is conceivable because we know the show doesnt pack out often...
    froland_04-08 likes this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I think it might be time to start this years petition..... anyone know how i can do that???

I think it might be time to start this years petition..... anyone know how i can do that???
    Ahh think twice about that if you ever want to work there again.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ahh think twice about that if you ever want to work there again.
    OMG i would love it so much!! I worked there in 2005 for the last run of it and i loved it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I think its really all about turnover... they want to say that the theater holds X amount of people, and if the show runs 4 times an hour we can pass X amount of people through an hour... this obviously is conceivable because we know the show doesnt pack out often...
    You're likely correct especially since this has been one of the attractions they are grouping with FP+ block reservations in the test runs. They are planning on funneling more people through, in theory anyhow.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yeh... but we know the attraction rarely packs it in though...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

And this is one of the philosophies that Disney is trying to correct by tacking in the FP+ bundle underutilized attractions like Country Bear, CoP etc. Now if guests actually go to those just because they have a FP+; hard to tell what the majority of guests would do, we discuss it with a fairly knowledgeable fan base, but we are in actuality the minority.

You know the only real reason people dont go to COP, CBJ, HOP.......and the such is because its an old style show. Theres no fancy special effects to do with it. PPl want thrills and big shows that have 3D or explosions. Its kinda like how it is when a kid stops believing in santa clause.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys

You know the only real reason people dont go to COP, CBJ, HOP.......and the such is because its an old style show. Theres no fancy special effects to do with it. PPl want thrills and big shows that have 3D or explosions. Its kinda like how it is when a kid stops believing in santa clause.
    there's no Santa ?!?!?!?!?!
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Oh im sure there is.....What i meant is that WDW needs to make these shows "appetizing" again. Maybe an interactive queue, or have the bears themselves out more often in front of CBJ. Im sure they can make a presidential mickey.....

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    And this is one of the philosophies that Disney is trying to correct by tacking in the FP+ bundle underutilized attractions like Country Bear, CoP etc. Now if guests actually go to those just because they have a FP+; hard to tell what the majority of guests would do, we discuss it with a fairly knowledgeable fan base, but we are in actuality the minority.
    I don't see why it would - those only have wait times at peak visit times, the rest of the time it's pointless to schedule your day around 3 more attractions that you don't have to wait in line for anyway.

If FP+ is the reason they cut it down, just one more reason to hate it.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    I don't see why it would - those only have wait times at peak visit times, the rest of the time it's pointless to schedule your day around 3 more attractions that you don't have to wait in line for anyway.

If FP+ is the reason they cut it down, just one more reason to hate it.
    And yet the vast majority of guests don't know what we fans do.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast